According to what I have heard, the statute of limitations has run out on the abuse case in Oregon. There is a push to have child sexual abuse, and maybe rape, added to murder as crimes where the SOL does not run out.

What perturbs the most, it seems, is that the records vanished and it took a lot of pushing to get them brought to light. This seems to be a uncomfortable, but common, action but government now. I know WDFW was throwing out old files and reports when someone retired. Some folks went dumpster diving to rescue some and get them digitized. Working with Thurston County there seems a lot of old paper stuff that just can't be found.

This switch to digital has not only made it easier to hit the delete button but added the cost of digitizing to cash and vision strapped agencies.

Also, the prosecutor's office in OR felt that, while a crime had been committed, that they would not be able to get a conviction. As has been abundantly noted, the victim is a bit "off" and would probably not have made a good witness. I think it was because most involved believed the charges true that the order to not be a Foster Parent any more came down. Why that order vanished down a rat hole needs investigation.

Edited by Carcassman (07/20/17 11:23 AM)