Quote:
Seems bizzare to me that this conversation has drifted off into the virtues of C&R and have ignored the most obvious culprit. One strategically placed net at the right time can decimate a push of fish.

Ah I would urge you to ask for the preseason forecast model for the stream you think that is the case on. It has a RR tab ( run reconstruction ) and will list the harvest impacts by user. What they are differs from stream to stream but seldom are what one would think and not having the N Coast one I will not venture a guess. I do however have the Chehalis Basin and it breaks like this for 2015 - 16 which is the last year I have.

QIN W 2164 H 4179 = 6430

NT share ( Chehalis tribal is part of NT share )
Che W 476 H 743 = 1219
Sport 9142 ( only 142 W with C&R )
Total 10361

As you see the NT share outpaces the QIN then you must add the Summerrun Steelies in ( I do not have that number ) and the in balance gets much much worse. Also it is the aggravate of the Hump and Chehalis that the QIN have to work to and the imbalance gets worse again. I am not a fan of nets but frankly the QIN do not have the greatest impact on harvest as a total, NOR's yes. Which brings the thing back around to why C&R was being discussed. I guess this is rude time. If you think any tribe accepts the C&R % that WDF&W uses you would be wrong. If you think C&R rates used by WDF&W are correct one should buy better drugs, weed is legal you know.

So the fish suffer because we ( I am part of we ) refuse to accept that you cannot have the hordes of urban based folks pouring into the rural areas for the outdoor experience and have the fish not suffer. Yup the tribes fishing methods are problematic but they pale hugely when compared to the NT side of things with anything that has selective fishing in the mix be it Commercial or Rec.