The SRC is always the first Friday in December. The SRC Committee only emails the rules to participants.

Basically, there are two ways to get in to the SRC: 1) Ask myself, CanyonMan, or Bob for an invite. 2) Find yourself on a team spot and that automatically get's you in the SRC for future events.

It's not a free-for all and it really does help if the person asking for an invite knows, or has met any of us. The Committee needs someone to vouche for a person/crew.

We would like to see more newcomers to the 2017 SRC. If any of you have a drift boat/raft and would like to get a team together for next year, get in touch with us. Just remember that team captains are responsible for the actions and whatnots of their crew.

The SRC is a fun event that tries to raise a little money for Gordon. We are in it for the coveted Green Jacket (biggest fish) and the SRC Trophy (Team Award).

Can't believe Team Suck It won it all this year. Team Sky Valley still sucks, by the way.

While the rules state that qualifying rods must be of the 3-eye, one piece cartoon character "snoopy rod", I don't see why the committee would deny that fine piece of fishing technology! Hell, I'd fish it! smile We do restrict lines to 10lb test mono and braid is not allowed.