Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1026874 - 03/25/20 07:44 PM Washington closed to fishing
deadly Offline
Fry

The WDFW just closed down fishing and shellfishing in Washington state for a minimum of 2 weeks starting tonight at midnight.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/covid-19-updates

Edited by deadly (03/25/20 07:46 PM)

#1026890 - 03/25/20 08:46 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Yes, but only recreational fishing. Commercial fishing continues on. I noticed that the WDFW announcements omitted this detail.......

I'm very tolerant of WDFW but this one really hits a sore spot.

I have an emailed copy of the letter from WDFW to the Gov outlining this. But I'm not sure how to upload it so the folks on this BB can see it. Any help would be appreciated.

#1026904 - 03/26/20 08:34 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

The powers that be got just what they wanted all along, recs off the water. No more "Nuisance Steelheaders" to deal with. Commercials and tribes still fishing under the guise of food providers. I see the NW Derby Series got their biggest front end derbies in. Imagine that! No new WA fishing license for me & my family. OR fisheries, other than the CR, remain open. With my time off OR here I come.

#1026908 - 03/26/20 09:26 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Dang! And I just ordered my new fishing license online two days ago, thinking I'd need it during the first week of April.

#1026924 - 03/26/20 12:38 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
IF YOU THINK A TEMPORARY FISHING CLOSURE IS BAD...JUST WAIT!

It's amazing to see all the anger and outrage because fishing is closed on a temporary basis for sport fishermen. Tribes are sovereign nations and DO NOT have to follow the State rules. They can fish if they want.

Sportsmen and Women are outraged about the temporary closure, but don't think about the closures that have been increasing every year for the past several years as a result of the tribes having leverage over WDFW in the secret North of Falcon Meetings.

YOU WILL EVENTUALY SEE PERMINANT CLOSURES FOR RECREATIONAL ANGLERS VERY NEAR IN THE FUTURE. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE HARVEST AGREEMENTS ARE IN SECRET. LIKE THE FROG IN THE POT OF COLD WATER...WE ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING AND WILL SOON BOIL TO DEATH.

Last night at the WDFW Teleconference outlining Puget sound fisheries, WDFW said, "we still need to figure this all out with the Co-managers"

WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT MEANS? THEY DO THIS BEHIND LOCK DOORS, AND IF THE TRIBES WON'T AGREE, THEY WALK OUT OR STALL AND WE DON'T GET ANY PERMITS!

And yet, not a single person bothered to call in and voice a concern about it. NOT A SINGLE PERSON!

So, a temporary closure is upsetting. But where is the outrage about the slow and methodical reduction we see every year...with the goal, ultimately to take recreational fishermen off the water completely?

#1026957 - 03/26/20 05:58 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Just in case you guys up north see someone out fishing.

Lummi Nation Shelter in place order

#1026965 - 03/26/20 07:45 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: Bay wolf]
JustBecause Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I wish you would quit co-opting every G-damned turn of events into some rational for you to keep banging this freakin’ drum!

#1026967 - 03/26/20 07:54 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: JustBecause]
Priority2 Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: JustBecause
I wish you would quit co-opting every G-damned turn of events into some rational for you to keep banging this freakin’ drum!

How is he co-opting ?
Banging what drum ?

Please explain why you have a problem with this information?

#1026968 - 03/26/20 07:58 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
"I don't want to sleep, I just want to bang on my drum all day..."

Bang away, Bay Wolf...BANG AWAY!!!

#1026969 - 03/26/20 07:58 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: Priority2]
JustBecause Offline
Juvenile at Sea

What drum?! Have you not read any of this forum for like the last 5 f’n years?!

This particular closure is related to the pandemic, not the freakin’ co-management!

#1026970 - 03/26/20 08:08 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: JustBecause]
Priority2 Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: JustBecause
What drum?! Have you not read any of this forum for like the last 5 f’n years?!

This particular closure is related to the pandemic, not the freakin’ co-management!

Make sure you add "in my personal biased opinion"
To the end of ALL of your statements!

One of the safest places to be right now is on your boat or on a river or lake. Have you seen people standing together in groups fishing?
I have seen them standing in a single file line outside of the pot shop, at the grocery store, etc.

#1026971 - 03/26/20 08:31 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
riverdick Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: around the next bend
Where do we submit for forgone opertunity?

Will my license be prorated for losses opportunity since I bought it with the understanding that I would be able to fish 365 days + FEB29th of my 2019-2020 season?

All this aside we all need to make sacrifices to rid this global epidemic!

#1026987 - 03/26/20 11:19 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Guided trips down the crik or salty 6 packs violate what we are trying to accomplish here. Lots of sickly dudes driving all over the state and spreading it out on the OP & Coast is not an optimal situation. Motels, restaurants, gas stations & guides. They have small hospitals, limited staff, beds and provisions - both PPE and food. WDFW Officers, EMT's & local LE in harms way. Consuming valuable resources unnecessarily and needlessly. For what? This is bigger than any hobby and yes it sucks for everyone. I was supposed to be out there for 4 days right now - but guess what I'm doing?

#stayingthefvckhome.

Seriously. Just let some Tribes & Cowboys fish. Who cares? If they get sick because they can't abide, then oh well - more future fish for us.

Fishing for fun is the about the last thing we should be focusing on right now. I really don't care about anyone's hurt fees fees because they can't catch little fishies in their cute boaties. Go sew a mask for a nurse.

I'm not gonna sit here in my house for as long as it takes - doing my part to flatten the societal curve, just so some selfish, greedy jerks can galivant around with their little fishy rods and ruin it for everyone else. No different than Springbreakers in my mind. Me, me, me. So yeah, grow up and #staythefvckhome.

Edited by NickD90 (03/26/20 11:21 PM)

#1026988 - 03/26/20 11:36 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
bhudda Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: S River central
Nick you are completely correct in your analogy of how selfish acts will prolong this domino effect. Every response to a recreational first- aid situation takes away from precious and needed medical supplies at this point. It’s not forever, but the faster “everyone” is on board, the faster we get back to life. Not the most popular opinion I’m sure but it’s what makes sense, to me. Be safe everyone.

#1026993 - 03/27/20 06:04 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Priority2 Offline
Parr

Really?
If you want to fish your a cowboy?
One size does not fit all!
Social distancing of 6 feet is a common sense directive.
Go ahead and go fishing and keep your distance... simple!
You can go jogging, shoot hoops, go to the pot shop, play tennis, etc.
But dont go fishing! So Stupid!

A salty 6 pack? a guided trip down the crik? Causing havoc?
So people that like to fish dont have common sense.... ok

If your truley worried about covid-19 transmission focus on all the homeless congregating together. Traveling up and down international boulevard from Seattle to Tacoma... you know the homeless crisis that there is no rhyme or reason for except for the liberal logic that created it! With the best economy in decades, lowest unemployment, we have a homless crisis?
I should say homless industry worth hundreds of millions $$
Let's not talk about that on the local news.....

Edited by Priority2 (03/27/20 06:41 AM)

#1026994 - 03/27/20 07:59 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
NickD90 Offline

You are missing the point entirely and thus part of the problem. It's attitudes like your own which cause us to not have nice things.

First, "cowboy" is slang for NT commercial fishermen. They are providing food for the masses (considered an essential job function).

Second, any guided sport boat violates close contact. Can you show me a drift boat that allows for the minimum 6 foot distance? Do you want your favorite guide or captain to get sick? Do you want your friends on board to get sick? Do you want anyone in Forks or Westport to get sick? Those towns can't handle it.

Third, fishing requires enforcement which brings officers into close contact with others. It requires boat launches to be maintained. Restrooms to be cleaned. Buying gas for the boat exposes store workers. Same with food and fishing gear. Motels and maids and desk clerks. You don't exist in a vacuum.

Lastly, parks, trails, campgrounds, beaches are all shut down. Where are many boat launches located? Inside community parks. Who takes care of those parks? Shooting hoops? C'mon.

You are not a unique and special snowflake just because you want to go fishing. The virus doesn't care if you own a home or live under an overpass. No hobby is worth potentially taking the life of others.

The faster everyone gets this through their heads and #staysthefvckhome, the faster we can get through this and back to our normal lives. Don't be selfish and a part of the problem. Be a good citizen to your fellow man and a part of the solution.

Fishing can wait. It'll be OK....I promise.

