Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
I’m still hanging with Nick on this correction

Please don't! I'm not qualified to give official financial advice. I know a little bit - sure, but you should be talking to an expert not listening to some jack arse on a message board. I mostly just trade for a bit of fun and the rush every now and again. Not all that often really and I get in and out VERY quickly. I let my modest bankroll sit at my broker.

I do look at the big triggers (market or societal) and that's when I'll make some calls. Things like Yellen leaving the fed, mixed with oil going up, a good jobs report and a strong overall economy. An adjustment has been needed for some time, so last week I made a small move to short a couple of E contracts. Made just under $2.5K for about fifteen minutes of work between Friday and today. I'm not big time at all and I NEVER touch my bankroll. The truck gets bought via the day job.

Like clockwork, certain stocks move when societal things happen (usually bad things). Whenever there is a mass shooting, I'll buy some gun stocks for a month or two and then dump. A big hurricane effects the gulf, short some oil or buy some blue chips like Cat. Kinda macabre, but it can be decently lucrative. I've had my bad days too cause it really is all speculation. Win some, lose some.