Obessed, you seem to understand what i was getting at. I do not condmen the tribal fishier for taking fish. I, even with with Potter's numbers still do not think that the limited way the fish, even blocking off the entire river bank to bank, which does piss me off, still does not for the man hours put in average out the same as the big commerial's.
See folks, if you spend 4-6 hours per day that can be out netting, added in cost of overhead, wear and tear, repair and maintence and replacement cost and divide into the gross $96,000.00 you don't get [Bleeeeep!] for an hourly pay and total income.
All these factors have to be looked at to make a honest estimate of value. Yes, hertiage is well above any dollor value and does not figure into this.
I have not had any problems in the last 5-6 years with native tribal fishierman, as they come thru most will ask for us to hold out for a 15-20 minute break. So i see what the ones on some of the inlamd rivers are catching. Potter, nowhere even near the amount of fish the coastals catch, we don't have the fish left to catch most of the time, this year is an exception.
But instead of famine, why not pursue a more steady source of income that will bennefit all the tribal nations, which some are doing very well at and others still floundering with; other means of good gross income.
Yes letty, you make good money selling us dumb white folks alot of fishing time in your boats, and guess what, you deserve it!
If you can take a boat full of po\eople out fishing 4-6 times a week and sometimes 2 times aday for hard cash, why not. This is the real world of ecomonic's 101.

Iam have just tried to say in around about way, that there are more ways to make a good sound income for the tribal memebers other than netting fish that are falling of the face of the earth as fast as the ozone is depleting the atomsphere.
Thanks for letting me speak my peace, long and dry as it may be, but i feel that we all need to come up and start to live in the new world, which requires new idea's along with the memories of old.

elmtree (woody)