LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1007048 - 04/13/19 01:19 PM Question about Mexico/U.S Border.
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I've never heard an answer to this. If we want to cross into Mexico, we show our passport and walk in. The U.S I assume works the same way. What baffles me is this. Why dont the illegals trying to get in to the U.S crossing the river or with help of human trafficars just walk accross the border like we can and do ? Please inform me on this. Thanks.

- Albert Einstein.

#1007049 - 04/13/19 01:28 PM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Because passports have hard tracking and exit dates. To get a visa stamp, all countries want to know why you are there, where you will be, who you will be seeing and most importantly when you will be leaving. Illegals don't want any part of that and most probably don't even have passports. Remember, a very large part of the illegals coming in from Mexico are from Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua...they aren't even Mexicans.

Talk about a "border"....try getting in and out of China sometime....especially if you've been to the mainland and then are flying out of Hong Kong. They literally have posters reminding you that they will straight out kill you or put in prison for life for any and all monkey business. It's a fun time and hey! Free prostate exams!!!

#1007053 - 04/13/19 03:30 PM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: NickD90]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Interesting, did they change these restrictions after 9-11 ? We use to go to Nogales/RockyPoint without a problem ( pre-9-11 ) I'm sure it's a different ball game for a Gringo to enter Mayheeco.

Nick, another question: Why are the dems against buying insurance accross state lines ? Seems like the repubs are more for it ( not sure on that) enlighten me please.

- Albert Einstein.

#1007059 - 04/13/19 09:01 PM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Not that I'm aware of, but probably due to 9-11. I didn't travel internationally much before 9-11.

On insurance, I'm not exactly sure. I know the interstate commerce clause doesn't affect corporate policies, only individual ones. I believe it has to do with state regulation of in-market providers (health care systems where the patients are), taxes and equalized competition (cost controls), but again I'm not 100% sure. The ACA is federal, so they can regulate at the fed level and maintain control over the states.

#1007067 - 04/14/19 07:54 AM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: Sol Duc]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I think Nick has it right in that the State's have different rules. If WA, for example, mandates that all health insurance cover pre-existing conditions then supposedly a (say) Mississippi company that does not cover them couldn't be sold here. But, WA does not regulate them so would probably not have a legal recourse if that company didn't cover something. It's murky.

#1007077 - 04/14/19 05:37 PM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: Carcassman]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Car, I think you're on to something there. Kind of the take I had on it.

- Albert Einstein.

#1007085 - 04/14/19 07:03 PM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

That's the word on the streets. crazy

- Albert Einstein.

#1007086 - 04/14/19 07:06 PM Re: Question about Mexico/U.S Border. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: hooktender
I hear getting in is hard, but coming back is a breeze......

I hear that a lot. lol

- Albert Einstein.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (No More Ice Fishin, steely slammer), 1138 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |