News is we are only at 48% of Quota, and there is only 5 days left in the season, without the possibility of extension.

I and a couple others argued that it should have opened with two fish based on last years catch rate & creel numbers, against a larger quota this year. Those voices in the charter industry wanted it left at 1 fish to ensure the seasons would go to the 15th so they could continue to book trips. I get it and support longer seasons, but MA 10 typically turns on later than North MA9, (it really got good in the last week) and now we will probably leave a lot of fish on the table. Elliot Bay fish do NOT count against MA10 Quota, and we will have a lot of anglers participating there over the weekend, so those fish will lessen impact on the quota.

I hate leaving a lot of fish and opportunity on the table when we have a short season and zero flexibility in the LOAF to adjust beyond 2 fish or extend the seasons.