Originally Posted By: Jake Dogfish
Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
So I take it you're a-OK with fishing policy being developed in secret, with no forum for input by the public?

Obviously I think they should be public, but that’s not up to me.
I don’t see what that has to do with telling the attorney general what a loser he is.
You guys keep up this cowboy vs Indians game and ignore that we split half our fish with another entity that gets a free pass.

If I may. What we (Washington Citizen Sportsmen) have been fighting for is fair, open and equitable fish management. That the management of our resources should not be done in closed door meetings, with select participation. We have NEVER advocated for, and NEVER will advocate for an Us vs Them situation. We have always stated, WE can accomplish a great deal of good by woking together. And the current place of our fisheries DEMANDS cooperation. What we are wanting is to have EVERYTHING out in the open, no matter WHO is involved. It just so happens that at this moment, our tribal co-managers are the ones blocking transparency. As we said, it doesn't mater who it is blocking, it is wrong and is damaging to the resources and to true trust and cooperation.

I think what the letter about the AAG'S are about, is that they have crossed the line as legal advisor's and have actually pubically come out with a position on confidentiality, in fact SUPPORTING it in as a means to allow "people to express themselves". We agree, the AG's office in all probability is going to have to step in to help resolve this loggerhead we find ourselves in. The Citizen's of the State demand Open and fair government, the Tribes say NO! It will eventually need to go in front of a judge. However, we don't feel really comfortable with a guy pleading our side of the case, who has already publicly said he see's an need for secrets in our fisheries.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)