Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1004386 - 02/25/19 04:19 PM AR 556 MPR
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

picked up this Ruger AR 556 MPR, which is the upgraded version of the AR556..

scope next, not sure what i want this time tho, i can either go with another SWFA, but im also thinking about say a Nikon BDC .223 scope, but they are a 4-12 and i would rather have a 4-16 or 6-24x...

the plan eventually, is to either buy or build a upper, in either 6.5 Grendel, or .224 Valkarie, which i have heard is good for upwards of 1300 yards...

well see...

#1004404 - 02/26/19 06:36 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Nice choice. Assuming that's a 16" barrel, you may not get the full performance out of a .224 Val. 20 - 22" barrels are pretty standard on .224 Vals. 1,300 yards is at high elevation. 1,000 yards is more realistic at sea level.

A .221 Fireball upper would also be fun (albeit expensive to shoot). Whisper quiet, no recoil and 4,000 fps standard (I've heard you can push 4,500 fps). Not a super long range shooter per se, but if your staying inside of 500 yards, it would split a frog's hair in two.

Have fun.

#1004419 - 02/26/19 12:36 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

that is a 18 inch 5.56 barrel, im going to keep that the way it is, and get another upper...

i do want a 20 inch minimum barrel but i have found 2 complete uppers in .224 that both have ultra match barrels, but they are 18 inches... they say the worst groups shot out of them are .59 and the best is .40 at 100 yards...

and they are only 189 and 199...

might grab one just because thats pretty cheap, and if they guarantee that accuracy, for 200 bucks thats hard to beat on price...

there are a couple things i dont honestly care for right off the bat with this rifle... 1, while the trigger is very nice, its a 2 stage, which to me is odd on an AR, but if being used for precision and long range, it will work excellent...

second, while it is a MagPul stock, its got that typical AR rigid feeling on my face, its not really an issue, but i would honestly rather have an adjustable one with cheek riser ect... a company called LUTH-AR makes one for about 150 bucks that looks nice...

i will probably just go with the same SWFA tactical rings i used on my 700.. and Midway has a Athlon Optics ARGOS BTR 6-24x50 FFP scope for 800... same scope is on Amazon for 370... i likely will be going with that one, all of the reviews on a few places say they are on par with Vortex or the Bushnell Elite scopes which are alot more expensive....

#1004447 - 02/26/19 11:02 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Evo
that is a 18 inch 5.56 barrel, im going to keep that the way it is, and get another upper...

i do want a 20 inch minimum barrel but i have found 2 complete uppers in .224 that both have ultra match barrels, but they are 18 inches... they say the worst groups shot out of them are .59 and the best is .40 at 100 yards...

and they are only 189 and 199...

might grab one just because thats pretty cheap, and if they guarantee that accuracy, for 200 bucks thats hard to beat on price...

there are a couple things i dont honestly care for right off the bat with this rifle... 1, while the trigger is very nice, its a 2 stage, which to me is odd on an AR, but if being used for precision and long range, it will work excellent...

second, while it is a MagPul stock, its got that typical AR rigid feeling on my face, its not really an issue, but i would honestly rather have an adjustable one with cheek riser ect... a company called LUTH-AR makes one for about 150 bucks that looks nice...

i will probably just go with the same SWFA tactical rings i used on my 700.. and Midway has a Athlon Optics ARGOS BTR 6-24x50 FFP scope for 800... same scope is on Amazon for 370... i likely will be going with that one, all of the reviews on a few places say they are on par with Vortex or the Bushnell Elite scopes which are alot more expensive....

They must be crap at that price.
A decent barrel is going to cost more than that.

Magpul PRS > Luth AR

Nice AR
Buy your mags before they go to 10 round max.
Pmags, Okay Sure Feed and Lancer are the good ones and they are cheap right now.

#1004449 - 02/27/19 05:38 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

They are normally 500+, but are on "sale"...

I'll have to do some research first for sure....
https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Davids...led_p_9142.html

They look nice, but looks on the internet can be deceiving....

#1004464 - 02/27/19 10:37 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

They are normally 500+, but are on "sale"...

I'll have to do some research first for sure....
https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Davids...led_p_9142.html

They look nice, but looks on the internet can be deceiving....

I don't know if I would trust them.
Funky business name is sometimes the first clue and that box is checked.

Even PSA, who is kind of middle of the road gets $350.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-r...utm_campaign=cl

#1004467 - 02/27/19 11:07 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

looks like you are correct DD... some people think the parts are made in China...

ill be staying away for sure...

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1308604

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/long-guns/427314-davidson-defense-upper-not-so-good.html

there are a couple positive reviews, but there are too many negatives around for me to be willing to try them....

maybe ill start with PSA and go from there... i can always order just a barrel and get exactly what i want, and use the hardware off the PSA to finish it...

#1004682 - 03/01/19 04:57 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

so i picked up a new scope today from another member, its an Atibal NOMAD 3-12X44, dual illuminated, V-plex BDC...

very crisp glass, i like it as much as my SWFA...

next i want to get the charging handle, mine is small, and the one on his .450 was big and very sturdy feeling... mine is actually semi difficult now to grab unless i do it from the left side due to the scope... easy fix tho... its not that difficult i just want it bigger...

id like to get a small chunk of rail and put a bipod on it as well...

the grip i may switch out to a Hogue, or something with a palm shelf, havent decided yet, i will shoot this as is first... maybe tomorrow...

i can deal with the butt for now, id like to get the Magpul PRS like you suggested DD, looks clean and solid...

anyways, here it is now... (i did move the front and rear rings forward after noticing how far back they were in the picture, looked funky..) THANKS SCOTT!!!

#1004691 - 03/01/19 08:25 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Like.

The Gunfighter Mod 4 (medium, non-ambi)) is probably the most popular charging handle upgrade.
(about $50)

Radian is getting popular as well.
My QC-10 AR9 came with a Radian (the lite is about $52)

#1004705 - 03/02/19 03:51 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

well the MPR is a lazer beam... and it loves NATO rounds for some reason... was using the Aguila 5.56 62 grain FMJ BT, some of the "cheaper" ammo at Sportsmans... luckily first shot was actually on the paper, it was high and a tad left, so i cranked down and over, and surprisingly, i was in the red...

couple more tweaks and it shot pretty well....

this was 8 rounds if i remember right... i was trying to push it to 10 but they called a cold range before i could finish...

what it didnt like, was the Atomic Law Enforcement Match .223 ammo with the 77 grain tipped SMK bullet... i shot 5 rounds of that and it was about a 3 inch group, so now i have 15 rounds of cool looking .223 ammo that shoots like sh!t... it can go with the 15 rounds of 200 grain ELD-X ammo i have for the .300 WM that shoots like sh!t...

after dialing in the MPR, i started shooting the 700... ive come to the conclusion that im putting a brake on it.... and a stock, id like a chassis system, well see, brake first.... theres a company called Area 419, they are on FB and have a website... the last 5 i think it was national champions at the PRS matches use Area 419 brakes... tad spendy, but you get what you pay for....

overall im impressed with the MPR, the stock didnt bug me as much as i thought it would, i do want to get the charging handle tho... and the trigger... im actually impressed, and liked it alot... could be a little lighter, but its ok for now...

overall im 100 percent happy with both the rifle and the scope... might try some 55 grainers in it to see what they do, but the 62s work great... i also bought some Mag Tech 62 5.56 ammo but didnt run them today, was having too much fun with the Aguila....

#1004706 - 03/02/19 04:38 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

#1005325 - 03/11/19 05:22 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i was googling info regarding the "sportsmans range" (range 15) on JBLM, and came across a place i actually have never heard of (same thing when i bought the MPR, i bought it at Brads in Lake Tapps, never knew they were there), the place is Surplus Arms and Ammo in Tacoma...

so i took the drive out there to get a charging handle...

AWESOME little store.. they have everything, suppressors, rifles, hand guns, uppers, lowers, BCG's, trigger groups, ammo ect...

i looked at the BCM and Radian, which were both about 55 bucks, then i saw this cool red one that had a large latch on the left side... it was like 35... almost bought it until i found out it was made in Taiwan...

i ended up getting their "house brand" for 40 bucks, lifetime warranty if it breaks, they replace it... its an ambi handle which i like as well, and alot bigger than the standard Ruger handle... i could have just gotten a latch for like 10 bucks, but i like this ambi handle, it works flawlessly and feels nice and solid...

oh and that place has TONS of Black Hills ammo, its 30-40 bucks for 50 rounds of .223, but my Bushmaster loved the stuff, so im thinking this will too...

we went all over hell and back this weekend to try to shoot, main place i go had 2 feet of snow still on the road (outside Eatonville), so i decided to turn around and go further down the main road, ended up at the Alder cuttoff, so said screw it we will go to Elbe... got there, noticed that Ashford was 7 miles away... said screw it lets go... ended up at the main gate for Mt. Rainer and snow chains were required... so we turned back around and ended up going into the Mt Tahoma area where there is a ski park, drove all the way up into about 6-8 feet of snow rofl

didnt get to shoot, but i found a ton of areas you can shoot, after the snow melts....

#1005334 - 03/11/19 06:52 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

the place is Surplus Arms and Ammo in Tacoma...

so i took the drive out there to get a charging handle...

AWESOME little store.. they have everything, suppressors, rifles, hand guns, uppers, lowers, BCG's, trigger groups, ammo ect...

So yer like a fetus when it comes to AR stuff and AR stores, eh ?

smile

#1005335 - 03/11/19 07:16 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

in a way, yes, but no...

i had a Bushmaster XM E2S 15 or so years ago... i bought it from a guy i worked with, it was from the mayor of Portland at the time... paid 580 for it, cleaned it once, shot 4K+ rounds out of it, and sold it for 580, which i then used to buy a Ruger M77 MK II stainless .338 Win Mag...

that was a mistake... rofl

before, and since then, i was always kinda an AK guy even tho i dont think super highly of them... (the Siaga AK100 rifles are a different story, as well as Vepr and Drags and whatnot)...

ive owned alot, SKS's AK's AKM's AMD-65s, MAK-90s, you know, the various variants...

cool guns, but they are literally only for mowing people down... they are reliable and function, but the accuracy is bullsh!t... that and the X39 round is junk IMO...

i like accuracy, and my Bushmaster was extremely accurate, with Black Hills... i want precision, not volume... always been that way...

im not unfamiliar with them, i can take the thing apart just as fast as i always have been, clean them right, ect... i just never had the money after selling the BM, they jumped in price and went through the roof... AK's did too, but they were 600 bucks cheaper to get one, and you could go spray 100 bucks worth of ammo out and beat yourself up on a weekend and it was fun... and cheap...

but in a way, im semi unfamiliar with what i can do with them... brands, ect... they were just too expensive for me to justify spending that kind of money, when i could have just got a bolt gun and out shot the things accuracy wise each and every time...

kinda grown a bit i guess, and i appreciate them alot more, but im still the same in a way... i wanted an AR 10, so i could do a 6.5 rifle and have the .308 as well, but i was told the DPMS Bull 24 rifles arent that accurate, so i want with the Ruger cuz of the Valkyrie and the Grendel options... i didnt want to spend 2500+ dollars on doing it and i didnt want to spend 1500 on the rifle right now... so i opted for the MPR which i got for 742 out the door...

so with buying the scope and gun, im at 942...

got 3 Pmag gen 2 mags, i paid 13 a piece for, and at Surplus i just got a AMEND 2 MOD 2 30 rounder for under 10 bucks... things are built like a tank, they had one in the store they drove over with a truck, and it still functions flawlessly, so i figured what the hell...

so no, not a fetus... more like a pre teen with ADD....

#1005337 - 03/11/19 08:28 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Nate, I hear there is a 1k yard range in the Ravensdale Area. I've never been there but have heard good things about it.

- Albert Einstein.

#1005339 - 03/11/19 09:18 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Thanks.

- Albert Einstein.

#1005346 - 03/12/19 03:51 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

in a way, yes, but no...

i had a Bushmaster XM E2S 15 or so years ago... i bought it from a guy i worked with, it was from the mayor of Portland at the time... paid 580 for it, cleaned it once, shot 4K+ rounds out of it, and sold it for 580, which i then used to buy a Ruger M77 MK II stainless .338 Win Mag...

that was a mistake... rofl

before, and since then, i was always kinda an AK guy even tho i dont think super highly of them... (the Siaga AK100 rifles are a different story, as well as Vepr and Drags and whatnot)...

ive owned alot, SKS's AK's AKM's AMD-65s, MAK-90s, you know, the various variants...

cool guns, but they are literally only for mowing people down... they are reliable and function, but the accuracy is bullsh!t... that and the X39 round is junk IMO...

i like accuracy, and my Bushmaster was extremely accurate, with Black Hills... i want precision, not volume... always been that way...

im not unfamiliar with them, i can take the thing apart just as fast as i always have been, clean them right, ect... i just never had the money after selling the BM, they jumped in price and went through the roof... AK's did too, but they were 600 bucks cheaper to get one, and you could go spray 100 bucks worth of ammo out and beat yourself up on a weekend and it was fun... and cheap...

but in a way, im semi unfamiliar with what i can do with them... brands, ect... they were just too expensive for me to justify spending that kind of money, when i could have just got a bolt gun and out shot the things accuracy wise each and every time...

kinda grown a bit i guess, and i appreciate them alot more, but im still the same in a way... i wanted an AR 10, so i could do a 6.5 rifle and have the .308 as well, but i was told the DPMS Bull 24 rifles arent that accurate, so i want with the Ruger cuz of the Valkyrie and the Grendel options... i didnt want to spend 2500+ dollars on doing it and i didnt want to spend 1500 on the rifle right now... so i opted for the MPR which i got for 742 out the door...

so with buying the scope and gun, im at 942...

got 3 Pmag gen 2 mags, i paid 13 a piece for, and at Surplus i just got a AMEND 2 MOD 2 30 rounder for under 10 bucks... things are built like a tank, they had one in the store they drove over with a truck, and it still functions flawlessly, so i figured what the hell...

so no, not a fetus... more like a pre teen with ADD....

Pmag Gen 2 will go on sale for $9
So for a polymer mag, I don't stray from Pmag

The best metal mags come from a plant in Hartford, CT
They can say either NHMTG, Colt or Okay on the base plate.
Lately Okay Sure Feed mags are the easiest to find.
Under $10 on sale.
Don't forget to get a few 20rd mags for bench shooting.

#1005633 - 03/17/19 05:26 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

so i went to Range 15 on JBLM today to run more rounds through the MPR and 10/22...

first off, that range, is the best one ive been to yet, they have targets from 25-300 yards, its covered, laid back atmosphere, lots of Military guys around, all in all, i loved it....

now, onto the shooting...

i fired 5 rounds at 100 yards, still zeroed, so i said fvck it, im going after the 12 inch plate at 300 yards...

when i first got there, the RSO, i asked if they were the 300 yard targets, which he replied yes... i said OK im gonna take some shots, he asked what i was shooting, i said 5.56 ammo, Ruger MPR AR, which he kinda chuckled, and said "good luck, they arent that easy to hit"...

the scope i bought, i think is more designed for the .308 bullet drop, not sure, but i figured it out...

first shot i missed but i saw where it hit, second i missed, but i saw where that hit.... 3rd through 150 rounds i think i missed it 2 more times.... the RSO started asking me questions rofl

he was surprised i wasnt "military" as alot of the guys shooting at those targets couldnt hit sh!t, and i could see their impacts in the dirt, and there were quite a few military guys there, along with people that "think" they are military with their 400 pound AR's with a bunch of sh!t on them...

had a few guys come up and ask me what i was shooting, i told them, and every one of them said "thats you with all the ringing noise i take it", some of them seemed kinda flustered that they couldnt do it, so i politely gave them some tips on how and what i was doing, so they could try to replicate it... some of them actually started doing well rather quickly, and you could tell their "happiness" grew as the time went along...

everyone was respectful, listened for the most part, didnt see any stupid things going on that i have seen at other ranges... place was clean, benches kinda sucked, i had to sit on my foot get get high enough to be comfortable, oh well, it worked...

this is probably one of, if not, the most accurate rifle ive ever bought out of the box... completely satisfied, and get more impressed with it every time i pull the trigger... shot 62 grain FMJ BT rounds, and 55 grain FMJ BT rounds, brands were Aguila(62) and Winchester (55)... the 55s were obviously a little faster, but shot about the same at 300, rifle ate them all, and loved it....

so, started to mess with the 10/22.....

started at 100 since the target was at 100 already, i think the thing was sighted in at 50 i cant remember, but with the CCI mini mags, i was low about 10 inches or around there, made some adjustments, and got it close... one thing for certain, is that as we had talked about on my 22 thread, when the bullets drop through that super sonic barrier, they get wonky... so i got it semi dialed at 100, and said screw it lets try 300...

i could see the vapor trail at 100 and the bullet arc ect... at 300 you can see it for a bit, but then lose sight of it... what i could see was the bullet impacts since that is a 16X scope and the AR scope is a 12X max power which i could still see the impacts on the steel with...

hit the target a couple times with the .22, but by all means, didnt do it alot, it was fun trying...

for a second...

loaded the mag, sat down, got ready, and fired...

a bunch of sh!t hit me in the face, and the magazine flew out of the bottom of it and to the left of me, at that point i knew something had happened....

ive shot well over 100K .22 LR rounds in my life, and i have NEVER had this happen, the RSO had never seen this happen either.... im sure it has to some people, but definitely not me...

looked into the chamber, and there was a case still in the breech, took a rod, and popped it out....

and this is what happened....

ive actually never in my life had a case rupture, in any caliber... kinda freaky, even if it was just a .22... it actually had me spooked for a second when i went back to shooting the MPR because ive seen people put 5.56 in rifles chambered for .223, and they blow the magazines apart and whatnot, sometimes the guns blow up themselves...

i think i will contact CCI and see what they say about it... i still have the case, dont have the box so i dont have the lot number but you can clearly tell what brand it is....

end all, gun is lights out, fantastic, i love it, and cant wait to get a .224 Valkyrie upper, maybe in a week or so.... im going to go with the same brand scope, but just the 4-16 or 6-24X version... it performed flawlessly when i figured out what needed to be done...

the only downside to Range 15, is that no magnum centerfire rifles are allowed... period... meaning no .300 Win Mag, or 7MM ect... at all...

besides that, its a great range, and will be going back friday afternoon or Saturday to run 300 again....

#1005658 - 03/18/19 11:09 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

yes wasnt bad at all except for the little mishap... really cool place, im glad i stuck with the plan and figured it out... i was told by multiple people that it was military only, no civilians, but everyone at the range said that was wrong....

let me know when you plan on going out, id like to stretch the reach a little further, if its alright of course....

#1005755 - 03/20/19 03:57 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

got the Hogue grip today from Quantico, they were the only place i could find it at around here... feels great... should have paid attention tho...

they have the Hogue grip that i bought for 26 bucks, and the butt as well, which is basically just like the MagPul i have, but coated on top with rubber...

butt was 55 bucks, butt and grip was 55 bucks smh...

oh well...

also looked at triggers, but im not trying to spend 300 bucks on a Geissele trigger... and i likely would only lose about a pound, maybe a pound and a half... ill continue shooting this as is and get everything broken in and then see what i want to do...

not sure if im going to buy an upper, or just buy another rifle... the Stag 15 and Savage MSR 15 are both around 1k, but i can tell 100 percent i wont be a fan of the MSR butt, the Stag uses the MagPul PRS stock on it already.... i could always get a PSA upper, then an Aero lower, i can get the lowers for like 250 and the upper for 400 ish...

at some point i would like to get either the Remingon PCR, the Ruger RPR, or a Savage BA Stealth in 6.5 Creed... ill have to decide what i want to do first obviously..

#1005822 - 03/23/19 07:13 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

yesterday was fun.. and interesting...

there was only like 6 or 7 of us there, couple guys at a couple lanes, and 1 fully dressed guy at the far end...

one guy had a belt fed upper, wasnt working right either.. he paid 4k dollars for just the upper... was cool but hey, if it dont work right..................

he then came down by me (im liking the far left rifle slot, puts me in line with the 300 yard plate), and i saw that he had a Canik Elite... i knew right off the bat what it was because a pawn shop here sells new guns, and they want 700 dollars for it... they are made by Century Arms which im not a huge fan of, mainly because their AK's suck accuracy wise, but then again, all of them do unless you get into the Vepr and Drag rifles, PSL ect....

he asked if i wanted to shoot it, sure... pretty nice actually, i was impressed... nice sights, trigger gotta get used to but not bad overall...

he ended up giving me around 100-120 rounds of 9mm ammo ( i dont own a 9mm, yet), but i think it might be personal reloads, everything looks the same, except the case stamps... he did also give away to another guy about 100 rounds of the Remington Bucket range rounds...

that guy, ( the one he gave the rounds to), was really cool, so was his buddy... he, looked like a crab, my brother is 6'2 ish 250 pounds and has arms the size of your leg.. this dude was 1 inch shorter than me, and had bigger arms rofl

very informative guy and was really nice.. he had a FN Special Police Rifle in .308 that was pretty sick, had a Nightforce 6-24 on it, slick setup for sure... he also had 2 other AR's one that had a sup on it in .300 BLK that was cool for sure... suppressor was 1600 dollars by itself tho so im good (surefire suppressor)... very very good accuracy for what he was shooting... he also had a PSA AR, with a Primary Arms 6X tac scope, said he wanted to build a sub MOA rifle for under a grand, which he did...

i was thinking all the night before i should have brought my pistol, but i didnt... oh well...

he then came down next to me to shoot his pistols, on both sides he was running is chronograph, the thing was COOL... not your standard chrono, it was a radar chrono, which i guess is a lot better....

the older RSO also brought out his Glock 21C... ive shot 20's and 21's but never the comp models... WOW, i want one, and im going to get one...

went back to shooting the AR, and his buddy came down with a brand new MagPul 30 rounder, asked me to run it through my rifle to see if it would feed, it wouldnt in his... bang bang bang bang bang, yeah its fine... "keep it"...

at one point, me and the body builder, were trading shots on the 300 yard target plate.. saw him shoot my plate when i was getting ready... was fun for sure...

what i didnt expect, as i have run alot of .223/5.56 rounds in my life, but never at any distance, was WIND... we had a gust that came through that was probably 40 MPH.. blew my case off the table, garbage can off the platform, the guys chronograph went flying, was crazy...

i missed a few more than i wanted, but rifle shot great again... i was only missing by a tad so im not super upset, it was like a 15 MPH crosswind or in that range... managed to push it to about 370 and when the wind died down, it was hitting good at that distance as well...

i talked with him about the 6.5 Creed, said i wanted either the PCR, RPR or the Savage, he has a Savage, and says its a nice rifle, but if he were to do it again, he would do the RPR...

so im going to start looking at those at some point, but first, the .224... PSA is now out of the uppers, but they are selling full rifles for 650... probably just going to go that route...

if you havent been there, go to that range... follow the rules, as you are on base (like NO CONCEALED CARRY WHATSOEVER), and you will have nothing but fun... im not even kidding...

#1005830 - 03/24/19 07:19 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Budget trigger mods...

The trigger screw.
It tips the trigger and changes the sear geometry.
Be vewwy careful with this mod. You don't want to Darwin yourself or someone else.
You can also use a 1/4-28 x 1/4" set screw to do the same thing.
Your grip screw bore needs to be drilled and tapped all the way through.
(most are)
https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JoeBob-s-AR15-Grip-Screw-Trigger-Adjuster-p/jb-triggeradjuster.htm

The JP spring kit.
Combined with the trigger screw, this will yield a pretty decent trigger.
May not ignite crap hard cup Russian ammo.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100336...b-reduced-power

#1005847 - 03/24/19 01:50 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
Be patient, save your money, and ask for a “G” SSA trigger for a couple hun, and call it good.

Or a G2S for about $125 when they go on sale.
But Evo already said that he doesn't want to throw down for a G trigger, hence the Budget Trigger posted above.

#1005857 - 03/24/19 04:28 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

im not opposed to it per say, but i dont want to spend upwards of 300 bucks if im only going to get like 1 pound lighter... not sure how much of a difference 4.5 to 3.5 would make...

this one already has a Ruger 452 Elite trigger, not your standard mil spec trigger

https://ruger.com/micros/AR-Trigger/index.html

now when i get the Valkyrie, ill likely definitely be getting a upgraded trigger, but i will again want it around the 2 pound mark if thats doable...

so are you guys Geissele guys? ive got zero experience with them... i do have experience with Timney, and they are around the same price as well...

also, the big dude there had a flat bladed trigger, i forget the brand, he said was around 150 bucks, but how do you guys feel about flat blades for long range use? Timney makes one i have looked at for the 700 that has a red rocker switch type thing on it, i think its on the Calvin Elite, that has interested me for a while... just never "pulled it" to get one...

the last thing i want to do is buy something i wont like...

ill take a look at some Geissele triggers the next time i go to Quantico, or maybe the range next weekend...

thanks again for that scope Scott, its has been nothing but excellent using it... illumination gets washed out completely at that range, its all light brownish sand/dirt, so the sun reflects off it alot, but thats OK, its not a absolute requirement for me...

#1005858 - 03/24/19 04:30 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

yeah this is the one i was looking at for the 700... im going to buy a chassis for it at some point i think...

https://timneytriggers.com/calvin-elite-custom-remington-model-700/

#1005859 - 03/24/19 04:33 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

they do make one for the AR, looks like its a 1.5 pound pull weight... its 300 bucks tho...

https://timneytriggers.com/ar-calvin-elite-single-stage-drop-in/#description

#1005862 - 03/24/19 05:13 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

this one already has a Ruger 452 Elite trigger, not your standard mil spec trigger

That is why the trigger mod above might be worth a look.
Enhance what you already have.

Brownells just put a couple of Geiselles on sale FWIW. $135
https://gun.deals/product/geissele-rapid-fire-trigger-b-grf-17699

Not a fan of the drop-in cassettes like the Timney.
Most can't self-retain the trigger pins and require fasteners (dog bones, button heads or E/C-clips) on the outside of your receiver. They don't tell you that.

#1005865 - 03/24/19 05:51 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

screw it...

ordered the B-G2S-E... 148.47 out the door...

i suppose i could sell the Ruger trigger for a hundred or so... or, if the PSA rifle has a sh!t trigger, i can put it in that, although, like i said, i want a lighter trigger for long stuff... the Geissele says the second stage breaks at 1.2 pounds, which is exactly what im looking for....

says i should have it by next Monday...

#1005866 - 03/24/19 05:51 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

thanks DD..

#1005918 - 03/25/19 02:49 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

impressive...

shipped this morning, should be here by Friday at the latest they say....

#1005941 - 03/25/19 05:25 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Watch the Geiselle trigger install video by Bill Geiselle (20 min video).
And never let an AR hammer fall against the magwell.
"Catch" the hammer when testing the trigger.

#1005944 - 03/25/19 06:03 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

funny you said that... i kinda figured you didnt want to do that, but i was at a store ill leave un named, and was looking at the triggers, and the guy pulled a lower off with a trigger in it, and multiple times pulled the trigger and it slammed forward.... kinda cringed each time he did it, figured it was bad for it...

ill check that video out, i did watch this one, which is pretty straight forward... i just noticed in the comments tho, someone said that the trigger pin looked wobbly, and another guy responded saying he wouldnt be surprised if it broke...

another guy said he should have gotten anti walk pins...

should i order them?

#1005946 - 03/25/19 06:06 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

nevermind, i see another person said that Bill says not to use aftermarket pins, and that a little play is normal...

he said the guys lower is likely out of spec, and should be sent back...

the guy himself says that hes ran it for 9 months (as of the comment) and has had zero issues... no pins falling out ect... someone said their pins fell out at the range...

it doesnt look that difficult, but im almost tempted to just pay someone to do it... cant cost me more than 20 bucks...

hell, Quantico may do it for free like they did with my grip....

#1005968 - 03/25/19 11:53 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

1) Beware of goofball Youtube videos.
Sounds like the one you posted is one of those.

2) Anti-walk pins are to separate fools from their money

3) Do the install yourself

#1006236 - 03/29/19 05:36 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

was at the range today, trigger came when i was there rofl

all i gotta say, is you fvckers just ruined me...

WOW...

easy to install, everything functions great, the trigger is PHENOMENAL...

there is a marked difference in the break... the Ruger trigger is very nice, but this one blows it out of the water by far...

definitely going to have to get used to that break, super light, but i like that....

one thing i noticed between the 2, is the disconnect is part of the Ruger trigger, where as the Geissele is 2 parts... took me a second to figure out why i couldnt get the pin through...

everything is oiled and functioning flawless, safety works, hammer drops, everything is tits....

thanks Scott and DD for talking me into the G triggers, now im going to have to get them for everything rofl

thanks again guys, cant wait to shoot it...

#1006238 - 03/29/19 05:49 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

#1006241 - 03/29/19 06:36 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

this was the first 5 rounds of the day (i only load 5 to 1, be respectful i guess, and 2, not burn through 80 dollars worth of ammo in 15 minutes)...

i did miss twice, but i kinda rush myself sometimes, and i need to work on that... i also am not in the best position, the bench seats are low, so i have to sit on my left foot to get me in the position i want to be in sight line wise...

not sure if im pulling shots, or missing because im rushing and not letting the plate stop swinging...

regardless, this trigger will help with both of that, i know what happened with my 10/22 when i put the trigger in that, so this wont be, or shouldnt be, any different...

i think these were the 55 gr MagTech ammo, and ive actually been shooting the Aguila 62 grainers with a lot more consistency... last 15-20 rounds of the day i hit each time....

think i just need to calm down and pace myself better, AR's for me, like with AK's tend to speed things up, and shooting at distance, thats not the wisest choice....

oh, i didnt realize till after i recorded, that i was focusing on the 100 or 150 yard berm, im still figuring out the new camera, and dont want to use auto focus and have it go in and out of focus, so i did a manual job, tripod is 2 feet tall and on the ground under the bench, so its kinda tough to see the screen comfortably... ill get it better next time....

#1006275 - 03/31/19 10:20 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

went down the hill to the gun show yesterday... havent been in probably 30 years... come cool stuff, but kinda just a waste of money...

looked all over for .224 uppers, there were a few, but i think probably about 10 total...

one guy from Oklahoma, had 2, and im pretty sure they were those cheap ones i posted previously, i asked him who made them, he didnt know, but assured me they were made in the USA... it was 279 plus another 100 for the BCG...

the reason they were the cheapo's i suspect, is because i looked on the barrel for the cal mark, and it was stamped, with a stamp... like printed on the barrel in a bluing type marking... not stamped INTO the barrel like other companies... they also just felt cheap to me...

so i passed... (they were also 18 inch barrels)

found another guy that had 2, both used... 1 was a Rock River i think, he wanted like 950 for that, then there was a Rainier Arms that had a Zeiss Conquest 6-24 on it, he wanted 2k for that, and it was used... passed...

then found another guy that apparently has a shop here in Puyallup where he builds guns.... his buddy was going to rip apart any AR on the table and sell me the upper right there... the one i almost bought, was a Aero Precision upper, he will sell it to me for 450, or the entire rifle for 850.... dont know alot about them tho, i know they are decent, but havent read up on them much...

im now in a stage where i dont know if i want to get another AR for distance, im thinking the one i have will go out to 6-700, maybe a tad further, so im kinda thinking about just getting a 6.5 Creed bolt rifle like the Ruger RPR.... it will definitely slow down my rate of fire, and quite a few of the guys at the range have them and are hitting golf balls at 300 with them....

did see a couple nice Sig rifles in 6.5, but they were 2500-3k dollars... bulky fvckers too....

i did run into the guy that sold me my charging handle, another guy i bought my revolver from, and one of the guys from Sportsmans... all had some nice stuff...

also saw a scope company ive never heard of, Osprey... they were fairly expensive for the high zoom models, like the 10-40X50 at 1100, but it was a really nice scope... i guess they use the same erectors as Nightforce, and the glass was superb... he told me to find a target and look through it, then he placed his hand over the bell with just a little gap between his fingers... you couldnt even see his fingers AT ALL... was crazy...

some asshole just before i got there, caused a slight scene, and managed to walk away with a 1k dollar scope he snatched off the table... they werent happy about that at all...

did end up buying a 50 round box from Washougal River cart company, look like good rounds, they use the Hornady FMJ so we will see how they do....

so now i have to decide if i want another AR or a bolt gun with an AR grip, because i do like having that pistol grip... did find a grip with the palm shelf, and it felt amazing, but im not going to put one on the MPR, i think its fine as it is, but a bolt rifle, it would feel nice on....

decisions decisions....

#1006280 - 03/31/19 11:51 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Time for an AR9 or a hand cannon.
I have more fun with my scratch-built Glocks than I can shake a stick at.
And it's not always 10, 20, 25 yards.

We shoot at a rock pit in the G-P forest.
A lot of steel targets lately...plate rack, gongs, silhouettes etc.
Love the Shoot-N-See targets.

There was an orange chip from a clay target about 100 yards out.
I pointed it out to my shootin' buddy and he sort of laughed.
He thinks of handguns as very close range tools.
So he watches it with the binos.
My G17 was splashin' sand all around it.
Next time we'll set some steel way out.

And then something that they will be taking away is the un-serialized Glock pattern frames.
These are $99.99 when you put them in your cart.
https://www.armorally.com/shop/polymer80-pf940v2-pistol-frame-kit/?v=7516fd43adaa
A smokin' deal.
Can be completed with hand tools.
Choosing the correct parts for completion (read price-performance sweet spot) is easy if you know who to ask.
THE LEGISLATURE WILL DEFINITELY BE TAKING THESE AWAY.

Here are my two "kitchen table" Glocks.
G17 and G19

#1006326 - 04/01/19 04:38 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

ive never really been a fan of AR pistols or 9mm for that matter... just me i guess, nothing wrong with them, but i dont really like shooting at close distances unless its with regular pistols/revolvers...

ive always just been about trying to slam as many rounds through the same spot as possible... and sometimes, i screw myself because what i expect, isnt really obtainable... gotta learn to not do that as well...

we went up and found another shooting spot yesterday, only about 35 minutes away, and dont need a pass... plenty of room up there as well...

i only ran like 30 rounds out of the AR to try the new trigger... man is that thing nice... like REALLY nice... i did do 1 5 round set really fast, and one 10 round before we left... this rifle feels like it loses recoil the more you fire (if firing fast), is that because of the gas tube? my Bushmaster had a little more kick to it than this MPR, not that that is a bad thing however...

Katie even shot 5 rounds out of it, having her standing and holding it isnt the best idea tho, kinda heavy for her, ill have to get a small table or something and let her try it off a rest, should help her out...

even managed to run a couple rounds out of the 700.. i love the sound of magnums sound bouncing off the hills, always have....

so....

those are some nice looking Glocks you have there DD, what are they? whats been done?

#1006335 - 04/01/19 07:29 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Suarez slides, KKM barrels, Overwatch/Agency triggers and OEM frames.
Not much Glock left except for the frames.
Shooting pistol accurately is a thing and worth becoming competent at.

#1006363 - 04/02/19 01:37 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
Very nice Glockoides there for sure DD ! I was thinking of building a nice lite version for my wife as Glocks have always been a favorite shooter of hers, but ever time I start to mumble about another build, she brings out her old model 19, shoots lites out, and the banker backs off the loan !

Not to change the thread here, but I do have a related question for y’all, sorta.

If I build another 6.5 Grendel upper, I wanted to go with an 11in barrel, thread up the muzzle, and run a very lite suppressor to quiet down the operation, and then I wanted to hunt with it.

Question is: Can I hunt deer with that short barrel ? And is it then a short barreled rifle, or an AR Pistol ?

Thx
S

You can make it a pistol by not putting a normal carbine (or rifle) buttstock on it.
SB Tactical is the leader in AR pistol "braces".
SBA3 is probably their best seller.
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba3/
The street price for SBA3 is around $110.

I'd check the regs and see if an AR pistol is compliant for deer in your area.

Also a 300 Blackout would be more efficient and easier to suppress at the 10" barrel length.

ETA:
If you can build an AR, you can build a Glock while blindfolded and one arm tied behind your back.
ArmorAlly and Rockey Brass currently have Polymer 80 Glock-ish frames deeply discounted.

#1006413 - 04/03/19 12:27 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
You loud m-fvkers!

Get some cans and quiet those damn long guns!

smile

#1006422 - 04/03/19 03:45 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Sensistive snowflakes and their cans.
Next it'll be a decibel tax.

smile

#1006998 - 04/12/19 04:28 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

went to Lewis again today...

that trigger actually helps alot...even if its only a pound or so less on the break... very impressed with it thats for sure...

thing shot great again today...

did notice that when i was running the Washougal River Cart company loads, they are labeled 5.56, but they arent 5.56.... they are loaded to .223 specs, there is a marked difference in recoil between them, and the Aguila, and Magtech NATO rounds....

accuracy was fine...

the RSO challenged me today, and i actually appreciated it, since im always shooting at the same 1 target....

there is 8 targets in a row, 10 inch plate, then 2 8 inch plates (i think they are 8, cant be 6), 1 more 10, 2 8s and 2 more 12s.... he told me to shoot each target from left to right, without missing...

got all the way to the 5th 8 inch target, and shot, missed... noticed right off the bat, that the target was broken, and i aimed at the wrong area (only missed by an inch or so it looked like...) hit the rest...

then, did it again, and hit all 8 in a row....

put another 100 rounds down, and knocked the target off the strap...

very very consistent rifle, the grip and trigger really make it feel nice and comfortable... the RSO is going to be buying one as well i guess, he is that impressed with it as well....

anyways, thank you guys for the trigger suggestion, again, i absolutely love the thing...

#1006999 - 04/12/19 04:48 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Nice

#1007035 - 04/13/19 10:30 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

well, i have a problem, and im not happy about it either....

i dont use the charging handle a ton, especially when shooting, i just use the bolt catch to release the bolt...

i had noticed after putting the new latch on, that it was leaving a mark on the spot it latches too... didnt really think anything of it, till last night....

started looking at it, and found this... it also was sticking to the point of the last time i tried pulling it, it was stuck, got it free after a minute....

this is what i found, and im not happy....

the Surplus one is on the left, Ruger stock one is on the right....

this is the Ruger, notice the gap between the wall and the latch hook...

this is the Surplus one, notice the hook, and gap....

i had noticed, after cleaning, sometimes be BCG would be a tad hard to push forward to get the audible "click" when its properly installed... started looking at it and the hook isnt even hooking anything, its resting on the area in yellow...

the gap isnt even wide enough to hook it... i put the Ruger one back in, and slid right down, easy as pie, BCG clicked with almost no force at all, nice and smooth....

now look at the picture of the BCM latch at the top of the page... its 100 percent identical to the Ruger latch...

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Charging-Handle-s/123.htm

good thing i caught it when i did, now i have to go back and show them their "house" product is complete bullsh!t, could have gotten me hurt, and wore the paint off the latch spot on the rifle (that part im not really concerned about per say)... with gas at 3.25 a gallon, and me getting 14 miles to the gallon, they better make it right or im taking my business elsewhere... i will pay the extra money for the BCM this time, but they better be receptive to my anger....

there are a ton of stores that sell the same sh!t they do, so i dont "need" to go there...

we will see how their customer service is... Quantico treated me really good in there, and ill have no problem going back if i have to....

#1007037 - 04/13/19 10:38 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

yeah see, look at the Radian as well... look at the gap...

the "house" stuff is absolute JUNK, DO NOT BUY IT.....

#1007050 - 04/13/19 01:42 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

took it back, the originally were going to give me another one, but i declined, and upgraded to a Radian Raptor...

latches perfectly, just like the stock charging handle, and actually, feels better as well....

i guess this is one of those "you get what you pay for" type things....

their charging handle was 40 bucks, the Radian was 78 with tax....

yes, i could have ordered one online, but if something happens, then its a bitch to get it taken care of usually...

with a local business, i can bring it right back and take care of it... plus i do like using small businesses when i can....

oh, and their customer service was top notch... no questions asked, very professional...

#1007051 - 04/13/19 01:53 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

I was wondering how the no-name CH would work out.
They ripped off Radian's "look" but apparently couldn't figure out the actual design.
Radian stuff is made locally.
That Wannabe brand might be Chinese.

#1007055 - 04/13/19 05:21 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

yeah, im thinking so too....

the odd thing, is at first i was looking at a Strike Industries one, i liked the latch on it, and it was also red, i like the red accent on black like the trigger on my 10/22, and figured i could get a red CH, and a red trigger, and it would look kinda cool....

then he told me they were made in Taiwan, and i didnt want to put foreign parts in the rifle, they were only 32 bucks, but looked like they were made well.... so i opted for theirs, which was 40 bucks...

when he first looked at it, he kinda was insinuating that it was bent by me somehow, until i said that there would have to be significant force on the rear of it, slamming into something, that would cause it to bend...

there were no dents or scratches on neither the front of the hook, nor the rear of the handle itself, there were also no stress marks on the "bend" which would have also been present...

then he said, well they are mass produced so sometimes things happen...

oh well, im happy with the Radian, its smoother, and actually feels better, even if it was nearly 100 bucks and triple the price of other ones for such a easy thing to manufacture....

im just glad i caught it before something could have happened, be it hitting me (probably not hard, but ive heard of people getting whacked), or tearing the latch hook spot so that nothing would have worked, and i needed to get a new upper tube....

once again tho, i did learn again, sometimes its just better to eat it and spend the money, vs trying to save some money.....

#1007056 - 04/13/19 05:37 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Strike Industries is another bullschitt company selling imported crap.
There is a very well developed list of good companies that produce reliable parts for firearms.
All you have to do is ask.
Don't be that guy that asks for the "Post-Purchase Blessing" after his impulse buy.

smile

ETA :
Surplus Ammo and Arms is a little smelly, so be careful with them.
Sounds like you got a whiff.

#1007075 - 04/14/19 04:58 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

see thats where i made the mistake....

a ton of places give the SI handle 5 star reviews... but i didnt want Taiwan products, and i figured (key word), that theirs would be a better option because it was more expensive... yeah i was wrong, sometimes paying more doesnt mean you are getting a better product, and this is one case of that instance....

and your last comment, im starting to think that too, their ammo prices arent really "that" great either....

what i dont get, is how they can fvck up such a simple easy to make product...

live and learn i suppose....

#1008228 - 05/03/19 05:07 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

so these gun store guys are starting to piss me off....

one shop told me that the .224 Valk and the 6.5 Grendel were NOT long range cartridges, whatsoever... so i bought my rifle elsewhere, because, well, hes full of sh!t....

then you know the deal with the charging handle fiasco...

on Sunday i went into a shop up the road, they service military and LE alot, and should, SHOULD have knowledgeable people there, but they dont....

i asked about any 6.5 Creed rifles they had, Savage 10/Stealth/Ashbury, Ruger PR, Remington PCR, Bergara HMR< ect.... said no, dont carry them, no one wants them...

well i do, and its a bitch to keep them on the shelves at most other shops...

this is the same guy mind you, that i had a brain fart the last time i went in there, i was going to buy a Ruger MK4, and was asking why the stainless one was 70 dollars more than the blued one (i knew the answer right after i asked the question), he started saying how they were different pistols, which they arent, and i pointed out, then started babbling about some other BS with the 22/45 until i told him they werent the same gun, they have different grip angles, blah blah.... (stainless is always more expensive)

was at Sportsmans this week talking to one of the guys in the back, and was asking why the Federal 150 pack was 59.99 and the other store sells them for 48.99 to see if they would price match... figured i would just go grab a box and then bring the receipt to them in the future for the match....

so i go to the store today, grab the box, pay, and start heading out, look at the box, and the bullet tip on the picture on the side is GREEN, which is a penetrator round... turned back around, and he was kinda staring at me, i said these are green tips, are they penetrators?

he assured me they werent... i told him i shoot at Ft Lewis and they and every other gun range here dont allow them... told me i was good to go....

i was skeptical....

get home and check, sure as sh!t, THEY ARE PENETRATOR rounds.... so i called, and usually places dont let you return ammo, but i had asked, and he said just ask for him and he would swap me out with other ammo... he also said the guy should have known that...

i think thats probably the last time i go into that store as a matter of fact...

apparently, if you have a gun on your hip, and act all cool, you know everything about firearms and ammo... thats now 4 instances, with 3 different people at that place, and every one of them is full of sh!t....

the problem with returning it, is they didnt have anything in bulk that i wanted, for a decent price, other than this stuff... so i guess im stuck with it unless they will give me my money back...

should have just stuck with the Aguila, as they put each round in one of the holders, and not just rolling around in the box like the Federal stuff, which has banged tips, ect...

Federal is good ammo, which is why i got it, but for them to not know what the fvck they are selling, is assinine....

anyways, still looking for a deal on a chassis rifle, most places are putting the RPR out for around 13- 1500, but you can get them online cheaper, just not sure i want to deal with shipping ect, id rather just buy it direct....

might go check out Cabelas this weekend and see what they have....

#1008231 - 05/03/19 06:26 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Many of the LGS dudes are donkeys as you found out.
They will try to push you toward the crap hanging on the wall that themselves and their big brains ordered.

Cabelas will butt-rape you on prices.
You need Cabela's Club points to come out of there with all of your hide.

Sounds like you need to consider buying on line.
Anything other than 9mm and 5.56 I buy on line.
Walmart has the best prices down here for 9mm range ammo.
Federal Brass 115gr $16.97 100 ct
I have to buy 9mm self defense ammo on line to get a deal.

Firearms, same thing.
I just bought a Beretta 92A1 for $499......Cabela's same gun $799
$300 Taxidermy Tax.....yeeeouch !

Search Engines

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato
Use the controls at the top of the page to narrow your search
You have to register like a forum now to see all their pages
It is the best ammo engine, though.

https://gun.deals/today
For something specific, use the search box at the top right of the page

If you are not sure about a vendor, post them up here

#1008313 - 05/05/19 02:55 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

LGS? Large gun stores? if so, yeah i agree, but this isnt one of those, this is 1 store, and its about the size of a 7/11...

i went back yesterday, and talked to the guy that sold me them... you know, the guy that i asked "these are green tips, are you sure they arent penetrators" and he said no, i assure you they arent....

guess what he said?

he was color blind....

thats why he didnt know... even after i told him the fvcking color....

also, i guess that ammo uses Lake City brass... the brass was dirty, dented, and looked like crap, the bullet tips were also dinged and beat up... told the other guy that they looked like reloads... he said no, its new factory ammo, and i asked why were the cases dented like that and whatnot... some other BS he said and i was just like whatever...

exchanged it for Federal 55 grainers that are FMJ BT, i wanted 62's but ill mess with some 55s for now...

i would however seriously consider never going into that store again, but they were only a few bucks more expensive to order a RPR in 6.5 than Sportco would have been... it was like 1209 vs Sportco at 1200...

ill probably just go to Sportco, they didnt have any in stock tho...

they did have the tent sale, and i got some Norma Tac-.223 ammo, for 5.99 a box... the 10/22 loves Norma ammo, and i really like it too, so it should shoot well in this... it is 55 grainers tho... but thats ok, cuz that and the Elite Match ammo is top notch from them... also got some Federal .40 cal for 10 a box...

they had some interesting ammo that was on clearance tho... HSM with Berger flat base HP bullets, looked well made... also some other brand with BlitzKing "blue thrill" blue poly tipped ammo... both were around 20 bucks a box, with a 25% discount, but i ended up just getting 4 more boxes of the Tac .223... might go back and grab a box to try, but if its going to be tough to find, its pointless...

it would be nice to get a bipod, but i honestly dont think i want to put anything hanging off the MPR... its nice and semi light right now as it is, and shoots lights out... probably should just leave it as is...

one thing i did have a semi issue with, was oil... i had only cleaned the thing 2 times with 1k rounds through it, didnt touch the barrel... the Hoppe's black, would burn off and you wouldnt see anything in there... so i switched back to Rem Oil and that stopped, but i also picked up some of the Lucas oil at Orielleys when i was getting another battery... Jerry Miculek uses it as well as alot of other pro shooters, so what the hell... but i already cleaned it and lubed it so im going to have to wait to re apply....

the barrel wasnt that dirty at all either.... the action gets a tad dirty after 3-400 rounds, which is when i usually clean it, after about 2 range trips...

oh, and CCI, is top notch customer service... my rifle has an issue, it wasnt the ammo... and they STILL sent me ammo, even tho i had some of it mixed up, and was shooting ammo from 1996.... Justin, the supervisor, is top notch...

#1008324 - 05/05/19 08:02 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

LGS? Large gun stores? if so, yeah i agree, but this isnt one of those, this is 1 store, and its about the size of a 7/11...
Local Gun Shop

i went back yesterday, and talked to the guy that sold me them... you know, the guy that i asked "these are green tips, are you sure they arent penetrators" and he said no, i assure you they arent....

guess what he said?

he was color blind....

thats why he didnt know... even after i told him the fvcking color....

also, i guess that ammo uses Lake City brass... the brass was dirty, dented, and looked like crap, the bullet tips were also dinged and beat up... told the other guy that they looked like reloads... he said no, its new factory ammo, and i asked why were the cases dented like that and whatnot... some other BS he said and i was just like whatever...
JF_C Evo what kind of places do you frequent ?
That sounds like some surplus crap that was bangin' around in a HumVee in Afghanistan !
Don't forget to check Wally World for ammo.
They're killin' it on 9mm ammo but I haven't shopped 5.56 lately.
Look for the words "Federal" or "Hornady" on the box.

exchanged it for Federal 55 grainers that are FMJ BT, i wanted 62's but ill mess with some 55s for now...

i would however seriously consider never going into that store again, but they were only a few bucks more expensive to order a RPR in 6.5 than Sportco would have been... it was like 1209 vs Sportco at 1200...

ill probably just go to Sportco, they didnt have any in stock tho...

they did have the tent sale, and i got some Norma Tac-.223 ammo, for 5.99 a box... the 10/22 loves Norma ammo, and i really like it too, so it should shoot well in this... it is 55 grainers tho... but thats ok, cuz that and the Elite Match ammo is top notch from them... also got some Federal .40 cal for 10 a box...

they had some interesting ammo that was on clearance tho... HSM with Berger flat base HP bullets, looked well made... also some other brand with BlitzKing "blue thrill" blue poly tipped ammo... both were around 20 bucks a box, with a 25% discount, but i ended up just getting 4 more boxes of the Tac .223... might go back and grab a box to try, but if its going to be tough to find, its pointless...
Google HSM ammo kaboom

it would be nice to get a bipod, but i honestly dont think i want to put anything hanging off the MPR... its nice and semi light right now as it is, and shoots lights out... probably should just leave it as is...

one thing i did have a semi issue with, was oil... i had only cleaned the thing 2 times with 1k rounds through it, didnt touch the barrel... the Hoppe's black, would burn off and you wouldnt see anything in there... so i switched back to Rem Oil and that stopped, but i also picked up some of the Lucas oil at Orielleys when i was getting another battery... Jerry Miculek uses it as well as alot of other pro shooters, so what the hell... but i already cleaned it and lubed it so im going to have to wait to re apply....
CLP is the go-to for AR type weapons which like to run wet and CLP is usually in a spray can for easy application to BCG and tunnel.
I like Remoil for fishing reel bearings but I don't like it on weapons.
Too thin and it seems to evaporate like WD-40.

the barrel wasnt that dirty at all either.... the action gets a tad dirty after 3-400 rounds, which is when i usually clean it, after about 2 range trips...

oh, and CCI, is top notch customer service... my rifle has an issue, it wasnt the ammo... and they STILL sent me ammo, even tho i had some of it mixed up, and was shooting ammo from 1996.... Justin, the supervisor, is top notch...
Yep, CCI is good.

#1008326 - 05/05/19 08:34 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

this local gun shop is The Marksman... thought it was great when i moved here... even took my brother there to get his .300 elk rifle.... they are way different now... oh well..

the ammo is this, and its sold in the box like this at multiple stores, i like my ammo to come in a holder... period... if its .22 LR, for shooting nothing, yeah, i can deal with brick ammo, but i want the stuff in 50 round boxes preferably Norma Elite Match... lights out with it... this is the exact ammo i got from that store a few days ago...

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/...029465065164.do

this is what it looks like in strippers....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100185...-14-boxes-of-30

its junk... i dont care about Lake City brass, that clearly isnt new... i dont even need to shoot it to tell you that the Aguila 62s are excellent rounds for the money... if you want to spray 200 rounds out in 15 minutes, they arent for you... if you want accuracy (im at 300) they are great for the money...

HSM is good stuff, ive been shooting it for nearly 20 years... went way way up in price on some of the stuff, but then again, what hasnt....

I have CLP, use it alot actually, good stuff... is your Rem Oil old? mine is thicker than the Hoppes, the Lucas is in between... for fishing i use the Daiwa Needle Oiler, it is hands down, the best oil you can get for fishing.... IMO of course...

#1008327 - 05/05/19 08:38 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

oh and the stores, usually just the normal here... Brads, i bought the gun there, great people... Pawn Fathers is alright, ive bought stuff from them too.... The Marksman, basically a joke... Sportsmans, Quantico (they are named different now), Surplus, MD/Bullseye, Sportco, WSG, ect... havent gone to Rainier yet, but their prices online are nuts for some rifles...

Fed Way is dumb, the pawn shop in Bonney Lake is nuts...

i go all over, and am extremely OCD about accuracy...

#1008334 - 05/06/19 06:06 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

this local gun shop is The Marksman... thought it was great when i moved here... even took my brother there to get his .300 elk rifle.... they are way different now... oh well..

the ammo is this, and its sold in the box like this at multiple stores, i like my ammo to come in a holder... period... if its .22 LR, for shooting nothing, yeah, i can deal with brick ammo, but i want the stuff in 50 round boxes preferably Norma Elite Match... lights out with it... this is the exact ammo i got from that store a few days ago...

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/...029465065164.do

this is what it looks like in strippers....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100185...-14-boxes-of-30
It's weird that Federal put that tarnished, banged up ammo in sealed boxes.
62gr green tip (M855) is not match ammo, it's for barrier penetration.

its junk... i dont care about Lake City brass, that clearly isnt new... i dont even need to shoot it to tell you that the Aguila 62s are excellent rounds for the money... if you want to spray 200 rounds out in 15 minutes, they arent for you... if you want accuracy (im at 300) they are great for the money...
Aguila is Mexican and is generally good ammo.

HSM is good stuff, ive been shooting it for nearly 20 years... went way way up in price on some of the stuff, but then again, what hasnt....
All ammo manufacturers have had issues, but HSM sticks in my mind for generating KABOOMS.

I have CLP, use it alot actually, good stuff... is your Rem Oil old? mine is thicker than the Hoppes, the Lucas is in between... for fishing i use the Daiwa Needle Oiler, it is hands down, the best oil you can get for fishing.... IMO of course...
Yes, the Daiwa oil is excellent for fishing reel bearings.
I have Rem Wipes and Rem oil that I need to give away.
I've been using using Microlon assembly lube (grease) on my Glock rails. That is good stuff for anything that slides and where oil runs off.

#1008367 - 05/06/19 05:04 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

thats what im saying, they tried to tell me that it was new ammo, after i said it was reloaded... that brass clearly isnt new at all... new brass doesnt have dents in it either... and if theres this big HYPE about Lake City, well, they suck....

yeah Aguila is good stuff for the most part... not a fan of their .22 ammo, but the 5.56 ammo is lights out... very well made...

one weird thing i did notice, but it might not mean anything, when i shook the federal shell, you couldnt hear anything moving in there... nothing.... when i shake the Norma, Aguila, Winchester, Atomic, ect you can clearly hear the powder in there....

i havent heard that about HSM, im just using the stuff up i had, dont really buy alot of it anymore, rather buy new factory ammo for my pistols since im not set up to load....

i have Rem wipes too, not a huge fan of them, they catch and sh!t on stuff... the oil i do like tho, its thicker than other oils from my viewpoint... but that can also translate to gummyness and whatnot.... the Lucas isnt cheap, but alot of pros use it so it has to be somewhat good... and Lucas car oil is some of the best on the market, so im sure they should know what they are doing...

the Daiwa oil, i actually read up on the viscosity chart years ago, after using oils like Rocket Fuel, Hot Sauce, and such, and the Daiwa is way up there viscosity wise... its also really easy to use which i like... havent had one issue whatsoever with it....

#1008368 - 05/06/19 05:33 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

thats what im saying, they tried to tell me that it was new ammo, after i said it was reloaded... that brass clearly isnt new at all... new brass doesnt have dents in it either... and if theres this big HYPE about Lake City, well, they suck....

yeah Aguila is good stuff for the most part... not a fan of their .22 ammo, but the 5.56 ammo is lights out... very well made...

one weird thing i did notice, but it might not mean anything, when i shook the federal shell, you couldnt hear anything moving in there... nothing.... when i shake the Norma, Aguila, Winchester, Atomic, ect you can clearly hear the powder in there....

i havent heard that about HSM, im just using the stuff up i had, dont really buy alot of it anymore, rather buy new factory ammo for my pistols since im not set up to load....

i have Rem wipes too, not a huge fan of them, they catch and sh!t on stuff... the oil i do like tho, its thicker than other oils from my viewpoint... but that can also translate to gummyness and whatnot.... the Lucas isnt cheap, but alot of pros use it so it has to be somewhat good... and Lucas car oil is some of the best on the market, so im sure they should know what they are doing...

the Daiwa oil, i actually read up on the viscosity chart years ago, after using oils like Rocket Fuel, Hot Sauce, and such, and the Daiwa is way up there viscosity wise... its also really easy to use which i like... havent had one issue whatsoever with it....

Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP) is the single largest producer of small arms ammunition for the United States Armed Forces.
So there's that.
If that box was factory sealed, then it must have been (cosmetic) reject ammo.
Sometimes it will say "Not For Duty Use" on the box.

Powders have different burns rates as you know and it sounds like that green tip was a "compressed load" where its powder was of a slower burn rate than the others.
Slower burn rate typically means you would use more to achieve the same result as a faster powder which would require less.

#1008407 - 05/07/19 04:52 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

yeah i knew LC was big, didnt know they were the biggest... all the boxes (30+) are all the same, they arent "sealed" per say however... just a flap that goes in...

and it didnt say anything like that, but i did some research that day, and found some things out... its labeled XM855, and says "meets military standards" on the side of the box....

well, after reading, if its designated M, that means it meets mil spec requirements, and that ammo, goes directly to the military.... not to civilians... if it says XM, its DOES NOT meet military standards...

if thats the case, why would they be stupid and put meets military standards on the side of the box, when XM clearly means its not up to spec? thats false advertisement...

yes i do know about burn rates, but thats pretty much where it ends for me... i dont know about different powders, ect... why would someone want to use slower burning powder, and increase the weight? wouldnt slower burning powder also leave more residue behind vs faster burning powder?

#1008408 - 05/07/19 05:54 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

yeah i knew LC was big, didnt know they were the biggest... all the boxes (30+) are all the same, they arent "sealed" per say however... just a flap that goes in...

and it didnt say anything like that, but i did some research that day, and found some things out... its labeled XM855, and says "meets military standards" on the side of the box....

well, after reading, if its designated M, that means it meets mil spec requirements, and that ammo, goes directly to the military.... not to civilians... if it says XM, its DOES NOT meet military standards...

if thats the case, why would they be stupid and put meets military standards on the side of the box, when XM clearly means its not up to spec? thats false advertisement...

yes i do know about burn rates, but thats pretty much where it ends for me... i dont know about different powders, ect... why would someone want to use slower burning powder, and increase the weight? wouldnt slower burning powder also leave more residue behind vs faster burning powder?

Slower burn rate doesn't necessarily mean slower bullet flight.
Just means a different burn characteristic and different pressure spike.

Depending on the cartridge, sometimes a slower powder will yield better accuracy in a given load.
It could be that the military found that the powder in that XM855 was more resilient to ambient temperatures.
Lots of reasons that it may be used.

One good thing for reloaders is that a safe powder charge that fills the case (or almost fills) makes it impossible to double charge.

Pistol powders are among the fastest powders and they often leave plenty of room to make a mistake and double charge.

#1008409 - 05/07/19 06:27 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

ok that makes sense...

that ammo tho, the tips on alot of the bullets, were seriously deformed... like dropped from 20 feet and hit point first deformed... ive dropped ammo, who hasnt, but ive never really gotten tips that looked like that... some of them were semi mushroomed over to the side...

absolute garbage for anything less than spraying bullets and burning up your barrel...

#1008628 - 05/13/19 04:29 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

went shooting again a few days ago, after the thorough cleaning, it still was on target just like before...

the Federal 55 grain in the 20 round box (non green tip, non dented tip) actually shot pretty well....

another Army guy was there, and this time chose to shoot directly next to me... i told him he might get hit with brass, and he didnt care, said he was used to it, which, im not surprised...

so im dinging away at the plates, and he gets down, and shoots all 8 in a row relatively fast, slightly faster than im shooting... was impressed...

i was looking at his rifle, and hes like "you can go ahead and pick it up", im like seriously? yeah sure, no problem... the thing was HEAVY... but not really alll that bad, but was really heavy... up front he had a laser/rangfinder and a light... Larue lower, Geissele trigger, regular old Mag Pul grip, and his barrel... which he said was "just a Noveske", which i replied "yeah, just a Noveske" and laughed...

then, came the scope... i think my most expensive scope in my life was like 500-600 bucks... the one i have on this now is 300.. while im more than happy with the scopes i have, there is SERIOUSLY a major difference between a 300 dollar scope, and a 3000 dollar scope like he had, which was a Leupold 3-18X Mark 6.. HOLY SH!T was that thing clear at 300, was amazed by it... the reticle was very very nice as well... but, i dont think i will ever be able to spend that kind of money on a scope like that, not because i cant, but because i really dont need it... but the quality of the thing was through the roof.... i will spend more on the next one, but not 3k thats for sure...

so, now im in a bit of a crossroads...

ive been thinking about getting the MPR re barreled in .223 Wylde, so i can keep the 5.56/.223 aspect going, and the added accuracy... the problem is is the price... you have companies like Bartlein, Kreiger, Noveske, Faxon, Shilen, Lilja, ect...

so i called Rainier, and they have theirs which are around 400 for the Ultra Match 20 inch fluted, plus 80 to put it on... then there is the Faxon Flame fluted .223 Wylde at around 325, plus the 80... both of which i will need to pay more for a brake, and the installation of said brake... Noveske barrels are 500-900 (carbon fiber), and are too expensive for my taste... i wouldnt be opposed to just getting a target crowned no brake barrel as well, as recoil with a 5.56/.223 is nothing...

but, then again, i can get a complete upper in .224 Valkyrie for the same price as the barrel and install... but, then i have to go and get different, more expensive ammo, when i could just stick with the 5.56/.223 ammo im using, and get the 6.5 Creed rifle that ive been wanting to buy (looked at a Ruger Precision yesterday, and im almost sold on it... very nice) and not have a bunch of stuff that does almost the same thing (.224, 6.5, .300 WM)

so with that said, would it be better to rebarrel the MPR with a nice fluted match barrel, or just keep it as it is, and get a .224, or is it worth it to upgrade the MPR barrel? like i said, his rifle shot lights out, but im assuming that sub MOA guarantees like the Faxon has are going to suffice...

so, what say you?

#1008661 - 05/13/19 08:46 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

I'd probably leave it as is unless I was getting schitty groups.
Sounded like you were happy with it ?

#1008719 - 05/14/19 03:08 PM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

oh im definitely happy with it, and the groups are fine... im at around 1500 rounds so far through it...

this is more of a personal cosmetic/performance thing... im not really into getting things that look cool, and do absolutely nothing... like accessories, crazy hand guards, things of that nature... id rather put my money towards something that looks nice, and performs well...

ive always liked the looks of fluted heavy barrels on AR platform rifles, and the Wylde chamber is usually more accurate than your standard 5.56 chamber, or so they say...

i do have the option of buying an Aero Precision upper in .224 for 450 out the door, so that is in the back of my mind as well... just not sure i want to get yet another cartridge, thats sometimes hard to find, when i can "personalize" the rifle i have, and increase accuracy doing so...

oh yeah, i get emails from Midway and Brownells, they have Glock barrels on sale for a decent and good looking price on some of them... they also had those AA triggers like you have (i think they were Agency right?) on sale as well, if you havent seen it yet...

#1008896 - 05/17/19 11:55 AM Re: AR 556 MPR [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

oh yeah, i get emails from Midway and Brownells, they have Glock barrels on sale for a decent and good looking price on some of them... they also had those AA triggers like you have (i think they were Agency right?) on sale as well, if you havent seen it yet...

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm good with my Glock barrel situation.
And on the Dark Web I found a good place to buy AA triggers and barrels.

My last barrel is coming from KKM.
They are making a special run of 9x25 Dillon barrels.
It's a 10mm Auto necked down to 9mm.
So it's a screamer....giant muzzle flash.

Inslee is going to eventually take away the unserialized P80's.
So if you ever want to do a P80 build, might want to grab a frame kit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
birdhunter111, metalman, solducsinker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (chrome/22, stonefish), 946 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |