Originally Posted By: _WW_
Sportfisherman haven't been able to galvanize too well around much, so I'm not sure why I think this would be different. We've been taking a slow-motion beatdown for ages. We might just peter out with a whimper.

True dat!

We have over 5000 sportsmen who have galvanized around the lack of transparency issue, and probably a hell of a lot more who are following the issue. It's not having sportsmen come together and support something that's the problem. WHAT'S THE PROBLEM IS MOST WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO DO ALL THE WORK TO FIX THE PROBLEMS!!

Example: How many sport fishermen live in S.W. Washington, say within an hours drive of Ridgefield? How many showed up to speak at the Commission meeting?

How many have actually sent emails? How many have contacted their state representatives?

It's not about "galvanizing" around an issue. It's apathy and laziness. It's an attitude that "somebody ought to do something", AND THEN NEVER BECOMING "THAT SOMEBODY",that has us in the mess we are in.

We sports fishermen have given away our voice and our power by in-action. Just like the Commission will give away it's authority if they do not fire Unsworth.

For every guy that bitches here on the internet, and does NOTHING else, we grow weaker!

For every fishermen who says "Nothing will change". We are assured, nothing will change.

And for every person who bought a license and then leaves all the heavy lifting to everyone else, shame on you! You are part of the problem!

We are at a critical point in our fisheries. We have a petition in front of the Commission asking them to convert the NOF policy into a WAC. Never in a long time have we been this close to having a real voice in our fishery management. There should be a laser focus right now by every single sport fisher on getting the Commission to move forward on the conversion. WE NEED TO HAVE THEM VOTE "YES" TO CONVERT THAT NOF POLICY TO A WAC. THEY NEED TO HEAR FROM EVERY SINGLE LICENSE HOLDER. THEY NEED TO KNOW WE ARE UNITED, STRONG AND WILLING TO DO THE HEAVY LIFTING TOGETHER!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)