Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: DBS
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
What job ?

Evo? Is that you?

da fook

- Albert Einstein.

#1034504 - 07/15/20 08:49 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Here's my philosophy about work and the advice I gave to my sons when they asked what to major in.

Choose something you love to do and can make a living at...or, choose something you can tolerate and make a shitton of money at and at 4:30pm you can commence bodacious happiness.

#1034505 - 07/15/20 09:12 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Far too many people get themselves locked into a job they hate for barely adequate money.

Most jobs aren't bad, but the boss can make even a great job he!!

#1034506 - 07/15/20 09:39 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: ondarvr]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

I have been a licensed contractor for 8 years and have been in the trades for 25,my particular trade for almost 20. I like what I do enough when things are good,and want to light [Bleeeeep!] on fire when it's not. I like the freedom it affords me, and I make decent enough money to tell people what to do. Works for me . I'm 47 and if I could retire tomorrow I would. Other than money,work is overrated.

#1034509 - 07/15/20 10:04 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: DBS]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Originally Posted By: ondarvr

Plus, find the job that pays the most, with the least amount of responsibilities. Anybody can collect responsibilities in the workplace and not get paid for it.

This requires a certain amount of under performing on purpose to not be promoted to a position with more responsibilities and headaches.

See? That's the way you do it. Who the hell wants to be the boss when you can be a happy worker bee making almost as much?

+1

I make just about as much money now in my new job (roughly $.50 an hour less) and don’t have near the responsibilities, headaches or stress. One of the best moves I’ve ever made.

#1034511 - 07/15/20 10:15 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: ArvidBarker
I'm 47 and if I could retire tomorrow I would. Other than money,work is overrated.

Right there with you. We only get one go around on this big blue marble and spending 1/3 of it at work blows.

FU Money.

NSFW

#1034512 - 07/15/20 10:24 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
NickD90 Offline

BTW - I must congratulate War Paint on his finding of the topical holy grail that should prevent Evo from posting. Kryptonite has been discovered.

But as with all things Evo, I'm sure he'll be here soon enough to find something retarded to argue about.

Evojuice!
Evojuice!
Evojuice!

#1034513 - 07/15/20 10:40 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: NickD90]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: NickD90
BTW - I must congratulate War Paint on his finding of the topical holy grail that should prevent Evo from posting. Kryptonite has been discovered.

But as with all things Evo, I'm sure he'll be here soon enough to find something retarded to argue about.

Evojuice!
Evojuice!
Evojuice!

Why would an auto, tackle, gun, and diamond syndicate care wtf you have to say? Check your blindside, evo’s a coming.

#1034517 - 07/16/20 06:44 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
Toy Boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Greenlake
I`ll toss in my 37 years 2 weeks of heave ho kryptonite.

#1034519 - 07/16/20 07:50 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
RICH G
Unregistered

I pretty much retired at 37 years old. Now I just build stuff when I want to, cut my own trees or salvage logs and saw lumber and sell some sometimes, make custom furniture/art. Carve with my chainsaw and get paid for it. Build carports, woodsheds, small houses off grid and stuff like that. When I get tired of something I stop for a while till I want to do it again.

Fished Sekiu yesterday, launched at 4:30, it was on fire till daylight then dead, we landed 3 fish and lost a bunch, biggest was 10 pounds and all were wild. Saw no keepers being netted but lots of fish released.

We were off the water by 8am, guy we brought started chumming and we had to take him in, bite was over anyways. Were gonna fish PA but rough and foggy so we bagged it.

Edited by RICH G (07/16/20 07:53 AM)

#1034520 - 07/16/20 08:22 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: RICH G
cut my own trees or salvage logs and saw lumber and sell some sometimes, make custom furniture/art. Carve with my chainsaw and get paid for it. Build carports, woodsheds, small houses off grid and stuff like that.

As a guy who was paid to investigate illegal logging and other opperations like illegal building on public and conservation lands throughout the Skagit Basin, I can tell you that this all sounds very illegal.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1034521 - 07/16/20 08:26 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Like Salmo I have worked at retired for 10 years now. That allowed us (we retired the same day) to travel, garden, take care of sick relatives, and relax. Still do some volunteer/consultation/writing as the spirit moves me. Looking back, I find that the 34 years playing with fish was interesting.

If you remember back to college, you took prerequisites before you got into the meaty courses. I couldn't understand why I took some of the stuff required for my major. But, as I progressed through a career all those threads finally wove themselves into whole cloth. I needed chem and genetics, finally. Never did need calculus, though. Is there some new job in my future where I will need that?

#1034522 - 07/16/20 08:49 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
RICH G
Unregistered

Nothing illegal about it, private property, wood products off of private land. Buildings on private land. You transport Cedar or maple in certain sizes for commercial sale you need a permit, so when you need a permit you purchase one.

Building off grid, well I only do that on property outright owned and for cash, no permits required since they are optional anyways and if you are not dealing with a bank not necessary. How do you get around health codes? Pit toilets are legal and unregulated, most counties have "zoned" them out saying there are no suitable locations for them in their jurisdiction but they don't have jurisdiction over them anyways. Pit toilet is the most environmentally safe method to process human waste and its the cheapest and most simple application. You cant do better than a pit toilet when it comes to the environment, unless you put the pit toilet in a location where the water table rises above the hole, in that case you have an environmental hazard but only when the water rises.

You can do what you want on your own land, you have to invite trouble if you want it.

#1034523 - 07/16/20 08:55 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
RICH G
Unregistered

Truth is human waste is not really dangerous, I mean you don't really want to drink or eat it but generally its not going to hurt you. Society in this country has been conditioned to fear it so it can be used as a tool of control and land management of private property.

Is a hazard placard required when hauling human waste? Nope..

What happens when there is a spill, or someone opens up their holding tank while they drive down the road? It happens more than you think, I have been to that "call" a dozen times or so as a cop. No HAZMAT crew shows up, the cops don't put up hazard tape.. No why? because its not harmful..

UV light kills 97% of the pathogens on contact, the other 3% are purified once they travel through 12 cubic inches of soil. You could literally pour your sewer pipe out into your backyard onto the grass in a 4x4 fenced square, it would stink but it would not be a hazard unless the water table rose above the surface.

Edited by RICH G (07/16/20 09:00 AM)

#1034549 - 07/16/20 10:51 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: ]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Truth is human waste is not really dangerous, I mean you don't really want to drink or eat it but generally its not going to hurt you.
Hey Rich,eat sh!t hahahah!

#1034561 - 07/16/20 11:07 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: ]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Truth is human waste is not really dangerous, I mean you don't really want to drink or eat it but generally its not going to hurt you.

Yeah, that's what you told your family just before you nearly poisoned them with bad mushrooms.

#1034636 - 07/17/20 11:47 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: DBS]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town

Yeah, that's what you told your family just before you nearly poisoned them with bad mushrooms.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. rofl

#1034643 - 07/17/20 12:52 PM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Too Faa King long today!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw this chit.

I'm going fishing right NOW!!!!!!!!!!

#1034686 - 07/18/20 09:52 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Paul Smenis]
Bent Rod Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: snohomish
November will be 42 years, 1.5 years to retirement.

#1034689 - 07/18/20 10:20 AM Re: How long have you been at your job? [Re: Bent Rod]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Bent Rod
November will be 42 years, 1.5 years to retirement.

Dang! Congrats on that achievement!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
free time, greenlayoid, Kokanee Kids, Lisa Tyree, SpinyRay
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 940 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |