Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
Jb,

No we cancelled everything planned including a coho fishing trip and a bird hunting trip because we heed dire warnings when they come. I had the state's flooding warning system go off twice, once on the cell, once on the laptop. I also had KC letting us know of the flooding dangers as well as the mudslides, downed trees, and power line warning that may occur. So, like little idyocrocoides we ran home chopped fire wood, layed out power cables, got the backup generators ready to rock, and put the dogs inside, cuz it was possibly the worst ever storm a coming, again.

Six lousy leaves fell, the owl decoy still sits on the deck railing, and the creek didn''t rise. They did get everyone out buying groceries and the gas lines were jammed up last nite, but the wild weather as predicted up until 10:00 pm last night quietly slid on by. At 10:30 pm noaa backed off and moved the disaster warnings to Saturday, leaving last night's predictions nothing more than a fart in a spacesuit...

Being only half stupid, we will be leaving all our Friday night preparations in place through Sunday morning...
Saturday my friend----after Saturday we will see if were in the clear------