Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1009978 - 06/05/19 05:58 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... * [Re: Sol Duc]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Ummmm...

#1009980 - 06/05/19 06:08 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I took a couple logic classes at UW. The intro Logic 120 class, and then an upper level class to satisfy a graduation requirement. I don't really see that either political platform leans heavily on logic, and I certainly don't see that one party has an edge in using logic to promote policy.

More likely, this is a case of confirmation bias coupled with a little bit of the false consensus effect. You lean right, Keith - so of course you think the right is more logical. It wouldn't make any sense if you said otherwise.

I don't like Trump and I won't pretend that logic has anything to do with it. YMMV

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1009981 - 06/05/19 06:22 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Dan S.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I took a couple logic classes at UW. The intro Logic 120 class, and then an upper level class to satisfy a graduation requirement. I don't really see that either political platform leans heavily on logic, and I certainly don't see that one party has an edge in using logic to promote policy.

More likely, this is a case of confirmation bias coupled with a little bit of the false consensus effect. You lean right, Keith - so of course you think the right is more logical. It wouldn't make any sense if you said otherwise.

I don't like Trump and I won't pretend that logic has anything to do with it. YMMV

True, I do lean right. But I'm also an over paid psychologist and deal with the left and right every day. When it comes to logical and human life it sure has seemed I've witnessed more common sense in the right than the left and I have just as many friends from both sides....

Then again, who says my way of thinking and rationalizing is logical. rofl

Keith

#1009982 - 06/05/19 06:35 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

I hear you. Logic tells me I'm right every time. rofl

#1009995 - 06/06/19 06:02 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I'd argue the logical thinkers are the ones who felt obligated to read the report before drawing conclusions (and posts here seem to indicate that the bias we all carried prior to downloading the report persisted after reading it). Perhaps unfortunately, whether or not we choose to admit it, we are all emotional beings, and our emotions do influence our thinking. It only becomes especially problematic when tribalism takes hold, as it has in our country today. It's reached a point where folks on both sides who are generally logical and plenty intelligent are rationalizing things they never would have thought permissable before now, simply because there's no middle ground; it's all occupied by zealots of one stripe or the other.

I think producing a Venn diagram of how we all feel about specific issues our country needs to address would be a prudent exercise, because it would remind us how much more we share in common as Americans than we differ as Republicans or Democrats. The way we talk these days, you'd swear we were different species competing for the same food source. The discourse needs to change....

#1009996 - 06/06/19 06:06 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Dan S.]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I hear you. Logic tells me I'm right every time. rofl

Agreed. "Logic" doesn't always lead us down the right path, because it CAN be flawed; often by emotion!

#1009998 - 06/06/19 07:10 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
I will admit I did not read every word but these are the parts that made me think Trump is the Rat King:

- A lot of the specific type information on the computers of Trump’s people that the investigation wanted was deleted and furthermore was kept in special encryption software ready for a clean wipe.

- When Trump found out about the investigation he said, and this is a quote, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m [Bleeeeep!].”

All of that does not paint the picture of an honest group of people nor an honest President.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1010012 - 06/06/19 09:31 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Hey, I took that class too. Good ole "if P, then Q. If Q, then R. Therefore, if P, then R."

We're reading most everything subconsciously looking for confirmation bia. That doesn't prevent logic though. Analytical thinking is intuitive to some of us, and an alien concept to others.

As for logic in politics, Trump said himself during the campaign that he campaigned the way he did because people vote based on their emotions, not on logic. And that's why he panders to his base of deplorable, low information voters, who don't care a whit for truth, logic, or hold him accountable for flip-flopping his own stories.

And Keith, that link of yours to the IQ story states that the Harvard survey was entirely fictitious.

#1010016 - 06/06/19 10:09 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
I will admit I did not read every word but these are the parts that made me think Trump is the Rat King:

- A lot of the specific type information on the computers of Trump’s people that the investigation wanted was deleted and furthermore was kept in special encryption software ready for a clean wipe.

- When Trump found out about the investigation he said, and this is a quote, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m [Bleeeeep!].”

