Steelheadman

Not one of your direct ancestors....but I did get to fish all the local rivers, and some in the OP....in the old days!!!

Years 1968- until mid 80's---Humptulips, Wynoochee, Satsop, upper Quinault, Queets, Hoh ALL had lots of BIG fish. Wynoochee, Humptulips, and Satsop were open until the end of April, until about 1972-73.....I fished the Satsop, lots, during April, many times just "me, myself and I".

Early years very few driftboats, anywhere...and jet boats were few and far between.

Tribe never netted past October, until sometimes in late 80's. NT and QIN, netted 7 days a week, much of October....then all the nets were gone.

I knew very little about river salmon or steelhead fishing, still I caught fish and quite a few "big fish". No eggs, or any bait....to messy.....used Sammi's, okie's, and other off the shelf items. Everything seemed to work, everywhere.......just lot's of fish, I say again...Lot's of fish.

Those years will NEVER be again......called "gill net", just don't see any of the tribes cutting waaaay back on their net season.

Not many pics, camera's were just too big and most were very expensive.

Your comment of "loud jet boats", try ear plugs if you want quiet!!!! Your area lots of small rivers, no jet boats there....

Have a good day....everyone!!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"