That looks good. Much better than the pay to play crap many were clamoring for around here a few weeks ago.

This is exciting, but I'd be a lot more excited to hear they were planning to reopen the Puget Sound rivers. Sadly, based on what the project description says, I think WDFW's already given up on that, and they're trying to sell improved access to the Wynoochee as mitigation for the loss of those fisheries. That's not the sort of "Wynoochee Mitigation" folks around Grays Harbor have been trying to get done. On that note, WDFW had better get to work on the "original" mitigation. The Nooch is going to need a lot more fish to support all of Puget Sound.

On another, related topic, can you guys running sleds with 5 and 6 guys in them please STOP? This ain't the Cowlitz, people, and it can't sustain that kind of onslaught for long. I'm not looking to ban sleds. I just think a little restraint is in order, considering that this #1 steelhead destination in Western Washington thing is looking more and more like a long-term deal.