All of that does not paint the picture of an honest group of people nor an honest President.

A politician and honesty don't go hand in hand. It never has and never will.

Deception and fear mongering is what it's all about. Creating the tribalism discussed above. Both parties do it.

It's just too bad so many sheep in this world flock to safety or what they'd call safety because they don't bear the intellectual understanding or have the brains to find the truth or recognize right and wrong. The sheep will continue to follow the lead and believe everything they're told.

There will be a breaking point in the next 20-30 years. The days coming...

Keith

#1010018 - 06/06/19 10:43 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Salmo g.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Hey, I took that class too. Good ole "if P, then Q. If Q, then R. Therefore, if P, then R."

We're reading most everything subconsciously looking for confirmation bia. That doesn't prevent logic though. Analytical thinking is intuitive to some of us, and an alien concept to others.

As for logic in politics, Trump said himself during the campaign that he campaigned the way he did because people vote based on their emotions, not on logic. And that's why he panders to his base of deplorable, low information voters, who don't care a whit for truth, logic, or hold him accountable for flip-flopping his own stories.

And Keith, that link of yours to the IQ story states that the Harvard survey was entirely fictitious.

Well, maybe I'm dumber than I look... rofl

#1010019 - 06/06/19 10:51 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: stlhdr1]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

A politician and honesty don't go hand in hand. It never has and never will.

Deception and fear mongering is what it's all about. Creating the tribalism discussed above. Both parties do it.

It's just too bad so many sheep in this world flock to safety or what they'd call safety because they don't bear the intellectual understanding or have the brains to find the truth or recognize right and wrong. The sheep will continue to follow the lead and believe everything they're told.

There will be a breaking point in the next 20-30 years. The days coming...

Keith

Absolutely. I 100% agree and I am still going to fuk with dumbfuks like Wanka$$ that pick sides and libtards that think they know better. The fact that I am considered a conservative douche at work and among my social circle, and a soiboi fuktard liberal bitch here tells you all you need to know. By being in the middle and questioning both parties, I am apparently everyone’s enemy. Yes our country may be [Bleeeeep!] beyond repair.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1010031 - 06/06/19 01:12 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: stam
Too dumb to be a democrat, too smart to be a republican...

...or the other way around?

Yeah, that....

I don't understand where folks in Guberment have such a difficult time being transparent and stick to the truth..

Our almighty leader is as transparent as one has ever been, doing what he said he would do and fulfilling campaign promises.. The truthful part, well he certainly has his own world he lives in. If he could only be an honest person through and through he'd have been the perfect president.... But he get's my vote in 2020, wading through a few lies to prevent the horseshit the left side buttercups want to put in place is worthy of dealing with...

Trump 2020 bitches! You tight jean wearing, safe zone drug having fruit cakes can kiss my white ass.. Go take a dump on a sidewalk.... Now I feel like I fit in.. rofl

Keith

#1010033 - 06/06/19 01:54 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Come on, Man... "Trump" and "transparency" may be phonetically similar, but that's where the relationship ends. If he has been transparent, it's only because he can't keep his mouth shut. Not much transparent about ordering people not to testify before Congress to protect yourself....

#1010039 - 06/06/19 02:36 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

As I have said, if somehow all these tariffs and altering international trade works out and the economy is cooking and manufacturing coming back to the USA, Trump has my vote. I will know that career politicians need to go, and maybe a legit non inherited businessman could be the new President mold to go by. I doubt that will happen but I am glad there is a year and a half before the election to see how it plays out. I am not an economist and I think most people who talk economics should STFU, Ill leave that to the pros every time. I sure hope Trump has a real smart guy chirping in his ear aiding in these tariff decisions.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1010043 - 06/06/19 03:15 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I sure hope Trump has a real smart guy chirping in his ear aiding in these tariff decisions.

But you, like that greatest of teachers, history, know better. Tariffs only hurt consumers, and that's all they'll ever do. If Trump's cronies wanted manufacturing jobs in America, they shouldn't have sent them all overseas. We're back to that "can't have it both ways" argument again....

