Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101707 - 12/23/00 06:54 PM Re: Kalama
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
You know you may be correct about the bragging thing, but the competitiveness in a person shall never die. After you have caught over 1000 steelhead you must set up competitions with yourself and others to make it more interesting. When we who brag go fishing it's not if we caught a fish it's how many!! No hard feelings to anyone who is not competitive but for those who think braggers don't catch fish, WAKE UP. If you don't beleive it come watch and see!! Or cough up a couple of pennies and challenge!
Keith - KEEP SMILING AND CATCH FISH

------------------

#101708 - 12/23/00 07:11 PM Re: Kalama
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
I feel absolutely no reason to compete with anyone, no matter how many fish I've landed, be it 100, 1000 or 10,000. I go fishing to have fun outdoors. There is no way I would allow some other fisherman's success (or lack thereof) to dictate whether or not I have had a good day. It's not that I think you don't catch fish. I'm sure you do, anyone who spends 275 days a year fishing ought to. It's just that all the bragging makes me want to puke! I don't like whining about it either but I had to say something.

#101709 - 12/23/00 09:19 PM Re: Kalama
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Geez guys just lett'em go at it. They are not sayin that if you lose the competition that your going to have a bad day brah. If you have a bad day because of that then ya taking it a little serious. You just gotta take the good natured ribbing from BK and I'll bet he even has pictures of the whole thing hehehehe. Got out have a couple of beers afterwards and talk about how ya did or didn't do.

Tight lines

Kevin

Its all just for fun

#101710 - 12/23/00 09:55 PM Re: Kalama
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Remember bragging is one thing and reporting is another... If he who reads a report and calls it a lie, he is the one that is incompetent and lacks the ability to learn more and better themselves. It's time to step out of the comfort zone and ante up!!! ANY TAKERS??? HA HA

------------------

#101711 - 12/23/00 10:07 PM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Wow......you guys are nuts.....and jump down someones throat at any chance! My original post was discreet! I said YUP. My second post I gave a report.......NO BRAGGING. It was until minute man Fish master...baiter call BS that I typed a post over 2 sentances. So I'm sorry for the BS report, I won't leave anymore. I'll keep the glory to myself and not try to help someone else out. Minus my good friends.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#101712 - 12/23/00 11:05 PM Re: Kalama
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
ok stlhder1, my curiosity's got the best of me.you said you were a young buck,how old is that, if you don't mind me asking.1000 steelhead,thats impressive.keep after em.good luck and merry christmas.momma says i can't fish on christmas. but i'll be back at er the rest of the week.

#101713 - 12/23/00 11:25 PM Re: Kalama
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Playboy mansion
Hey, Stlhdr1, I was a bragging young 25 year old like yourself once. That was a long time ago, something like, oh, last month. I know what you mean about putting the hurt to a lot of steelies as I used to fish, fish, and fish. I have a hell of a lot of steelhead under my belt. Since I went back to college it has put a serious dent in my fishing time. My girlfriend never complains about fishing and rarely keeps me from going. It's the hours and hours of homework that tie me down.

I am a fierce competitor when on the water, but it depends on who is with me. If it's some of my heavy hitter steelhead fishin' buddies, then I am going to outfish them, period. If it's somebody brand new to steelheading or somebody who has not caught many, then I'll work my tail off to get them a fish. Most of the time when I'm pulling plugs I let the guys in the front grab whichever rod gets a takedown. No worries as I will be driftfishin' the next hole and I'll get a chance to hook one for myself. I have a lot of days on the water where I let my guests catch all the fish and hand my rod off when I hook one. Doesn't bother me as long as the recipient is happy and appreciative.

I think it's ok to brag and compete as long as you're in the company of those who can withstand it as they will dish it out too. I am like you, stlhdr1 when it comes to other boats on the river. I don't care who gets in front of me as I have a killer success rate when it comes to batting cleanup. Much like you, there are people out there that have a secret weapon or two.

I would like to challenge you, BK, and any other guys in the mid twenties age group. Let's see what ya'll are made of before we take on the veterans and get creamed. To keep it fair it would have to be the best two out of three: One day on your home river, one day on mine, and one day on a new river that no of us have ever fished. Fair enough? If you win, then "you da man" and vice versa.

I absolutely love fishing with people that can outfish me as I will never know it all and still have so much to learn.

Justin
CEO, Sauk River Steelhead Ranch

[This message has been edited by SAUKit2em (edited 12-23-2000).]

#101714 - 12/23/00 11:55 PM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Sounds like fun to me! Thats the type of fishermen I like to surround myself by, slayers! I try to never be closed minded because there is soooooo much to learn. In the game of salmon and steelhead nobody knows it all. Sounds like we should all get together and have some fun competition. Where and when?

Vision Pro Staff

#101715 - 12/24/00 12:05 AM Re: Kalama
buzzerbaby Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Longview, WA
hey BK how about letting a 32 y/o bank fisherman who only gets out 6-10 days a month join you. I fish mainly floats so I can catch the pocket water and snaggy runs for you. I may not have "1000" fish under my belt but I can hold my own.

#101716 - 12/24/00 12:25 AM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

If for some REAL CRAZY reason my fishin' bud cant go. I'd like to take you out(even though I hate floats unless they are a absolute must) but I really only like fishing 2 people. Things get crowded quick when you have 2 guys trying to side drift up front. Hes 23. Maybe we can hook up some time though. I pretty much always have a full boat though.

Vision Pro Staff

#101717 - 12/24/00 01:18 AM Re: Kalama
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
Well let me know who the winner is and call me...lol

Peace Out...Hohwaiian a.k.a. Steelhead Shihan

#101718 - 12/24/00 01:27 AM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Hoh you should get in on the gig. I've seen you with some HOGS from bouy10 but not the steelies. I know ya get em' too, I know you well enough. But lets see some steelies get the club! LOL Hoh call he I lost your # or leave on E-mail

Vision Pro Staff

#101719 - 12/24/00 01:38 AM Re: Kalama
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Hey, BK, how about a little Canadian river fishing coompetition and then we can see who can pick up the hottest babe? I usually go fishing for babes with one friend but I could be talked into bringin' more. We just have to find where they're stacked. Peace

Justin

#101720 - 12/24/00 01:58 AM Re: Kalama
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

You know I'm all in Saukit2em. That would be great you guys pick the three rivers cause there aren't many I haven't fished in my life. By the way I am 25 and my fishing partner the one for the derby is 24. So we're all right in the same age class, not something you see a lot (fisherman with a clue). Let's do this soon. It totally excites me. I know BK is in on it and anyone else is welcome.

------------------

#101721 - 12/24/00 02:30 AM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Maybe the 3rd river will have to be the Vedder, we could go line a few at the bars after a great day lettin' nates go. Heres one "you wash those pants in windex, cause I can see myself in em'" Or Portlands got a few hotties, and some great strip bars if its a slow night. Maybe the clack or sandy! Well lets make it happen.

[This message has been edited by BK (edited 12-23-2000).]

Vision Pro Staff

#101722 - 12/24/00 12:31 PM Re: Kalama
that guy Offline
Fry

Loc: lacey
bk are you the guy who lost his anchor in the tail of beginners hole. that was classic but you got you wish. i saw you guys nail 5 or 6 against the rock wall. have you figured out those pumphouse fish. i havent got a chance to fish them yet. someone is always chucking heavy gear or parking a boat on top. sorry about being defensive about beginers hole its just fustrating when your on the bank catching fish and people think there at blue creek and fish over the top of you with heavy gear and spook the fish. but i must admit i like catching more fish of the rock they were on. i swicthed to a bait caster just so i would attract more guys buy a singing coffee grinder.

#101723 - 12/24/00 01:02 PM Re: Kalama
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Maybe we should include the island, we could go fish the stamp, then fish at the bars in town I know that there were some hot chicks there!!

------------------

#101724 - 12/24/00 02:53 PM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Ya, that was me who lost my anchor . Thank god Denny was home putting up X-mass lights because he owns about every tool known to man. So we got the anchor free . That was a helleva day we landed 5 right there and 7 more on the way to modrow. With all this high water the fish probably wont be as stacked down there. Which guy are you? Were you fishing floats? I saw someone put a nice chromer in the net, then back out. The net man must have felt like a real j@ckass. Anyways, say hi next time.

Vision Pro Staff

#101725 - 12/24/00 05:43 PM Re: Kalama
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

I was already warned that BK is a helluva good fisherman and I'm sure that stlhdr1 is pretty damn good too. I don't see it as a threat but a good challenge. I am humble enough and tough enough to take a good a$$ whoopin' by you guys if that's what happens. Should be fun and I have already had a flood of e-mails from guys on the board beggin' me to outfish the s**t out of you guys because they think you deserve it. I am not going to take sides as I want to keep this fun and meet some hardcores like you two addicts in the process. I have money to burn but I think we should do it just for bragging rights and the loser can buy the beer at the bar that night if we go out prospecting for honeys.

I am going to float a local river with Mom and Dad for Christmas. That's what I call spending time with the family!!

Happy Holidays
Justin

Happy Holidays

#101726 - 12/25/00 02:00 AM Re: Kalama
that guy Offline
Fry

Loc: lacey
bk i was the jack@ss that lost my buddies fish but i did manage to net three more for him with my trout net he got a 15lb and 12lb and i got a 10 lb and 11lb. i hooked three and he hooked 7. that was a great day. i will say hi bext time

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (stonefish, steely slammer, 20 Gage, 1 invisible), 235 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645379 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |