Originally Posted By: Todd
No matter how good it looks, unless they seriously change what they feed farmed salmon than you will not be getting much out of it.

The ratio of Omega3s to Omega6s is perfect in wild fish...and is completely upside down in fish raised on the crap in the pellets they feed them.

Not only is it not "good for you", but it's the kind of fat ratio that will make you fatter.

http://authoritynutrition.com/wild-vs-farmed-salmon/

Salmon indeed is a personal preference...I love me some LCR springer, but not too much of it...same with a perfect sockeye.

That being said...I'll take a nice big chunk of a perfect URB over both, and since I eat salmon a LOT (three days a week on average), really good coho is my mainstay...

Fish on...

Todd

The conclusions from the author of your reference:

1). However… I don’t really think this is a cause for concern. Even though farmed salmon contains Omega-6, the O6:O3 ratio is still excellent (at 1:3-4), it’s just less excellent than that in wild salmon, which is at 1:10 (9).

2). Salmon, both farmed and wild, should lead to a massive improvement in Omega-3 intake for most people, and is often recommended for that purpose.

3). In a 4 week study of 19 volunteers, eating farmed Atlantic salmon twice per week increased DHA (an important Omega-3 fatty acid) levels in the blood by 50% (10).

4). Bottom Line: Farmed salmon is much higher in Omega-6 fatty acids than wild salmon, but the amount is still too low to be a cause for concern.