Not really a recipe, but I've always found it much easier to cook in camp with some prep and planning at home (tips below). Saves on time, dishes and camp fuel.

Make everything at home if you can (stews, soups, pasta). Pre-freeze your soups and stews and use em' as "ice" in your cooler.

Crack eggs into a plastic bottle, add a little milk for quick omelettes. Just shake and pour

Premix pancake batter in a bottle (same as above)

Premix 1/2 flour 1/2 cornmeal (or panko) in a gallon plastic bag; add salt and lemon pepper to taste (or whatever spices you like). Drop in a fresh trout, zip up the bag, coat / cover and then it fry up in a skillet. Works for at least a dozen eater trout and keeps all weekend. No mess.

1/2 cook whole potatoes in the microwave

1/2 cook bacon;1/2 cook brats (boil in beer etc); 1/2 cook chicken breasts

Pre-slice veggies

Pre-marinate meat. Pre make kebabs / skewers

Pre-make individually wrapped meals in foil. Burger patty, onion, potatoes, mushrooms, salt / pepper, oil etc. Or whatever (chx breast). Just toss on the grill on in some hot coals.

Vac pack pre-portioned granola, trail mix, nuts etc. for easy grab and go. A bag of Baby-Bell mini cheeses is a very good thing.

I do make a Stromboli style loaf of mixed meats, cheese and veggies at home. It ends up weighing like 5 pounds. It's easy to slice off a quick hunk for a quick lunch sandwich. I also make Kraut burgers which are also called Runza's or "cabbage biscuits" and are kinda similar to the Stromboli (Toff can eat his fightin' weight in those). I'll post those recipes later....

Edited by NickD90 (10/02/17 12:22 PM)