LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101390 - 12/18/00 01:43 AM Any news from the Sky?
skydrifterdave Offline
Fry

Loc: Everett
Spent this weekend cleaning up after the wind storm. Did anyone have any luck on the Sky?

#101391 - 12/18/00 09:01 AM Re: Any news from the Sky?
Aerofly Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Fished below Reiter to Wallace, nothing!

#101392 - 12/18/00 07:49 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
The Chrome Offline
Alevin

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Fished all day Sunday-all morning at Reiters. Saw 2 fish caught. I really thought this last rain would have pushed a bunch of fish in the river...either they were there but not biting or we need some hardcore rain to move those fish in

#101393 - 12/18/00 10:29 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I talked to a buddy of mine that guides on the sky. He told me the end of last week he was having some 6 and 7 fish days and then over the weekend it died off. I bet those fish he was picking up moved up so be expecting a push of some fish to show up at the ponds. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

------------------
Presentation is the key to Success and change can make the difference.www.ChasenADream.com

#101394 - 12/18/00 10:47 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
skydrifterdave Offline
Fry

Fished the Sky at Rieter for a couple of hours this morning didn't see any fish caught. Moved down river to Start-Up fished for three more hours, nothing. Checked the launch at Sultan, talked to one guy who had caught a fish around ten o'clock and one fish in a sled just coming out. Fished the bottom end of Taylor Hole, nothing. I sure thought that the rise in the water would put some fish on the bite, I just don't think the fish are there in any numbers yet.

#101395 - 12/18/00 10:58 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Before this last rain the river was dead low. I find it VERY hard to believe guys were having 6-7 fish days. Ive spent alot of time so far this Dec. and have only seen 2 fish caught. I lost one myself. We do need some hardcore rain, and if we do, look for those brats to shoot straight up to the ponds.

Here's hoping!

- BW
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#101396 - 12/19/00 02:01 AM Re: Any news from the Sky?
SteelyBob Offline
Parr

I fished the Sky near Sultan this morning drifting eggs and sandshrimp. Two whitefish and 3 hours later that was it for me. Saw a guy on the far side riprap down river pop two 10# or so dark fish...couldn't tell for sure what they were, but definitely not chrome steelies from what I saw of them...but they sure looked a lot better than my two dinky whitefish (back swimming of course). River looked great...just need some fish in numbers and we'll all be smiling. Quite a few bald eagles and blue herons cruising the place too. Quite a few other fishermen around me, plus 2 driftboats and 3 sleds.

------------------
See ya on the River!

#101397 - 12/19/00 11:26 AM Re: Any news from the Sky?
Griz Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, WA, USA
When do the Indians pull their nets out, we might see more fish hopefully.

#101398 - 12/23/00 12:36 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
skydrifterdave Offline
Fry

Fished from dawn untill 10:45. Launched the boat at Ben Howard and rowed up stream to the corner. Tossed corkie and yarn, nothing used plugs, nothing tried bait diver, nothing. Fished this way back down to the launch. Meet a gentleman as I was putting the boat on the trailer he had been up at Rieter that morning and said he had seen only one fish caught. Is anyone finding any fish on the Sky?

#101399 - 12/23/00 01:31 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Hit it agian all day Friday....NADA

Indians must be netting the Snohomish pretty good, or they are just not showing in good numbers. Too bad we cant count on our CNR season. =(

-BW
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#101400 - 12/26/00 11:18 AM Re: Any news from the Sky?
Bobber Down Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Forest Dark, Wa
Fished hard Friday (12/22), started at Reiter (9:30 a.m.) BRRRRRRRR!! 40mph wind w/rain snow mix. Only lasted an hour, heard of couple caught early in the morning. Went down river to the Startup area, still nothing and still windy but not as cold, no bites. Went down river to the Ben Howard area and finally hooked a small bright hen, about a 5-pound brat. I must of hiked 8 miles in my 5mm for that one fish. That was my first bite for me this winter out of 4 trips so far on the Sky, dissapointing. Talked to other boats going by and none of the boats confessed to having any fish.

Fished Saturday for a couple of hours on the Sky and no bites.

I hope others are doing better than me.

Keep your hooks sharp!
Bobber Down

"It makes no sense to regulate salmon habitat on land while allowing thousands of yards of gill nets to be stretched across salmon habitat in the water"

John Carlson, Gubernatorial Contender, Sept. 2000 speech at the Ballard Locks

#101401 - 12/26/00 01:28 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
Hairball Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Lynnwood

#101402 - 12/26/00 11:44 PM Re: Any news from the Sky?
Griz Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, WA, USA
12/26 We've been hooking fish every trip the last 2 weeks. We've been working hard for the fish so far, have not seen much else.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 360 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |