We've been consistently limiting on chinook out of Neah Bay since the opener. Swiftsure has been pretty reliable but it gives up mostly 8-12 lb'ers. Deep (250') tomic plugs are good for larger but few fish - mostly in the 15-18# range. Last Sat and Sun. (7/26-27) I was with an impatient newbie so we fished up in the 135' range. We limited on kings by 11:15 on Sat and 10:15 on Sunday. Flashers and pearl or purple hootchies.

Sharkfin and South Prarie has been where most of the commercials are at and a few of the recs looking for bigger fish. Decent but not great numbers of fish in the 15-30+ range (mostly upper teens, low 20's) have been coming from those areas. The guys who are getting 'er done best are fishing real deep - 250 to as much as 425 on the cable.

Occasional nice fish have been coming from the usual kelp bed adjacent areas - Skagway, Spike Rock, Father and Son, but the bite there has been very slow. It was awful during the opener. I attribute that to the terrible visability due to an algae bloom that only cleared a week or two ago.

Further N, excellent numbers of Chinook (and larger than average Coho) have been showing in the past week at Esperanza inlet and Nootka sound. I still think this is shaping up to be one of the best king years in recent history, we just need to be a little more patient.