THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1027486 - 04/02/20 12:21 PM Thousands support licenses sale boycott!
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Thousands of Washington State recreational fishermen are joining in a temporary boycott of fishing license sales. "With yet another North of Falcon, with its public prohibition on transparency, it only makes sense to delay any license purchase until after the public gets to see what deals WDFW were coerced to accept in order to get any fishing for recreational fishermen."

With fishing shut down, why not delay any purchase until after the List of Agreed fisheries is public? By withholding the influx of early license sales revenue, we might send a message for better transparency and equality in our fisheries management.

Licence Boycott

Open North of Falcon: License Boycott

#1027497 - 04/02/20 03:42 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Given how iffy and variable seasons seem to be now and how, personally, time to go out varies with trips and such I don't see buying either a hunting or fishing license until I am sure that I will be going.

The days when "I know" that I'll be able to do that hunt or pursue that fishery are gone.

#1027500 - 04/02/20 04:42 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
Terry Roth Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vashon
I’ll put my puny shoulder to the wheel, and buy a Canadian license instead.

#1027504 - 04/02/20 06:02 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
bobrr
Unregistered

[quote=Bay wolf]Thousands of Washington State recreational fishermen are joining in a temporary boycott of fishing license sales.

Licence Boycott
How can "thousands" of Wa. fishermen be boycotting something that is not being sold? And how many tens of thousands will buy them as soon as we are able to buy licenses and go fishing?

Edited by bobrr (04/02/20 06:03 PM)

#1027506 - 04/02/20 06:34 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: ]
Brent K Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Arlington, Washington
I will be waiting to see if there are any fisheries that I want to take part in. Like the Stillaguamish being open for cutthroat trout fishing this summer. If I knew they were going to open the Skagit C&R fishery I would definitely buy my license.

#1027507 - 04/02/20 06:38 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Terry Roth]
rojoband Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Terry Roth
I’ll put my puny shoulder to the wheel, and buy a Canadian license instead.

Go for it. They closed more than WA the last few years so if you think it’ll be better up there this year good luck.

#1027508 - 04/02/20 07:50 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
who needs a license?

#1027578 - 04/03/20 09:15 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: fish4brains]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tumwater
I agree, I might get a shellfish license. I'll head to Oregon for smallmouth (maybe?), and later to B.C. this summer for a quality trip in the saltwater. I really don't feel guilty about catching our fish up there since our spineless politicians won't do a hard negotiation to get them back to our waters.

#1027579 - 04/03/20 09:17 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tumwater
Baywolf,

Fabulous letter to the editor in THE REEL NEWS this month. Points our problems that few know about. Don't give up the ship!

#1027580 - 04/03/20 09:41 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park

#1027587 - 04/03/20 10:25 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: stonefish]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

I think the director is being a bit optimistic in the article. When this virus thing ends ( and it will ) the loss of state revenue now and for several years to come as things recover is going to be monumental. I really doubt that WDFW's current manner of operating will survive as it is not going to be a priority agency. Just sayin.

#1027592 - 04/03/20 11:58 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...

The WDFW money grab, needs to be shut off. WDFW fat cats need to take a salary reduction until the States fish and wild life are up to the standards of years past. Its absolutely crazy to have the "chopped up fishing seasons" and WDFW continue to operate with a full budget......and then want more........grrrrrrrrrr

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1027602 - 04/04/20 09:17 AM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
You old guys act like there is no fishing left. Get over it things change. Your license is still the cheapest part of fishing.

#1027603 - 04/04/20 09:34 AM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Deerlick,

Sure, we older anglers know there is still a lot of fishing opportunity left. However, compared to what was available not so very long ago, it does amount to practically no fishing opportunity. These days we think it's a big deal if Grays Harbor gets a coho return of 30,000. But 35 years ago the average return was closer to 300,000. That's kind of a significant difference, ya' know?

Sg

#1027610 - 04/04/20 10:04 AM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: deerlick]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: deerlick
You old guys act like there is no fishing left. Get over it things change. Your license is still the cheapest part of fishing.

You young guys act like losing opportunities, harvest and time on the water is no big deal. As long as you get to fish somewhere for something, sometime.

Believe me, in a few years you too will be pissed because the little fishing you used to enjoy has all but disappeared too.

I hope when the young guys tell you, Hey you don't deserve to fish, because you didn't do anything to help, GET OVER IT, you'll understand what was lost.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#1027613 - 04/04/20 10:34 AM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Salmo, not only that the SS coho used to top a million ITSELF, Bellingham Bay had over 100,000 Chinook too. The rec catch out of Westport was in the neighborhood of 750,000 coho. Nah, we haven't lost much.

#1027617 - 04/04/20 11:14 AM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
I have not yet purchased my new license.

I was all set, couple of friends purchased the shellfish only two weeks ago. denied!

I will wait until just before, If I buy in at all this year.

#1027620 - 04/04/20 11:44 AM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: Bay wolf]
WN1A Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
We didn't lose anything, we destroyed it. Pollution and plastic in the marine waters, habitat destruction in the fresh water ecosystems, and climate change everywhere. WDFW didn't do this, all of society did and buying or not buying a license will not change it.

#1027622 - 04/04/20 12:25 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: deerlick]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: deerlick

I know there are other fisheries.....my problem is Age, 79, and bad knees.....I'd love to be able to walk in a few miles and fish in a quiet area.

I always get a kick out of public meetings......younger generation people throw up ideas on, "no boats in certain areas" or want "drift boats only".....I loved it when I was younger, 50 years ago, very few drift boats on any of the rivers in Grays Harbor and very few sleds.......I did the walk bit, then the drift boat, now jet boat......oh, I still drive to certain areas, and carefully walk down the bank.....then pray, not many others there.....and now its hope there isn't a drift boat or two......

You'll all be there some day, age wise----as Salmo g., Carcassman, WN1A, Slabhunter, and many others know.......best future fishing seasons really will be nothing compared to the "old days"

I'd pay thousands more for a license....if I could take 50 - 60 years off my age..

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1027625 - 04/04/20 01:55 PM Re: Thousands support licenses sale boycott! [Re: WN1A]
Get Bent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Vashon/Grayland
WN1A it appears that age has not effected your clarity of thought thank you for your input that’s spot on. Why so many continually put the blame on fisheries management or specific user groups is beyond me. I’ll still be buying my license as usual and enjoying any opportunity available.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |