Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Misguided:

This has been MY worse year in the Chehalis, for legal adults. My years of fishing the Chehalis goes back, just about 50 years. Did I catch adults, yes I did, but until last Wednesday, 10/12/16, they were released fish.

I spent too much time fishing jacks, adult fish were "staged" above me. What was different this year, not many adults were caught where a lot of jack fishermen were fishing. Past years, there have always been adults caught while fishing jacks.

I fished the Chehalis, just about EVERYDAY, many know the area that I fish. For some reason, this year was like no year that I can remember, where past years would have "rolling and showing fish", this year just not many.

For me, spinners, plugs, twitching, just didn't seem to work. Eggs worked great for jacks, this year the jacks were good size. The river level affected my fishing, spoon fishing. Once we got some water, hooking fish increased......but still only one legal Coho.

Old ways, old places wasn't where it was happening....I just need to adapt, quicker and learn to fish with "the mass of boats"

Water is WAY UP, soon as it drops to a fishable level....I'll be there!!!!

I agree that every year is different and we must adapt to conditions or go crazy trying to do the same things & expecting different results.

I have probably seen you on the river a number of times up river (Keys Rd launche) but I mainly troll in the early seasons down by the mouth of the Nooche to Friends Landing.
Good luck when the water starts to recede.

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!