Rate This Topic
#1005889 - 03/25/19 09:57 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: Bay wolf]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Are you high?

#1005896 - 03/25/19 10:58 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Just guessing, but the tone of Bay Wolf's statement seems to suggest he accidentally left the word "NOT" out.

Does anyone have an answer to his question about the fine for fishing without a license (with no fish in possession)? I'm curious, too, but just because...

#1005897 - 03/25/19 11:02 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
TanTastic84 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA
This topic is getting out of hand. I (like a lot of others on here) will be buying my license this year, I have for many years. If I were going fishing just for the sake of harvesting everything I could get my hands on, then yes, I would think more toward saving up for my Costco membership. But fishing is not always about harvest.

Heck, I'll one up you and tell you I also purchase an OR license every year too.

I wish I could stay out of this one but the troll reply about advocating for poaching is ridiculous. I realize that is exactly what it was meant to be. Good one dick-tree.

#1005906 - 03/25/19 11:40 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
Sound Transit must love you.

#1005908 - 03/25/19 11:47 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: FleaFlickr02]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Misdemeanor up to 90 days and 1000$ fine. Max.
Not worth it.

#1005910 - 03/25/19 11:59 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Thanks Flea! YES, I failed to proof it before. I corrected the post and added the "NOT". Crazy how leaving a single word out completely changes the mood of the post.

TanTastic84: "I wish I could stay out of this one but the troll reply about advocating for poaching is ridiculous. I realize that is exactly what it was meant to be. Good one dick-tree."

Not sure what "dick-tree" means, but if you're referring to the fact that I'm very well hung, thank you.!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#1005963 - 03/25/19 09:56 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
Of course i will be buying one. Cheapest part of fishing for me. 100 plus days a year spent chasing various species. There is some great fishing to be had if you quit ur bitchin and look around. Sure salmon and steelhead are short tough seasons at times but there is still plenty of places to go and plenty of fish to catchand Alot of other species to target that are doing great.

#1005999 - 03/26/19 08:38 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
_WW_ Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Skagit
I usually buy the full combo with everything option. Not this year.
Freshwater only and no Columbia endorsement unless I go, then I'll add it later.

#1006004 - 03/26/19 09:58 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Deerlick said it. Buying our license is among the least of our fishing expenses. I spend at least twice as much on wading gear every season, and that's to say nothing of what I spend on tackle and fly tying. How about the ridiculous amount of gas we burn up getting to the water?

There's no legit financial argument for not buying a license. To not renew one's license is a political statement at best (and only effective if lots of others join you).

#1006032 - 03/26/19 08:48 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
cohobankie Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Another tax that will be used to support Gov. Jay and his failed attempt to be a president. $4 Million of our tax dollars to guard a guy no one in this nation cares about. Are we going to get more days on the water this year?

#1006042 - 03/26/19 10:19 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Think the calendar is staying at 365 days. Dont think you will het anymore days better figure out how to use the ones you have.

#1006155 - 03/28/19 01:44 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
blenny Offline
Fry

the Washington fishing license combo is a great deal. $80 and my freezer has been full all year with fish. the old farts here don't seem to understand how inflation works or that to increase hatchery production might cost $$$. Hard for me to listen to these old guys complain when they had years of great fishing and I've got to deal with the leftover crap they left for the next generation.

#1006170 - 03/28/19 03:39 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: blenny]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: blenny
the Washington fishing license combo is a great deal. $80 and my freezer has been full all year with fish. the old farts here don't seem to understand how inflation works or that to increase hatchery production might cost $$$. Hard for me to listen to these old guys complain when they had years of great fishing and I've got to deal with the leftover crap they left for the next generation.

I agree 100%

#1006179 - 03/28/19 05:32 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
DrifterWA Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...

Kids, say the darndest things....If the "kids" today only knew the 100's of hours working brood stock programs, picking eye'd eggs, baby sitting salmon, collecting money for summer run food, going to meetings....to just to keep the fishery's available for all,.... that's what us Old Farts do....we'd like to see more young people 20 - 60 start going to NOF meetings, learn to fight the fight.

I see them all the time...pay your $$$$$$$ for the license, then want to fish without putting any time to get the resource back......I'm here to tell you, no active older people, WDFW would be making sure the commercial fisheries would be allowed to take even more......The battles are on going in Willapa Bay, Chehalis, and Humptulips,,,,,there are other battles, some involve $$$$$$$ to pay lawyers to fight the WDFW lawyers...

Be thankful, or you'd have even less.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1006180 - 03/28/19 05:43 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: DrifterWA]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Kids, say the darndest things....If the "kids" today only knew the 100's of hours working brood stock programs, picking eye'd eggs, baby sitting salmon, collecting money for summer run food, going to meetings....to just to keep the fishery's available for all,.... that's what us Old Farts do....we'd like to see more young people 20 - 60 start going to NOF meetings, learn to fight the fight.

I see them all the time...pay your $$$$$$$ for the license, then want to fish without putting any time to get the resource back......I'm here to tell you, no active older people, WDFW would be making sure the commercial fisheries would be allowed to take even more......The battles are on going in Willapa Bay, Chehalis, and Humptulips,,,,,there are other battles, some involve $$$$$$$ to pay lawyers to fight the WDFW lawyers...

^this is the real deal. What will you do when "the old farts" are gone and there is no one to do the heavy lifting? Bob R

#1006183 - 03/28/19 06:05 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: ]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

^this is the real deal. What will you do when "the old farts" are gone and there is no one to do the heavy lifting? Bob R

+1. The vaping flatbillers are trained to be takers and complain that it's someone else's fault.

#1006216 - 03/29/19 08:45 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
In my opinion there’s more than apathy that has lead to the decline in people getting “involved”. I believe that a great majority of sportsmen feel it is all just a waste of time. They see how the system is stacked against the sportsmen. And how much of the game is just smoke and mirrors. They also get blasted by the so called “experts” among us and then there’s the “fish mafia” and all their self righteous BS.

So the ordinary guy joins CCA or PSA because he’s been told that “they” represent the sportsmen. Well, you see where they get disheartened and give up. Sportsmen have no real influence because they have no real organization. And by organization I don’t mean some pay to join group. I mean like a single, laser focused cause with real leadership.
We have no Cesar Chavez...

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#1006229 - 03/29/19 12:44 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

CCA has been tremendously successful in efforts to improve fisheries along the Gulf and Atlantic coastlines. They've been much less successful in the Pacific, and I think it's because the politics surrounding salmon are so complicated. One advantage they enjoyed in the Gulf and Atlantic states was the absence of international stakes. It was always recreational fishers versus commercial; all American citizens. Assuming each of the Treaty Tribes is a sovereign nation, and how Alaska likes to think it's sovereign, you have the US, Canada, Alaska, and the Tribes involved. Not going to be easy to force the whims of one horribly outnumbered (or perhaps under-represented) stakeholder group on multiple nations who disagree with their position....

#1006243 - 03/29/19 07:08 PM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: bushbear]
SalishFish Offline
Alevin

Loc: Skagit
This Fall 2018 Zero Based Budget Report for WDFW required by the WA Legislature provides a fair bit of data. There are other budget documents out there after digesting this one...

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/02013/wdfw02013.pdf

#1006276 - 03/31/19 10:20 AM Re: 2019/20 licenses [Re: SalishFish]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I purchased a Washington combo license last year and I only went out crabbing for 3 days and only one day fishing the Bogey in early December. I spent about two weeks fishing in Oregon.

Too many projects at both houses and farm. A few weddings, concerts and football games. In laws went to hospital and now in assisted living. Mom and dad gave me the fishing gear.

I plan to fish more this year in Washington. Wife is going to Mexico in a month so I'll have to find some river that is open. Daughters wedding in September is on the beach near Ollala but don't think I'll have time to make a cast. There were a couple of fly guys on the beach going after cutthroat when we met the wedding coordinator in January.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 1296 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645376 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |