Another year, another great Snoopy Rod Classic.

Mother Nature decided to throw us yet another curve ball and dump some serious rain in the area the day before the SRC. Instead of seeing what was going on in the chocolate Milk River (Bogachiel), Bob, Delbert, and I decided to go see what was in the little river close to town. The water height was good and the viz was optimal. Good water conditions usually means good fishing. Several chrome bright wild coho were caught and release as well as Delbert doing some SRC Practice and landing a nice brat down at the ponds.

I was introduced to a new term that I'd never heard of: Hatchery Hole Hero. It helps if you start singing along to "Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner...and now Hatchery Hole Hero will be forever stuck in your head. You're welcome. I pulled a Hatchery Hole Hero and landed a super nice, flawless, wild hen around 10 pounds. She fought hard and would have spooled me on a snoop rod. A quick pick and she went on her way to make some more steelhead babies.

Here's where the little river meets the big river. Any guesses as to why we did not fish on the big river for this years SRC?

6 teams made it out to the SRC this year with a couple of no-shows to be had. Of the 6 teams, 4 made it out to the river, one went Tribal, and one never made it out of bed.

With the rivers blown, a last second decision was made to host the SRC on the Sol Duc and shoot for the largest and ugliest hatchery coho. Knowing full well the upper Duc was chalked full of BOOTS, we knew it was going to be a fun day of getting your ass handed to you by a boot coho on a snoopy rod. We were not disappointed.

This is how the evening ended (almost) for some on Thursday......Please don't sue us Deadliest Catch! We love your show and apparently so does Suck-It. I mean, like a lot. Just ask his wife. All in good fun...unless you're Suck-It.

This is how the morning texts started on my phone....ugh.....

Many boots were hauled in, including this Booty-Boot of a coho. One of many, many, and more many.

And no, this fish will NOT smoke up fine....ever.........

Sometimes, you just had to get out of the boat to either not get spooled, or just wanted a change in scenery. A long the way, it wasn't too hard to twitch up a fish. This was about as chrome as they got.....

Most of the boats just put in at the hatchery and took out at the hatchery. Us along with team Suck it floated down to Maxfield. While we were mostly shooting at each other with our potatoe guns, at some point it just got too wet, and the guns stopped firing long enough for me to take a photo.

The Weigh was more like the Carnage. Biggest fish went to Pete from team Suck-it with a gross 16+ pound ugly ass boot. The average team weight price went to....ugh...Team Suck it. They topped Team Two Guides and a Paker by a mere 12 ounces! Each team hauled in over 71 pounds of nasty boot-asstiness boot coho.

No one volunteered to pick any of these fish up, so here's the 2016 SRC Glory Shot!

Just remember kids: ALL HATCHERY FISH MUST DIE

We had an "Ugliest Fish Award", but it was mutually agreed upon that ALL of these fish were ugly.

We all broke away after the weigh-in and convened at Blakeslee Bar at the of town for some good eats, drinks, and multipe HiDef TV's that were covering the PAC-12 Championship game.

Let's just get this out of the way right now..........

University of Washington Huskies are your 2016 PAC-12 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! Go Dawgs.

A raffle was held at half time and at the of the night, over $1500 was raised for the Gracey Family! Again, many many many thanks to all the vendors, businesses, people, and groups who contributed to the SRC this year. We couldn't have done it without you!

The 2016 Snoopy Rod Classic Winning Team: Team Suck it.