#1010047 - 06/06/19 03:49 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: ]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
If Trump's cronies wanted manufacturing jobs in America, they shouldn't have sent them all overseas.

Huh

I could have sworn it was lower tax rates and cheaper labor that sent manufacturing jobs overseas.

Live and learn, I guess.

You're absolutely right about why they sent those jobs overseas. No argument there. My point was they did it, and now the recipients are too powerful to bully into submission. I said it was a mistake to move manufacturing overseas as soon as they started, and I don't think I'm looking too stupid for having said that now. Some other stuff I've said, well....

#1010056 - 06/06/19 05:53 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline

Manufacturing follows cheap labor, and tariffs won't change that.

It's been studied. The facts are clear. Tariffs lead to higher consumer prices and net job losses and that's all they fuckin' do.

Retard Trump thinks tariffs are a remedy to the trade imbalance. That's because he was too busy back in college being a twat and spending all his daddy's money to study international trade and economic policy.

Trump has his own sh!t made in China, and you dopes suck his dick. Pathetic.

I think anyone that votes for Trump is a fuckin' fool. Not that Democrats will have a better candidate, but I'd rather smash my dick with a hammer than vote for Mr. Silver Spoon so-called billionaire retarded dumbfucker whose daddy GAVE him a half billion dollars and that lazy toad was too lame and stupid to out-earn simply putting it in a mutual fund. What a pitiful fuckin' loser. No wonder his dad hated him.

Go ahead - vote for him. The whole west coast is solid blue and your vote doesn't mean [Bleeeeep!] unless you're in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Florida anyway.

Plus, the fuckin' loser doesn't have a dog. A president of the United States without a dog. That should tell you all you need to know unless you're a cat person.

#1010079 - 06/07/19 08:10 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Manufacturing follows cheap labor, and tariffs won't change that.

It's been studied. The facts are clear. Tariffs lead to higher consumer prices and net job losses and that's all they fuckin' do.

Retard Trump thinks tariffs are a remedy to the trade imbalance. That's because he was too busy back in college being a twat and spending all his daddy's money to study international trade and economic policy.

Trump has his own sh!t made in China, and you dopes suck his dick. Pathetic.

I think anyone that votes for Trump is a fuckin' fool. Not that Democrats will have a better candidate, but I'd rather smash my dick with a hammer than vote for Mr. Silver Spoon so-called billionaire retarded dumbfucker whose daddy GAVE him a half billion dollars and that lazy toad was too lame and stupid to out-earn simply putting it in a mutual fund. What a pitiful fuckin' loser. No wonder his dad hated him.

Go ahead - vote for him. The whole west coast is solid blue and your vote doesn't mean [Bleeeeep!] unless you're in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Florida anyway.

Plus, the fuckin' loser doesn't have a dog. A president of the United States without a dog. That should tell you all you need to know unless you're a cat person.

Solid gold post Danny! (Well, except for the part about smashing your dick with a hammer.)

Edited by Salmo g. (06/07/19 08:11 AM)

#1010083 - 06/07/19 09:03 AM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline

I might have been drinking before I made that post.

lol

#1010106 - 06/07/19 02:51 PM Re: MUELLER REPORT........... [Re: Sol Duc]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
"Retard Trump thinks tariffs are a remedy to the trade imbalance. That's because he was too busy back in college being a twat and spending all his daddy's money to study international trade and economic policy."

As retarded as Trump may be, I'm pretty sure he's using tariffs as a strong-arm tactic to get people to the negotiating table NOT as a longer-term, trade-imbalance solution. It's one of the only levers he's got, so he pulled it. Seems to be getting him more action on the subject than asking "pretty please" with no results as previous presidents (both R & D) have done. Getting Mexico's attention on the Asylum highway issue as well. If congress would quit their fighting and bitching and actually start working together and with the president I'm sure we could have much more refined solutions (i.e. real trade policy and immigration reform).

But hey, throwing dogshite at each other is much more fun!

Page 16 of 20 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1111 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |