The tipping point has been reached a long time ago. Mismanagement through greed, malpractice and ignorance have produced the miserable conditions we are now faced with. Couple this with Mother nature giving us a slap to the side of the head with unfavorable ocean conditions and we have now gone over the edge of the cliff.

The only thing that could possibly throw the fish a life line is a complete and radical change in the Fisheries that are impacting them and, of course all the talking in the world will not produce that so long as we continue to have GREED, MALPRACTICE AND IGNORANCE set the management of our fish.

Does anyone here really believe that any of the three groups, NI Commercials, Tribal Commercials or Recreation will make a dramatic change without the other two doing the same?

As long as there is money to be made selling fish, the fish will be decimated.

I'll bet that there is a high number of Commercial (both NI and Tribal) fishermen who do not live on fishing alone. Most have other sources of income and fishing only supplements it.

And I'll also bet that there is a high percentage of Tribal fisheries that take place, not because they live by the income, but they net because "THEY CAN. They fought for the right to fish, so they are somewhat obligated to.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)