Edited by NickD90 (03/27/20 08:10 AM)

#1026995 - 03/27/20 08:03 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: NickD90]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Guided trips down the crik or salty 6 packs violate what we are trying to accomplish here. Lots of sickly dudes driving all over the state and spreading it out on the OP & Coast is not an optimal situation. Motels, restaurants, gas stations & guides. They have small hospitals, limited staff, beds and provisions - both PPE and food. WDFW Officers, EMT's & local LE in harms way. Consuming valuable resources unnecessarily and needlessly. For what? This is bigger than any hobby and yes it sucks for everyone. I was supposed to be out there for 4 days right now - but guess what I'm doing?

#stayingthefvckhome.

Seriously. Just let some Tribes & Cowboys fish. Who cares? If they get sick because they can't abide, then oh well - more future fish for us.

Fishing for fun is the about the last thing we should be focusing on right now. I really don't care about anyone's hurt fees fees because they can't catch little fishies in their cute boaties. Go sew a mask for a nurse.

I'm not gonna sit here in my house for as long as it takes - doing my part to flatten the societal curve, just so some selfish, greedy jerks can galivant around with their little fishy rods and ruin it for everyone else. No different than Springbreakers in my mind. Me, me, me. So yeah, grow up and #staythefvckhome.

+1

#1027006 - 03/27/20 09:26 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: NickD90]
Priority2 Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: NickD90
You are missing the point entirely and thus part of the problem. It's attitudes like your own which cause us to not have nice things.

First, "cowboy" is slang for NT commercial fishermen. They are providing food for the masses (considered an essential job function).

Second, any guided sport boat violates close contact. Can you show me a drift boat that allows for the minimum 6 foot distance? Do you want your favorite guide or captain to get sick? Do you want your friends on board to get sick? Do you want anyone in Forks or Westport to get sick? Those towns can't handle it.

Third, fishing requires enforcement which brings officers into close contact with others. It requires boat launches to be maintained. Restrooms to be cleaned. Buying gas for the boat exposes store workers. Same with food and fishing gear. Motels and maids and desk clerks. You don't exist in a vacuum.

Lastly, parks, trails, campgrounds, beaches are all shut down. Where are many boat launches located? Inside community parks. Who takes care of those parks? Shooting hoops? C'mon.

You are not a unique and special snowflake just because you want to go fishing. The virus doesn't care if you own a home or live under an overpass. No hobby is worth potentially taking the life of others.

The faster everyone gets this through their heads and #staysthefvckhome, the faster we can get through this and back to our normal lives. Don't be selfish and a part of the problem. Be a good citizen to your fellow man and a part of the solution.

Fishing can wait. It'll be OK....I promise.

Absolutely NOT missing your point! Your narrow vision is the problem.
Comen sense.... if a fishing trip violates the close contact order then dont do it Da... you trust people to go to the hardware store but not go fishing?
.. I never touch anything at boat ramps, I can come and go with no service provided and always do just that... if you follow the guidelines you will be just fine just as if your going to the hardware store, Starbucks, auto parts store. All are considered vital... enforcement can wear masks, gloves, just like the cashier at the grocery.....
Stupid one size fits all mentality... dont assume honest people will break the rules or laws.... kind of speaks volumes on how you think

#1027009 - 03/27/20 09:38 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
I live on a river and I can't even fish off my own property. I find that ridiculous as far as putting anyone at risk of transmitting a virus.

What I'm wondering is if the folks living on golf courses are still allowed to play. Or are golf courses even closed? Anyone know?

#1027013 - 03/27/20 09:41 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
NickD90 Offline

No - I get it Priority2. You are special and the rules don't apply to you. Sport fishing, like selling food, beverages and new hot water heaters is clearly an essential service. The state, our healthcare systems, most of our population and myself are clearly wrong. You are right so go ahead and pat yourself on the back and head out to the local crick.

Priority2 is a fitting name since all of your priorities are clearly what's most important. I have narrow vision? That's rich, when I'm considering the entire bigger societal picture, including your own loved ones (if you have any). No my friend, it is not I that have "narrow vision". It's you that does and your infantile need to catch a fish when people are dying and more could die because you just had to go galivant around the state for your hobby.

You are making a fantastic first impression on the board. I welcome and look forward to your future compelling & insightful contributions.

Edited by NickD90 (03/27/20 09:54 AM)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |