Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1028060 - 04/14/20 07:13 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: Smalma]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Sounds like you know exactly where im at Curt. Lake Marcel was man made something like 80 years ago. A small stream does feed it and it does have natural cutthroat living in it. The lake is open year around. Crazy thing to me is folks can take the same boat i can out in the lake still, kayakers, swimmers whatever and you just cant drop a line in the water now. I can honestly say this is the first time in atleast 15 maybe more years i have seen a game warden. Folks in our community just as a rule respect the resource and again pretty rare anyone fishes anyway. My back yard is quite literally the lake and i cant let my kids fish when there is a massive shortage of recreation available.

I build boats for a living and quite alot for all sorts of agencies. Spoke with Montana Fish and Game a few days ago and they said they were taking the opposite approach in that they are encouraging people to get out and fish to get some recreation and peace to keep their sanity. Of course theres alot less people and more space...

Edited by cobble cruiser (04/14/20 07:15 AM)

#1028061 - 04/14/20 07:19 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

By the way if i remember before the dam we have now, there was a natural earthen dam that was impassable for fish. When i was a kid i remember them installing the first rendition of the dam.

#1028063 - 04/14/20 09:28 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: cobble cruiser]
AcidAngler
Unregistered

I live in the most populated state in the union and we are allowed to fish. You guys in Washington got hosed.

#1028065 - 04/14/20 09:35 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

206ers from behind.

#1028072 - 04/14/20 10:11 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
FleaFlickr02 Online   content
River Nutrients

There are some arguments made for the closure that seem pretty legit, but the fact that our neighbors are all still allowing fishing, I'm not so sure they are all that legit. Indeed, it seems we're getting hosed.

#1028079 - 04/14/20 11:13 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Brent K Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Arlington, Washington
"I work for the government and I'm here to help." Is that how the saying goes?

It seems simple to me. Leave all the monitored fisheries closed to keep social distancing and open everything else. When 49 other states disagree with you, it probably isn't those 49 states that are wrong.

#1028083 - 04/14/20 11:37 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Lifter99 Offline
Returning Adult

Gov Inslee has received a lot of praise from around the nation on how well he has handled the pandemic here in WA state. Maybe he is trying for another run at the presidency. I just think it is a little strange that I can walk around my neighborhood and walk past people but I can't fish on a lake, stream or the salt water where social distancing (6 ft.apart) is much less of a problem. Now that the governors of CA, OR and WA are forming a joint plan to handle the reopening of the states, it will be interesting to see what the plan is.

#1028085 - 04/14/20 11:50 AM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
My opinion is that I wish fishing and hunting was open, as I am really missing out on both right now.

That being said...let's at least be honest about what's happening here. It's not about getting too close to someone in the boat, or rubbing shoulders with someone at a hatchery hole.

It's about the 95% of the fishermen in our state that live in areas that are heavy with Covid-19 traveling to the rest of the state that is not, and bringing the virus with us there.

Those areas also have shitt for hospitals, doctors, and ability to deal with any significant outbreaks.

The unfortunate truth is that people suck, and will travel to those areas and be irresponsible when they do, and it's impossible to just stop the idiots, or to stop them from being idiots...so closing fishing and hunting does the next best thing.

Really, at the end of the day, as much as this sucks...is someone who dies because a fisherman driving to Forks from Everett brings Covid-19 with them really a fair price to pay for your recreation?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1028087 - 04/14/20 12:08 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

You don't think it has anything to do with all the WDFW employees not being present in their 98501 concrete bunkers during normal business hours??

Hell without them working who would initiate the emergency closures that WDFW is so fond of??

Obviously enforcement is still working.

Crazy times.

Be well Todd.

#1028093 - 04/14/20 01:07 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
If I had a private pond stocked with private fish, paid for with private monies via private HOA dues, I'd simply fish and dare someone to ticket me. While lawsuits are a mega pain in the rear to deal with, that's a slam dunk win and at the very minimum, prorated refunded HOA dues and a dismissed ticket. I guess it depends on how much pain in the rear I was willing to become AND also deal with (plus make enemies out of your HOA or WDFW - which is always a nice bonus).

I guess maybe I wouldn't fish after all. Seems like too much hassle and work for some 8" ditch pickles. IDK.

#1028094 - 04/14/20 01:11 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: ]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
Originally Posted By: AcidAngler
You guys in Washington got hosed.

I'm guessing the 950 criminals that Dimslee's releasing from prison because he doesn't want them getting sick are pretty happy. Surely they'll be model citizens for social distancing, etc.

#1028095 - 04/14/20 01:13 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: NickD90]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: NickD90
If I had a private pond stocked with private fish, paid for with private monies via private HOA dues, I'd simply fish and dare someone to ticket me. While lawsuits are a mega pain in the rear to deal with, that's a slam dunk win and at the very minimum, prorated refunded HOA dues and a dismissed ticket. I guess it depends on how much pain in the rear I was willing to become AND also deal with (plus make enemies out of your HOA or WDFW - which is always a nice bonus).

I guess maybe I wouldn't fish after all. Seems like too much hassle and work for some 8" ditch pickles. IDK.

Kinda where im at... even if it makes zero sense.

I do understand Todds point about all the travel albeit it really sucks to think about feeling trapped its others safety we shoukd all consider. Now... just open my private lake back up cuz no bozos traveling to fish here anyway!!! wink

#1028099 - 04/14/20 01:45 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Dem 206ers is stocking brown trout in da porcelain everyday.

Next thing you know whooooosh and they is all migrating toward the sound.

#1028101 - 04/14/20 01:47 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Lifter99 Offline
Returning Adult

Releasing 950 criminals. Now that is a scary thought. Murderers , sexual predator crimes and whatever else. that is almost as scary as the disease itself. Yes Todd, I agree there are idiots. It ruins it for the people who do practice pandemic mitigation. Testing, testing testing is the answer to eventually opening things back up again.

#1028107 - 04/14/20 02:54 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's actually going to be 950 non-violent offenders, so most likely recreational drug users...and is the result of a Supreme Court case on behalf of prisoners with compromised immune systems, not the willy nilly result of Inslee just deciding to let them out.

Sounds way cooler that way, though.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1028109 - 04/14/20 03:38 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
It’s amazing to us, that there is a huge outcry from the recreational community about a temporary closure, yet year after year Rec’s keep losing in the North of Falcon. If half the people who are DEMANDING that fishing be opened would work on fixing the secret meetings and the permitting issue we could make a lasting difference for the good in our sport.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#1028115 - 04/14/20 05:19 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: Bay wolf]
Get Bent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Vashon/Grayland
BoomBoomBoom. He just can’t help himself.

I think the reason I brought this back to the top again was to point out that Alaska and Oregon say it’s OK to fish in your own back yard. Oregon did however have issues with people traveling and left it up to local jurisdictions to make the call. Seems a reasonable compromise. Stam’s absolutely right however we all suck.

#1028120 - 04/14/20 07:03 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: Get Bent]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: Get Bent
BoomBoomBoom. He just can’t help himself.

"Boom" As one sport fishing advisory board summed it up, “the closures represent a loss of approximately 24 area-months to sport fishing opportunity compared to last year, the most restricted fishery in history.”

"Boom"“It was a tough year and no one is going to have a good fishing season,” said Kelly Susewind, the WDFW Director.

"Boom"I’ve been fishing since I was little. It is part of my blood to be able to do this, so I’m going to do everything on our part to make sure we are able to get these things fixed and get back to fishing the way it was. You can count on me not to give up. I’m not throwing up a white flag,” vowed Mark Yuasa of the Northwest Marine Trade Association

I'll keep beating the drum BOOM, BOOM, BOOM because it's just that important.

UNTIL THE REC COMMUNITY DRAWS A LINE IN THE SAND AS SAYS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WE WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE ON A PERMANENT BASES UNTIL ALL REC FISHING IS CLOSED FOREVER...

#1028123 - 04/14/20 07:27 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
Lifter99 Offline
Returning Adult

Baywolf, I love your passion but with the tribes having all the power it is a very difficult situation.

#1028124 - 04/14/20 07:27 PM Re: Washington closed to fishing [Re: deadly]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
I'm all for ranting and raving about the lost opportunities the WA sportsman feel they have been singled out for the last month or so, on the premise of curbing the transmission of the virus. BUT, with the weather getting better and school (or lack thereof) being "remote" for all the kid's, people are going to want to travel!

Fast forward another month while changing a couple of keywords in Todd's prior comment and I see sense another demographic affected as well: "fisherman" to "tourist/vacationers" and "Forks" to "Chelan". I suspect Dimslee is going to have a Hell of a lot more people pissed at him than just the hunting and fishing crowd I'd imagine?

...."It's about the 95% of the tourist/vacationers in our state that live in areas that are heavy with Covid-19 traveling to the rest of the state that is not, and bringing the virus with us there.

Those areas also have shitt for hospitals, doctors, and ability to deal with any significant outbreaks.

The unfortunate truth is that people suck, and will travel to those areas and be irresponsible when they do, and it's impossible to just stop the idiots, or to stop them from being idiots...so closing traveling/vacations does the next best thing.

Really, at the end of the day, as much as this sucks...is someone who dies because a tourist driving to Chelan from Everett brings Covid-19 with them really a fair price to pay for your recreation?"

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |