Page 4 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1038965 - 10/01/20 01:18 PM Re: Governor Dimslee * [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
So, under Governor Dimslee's leadership, Boeing is yanking their Dreamliner production from Everett and heading to S.C. Our state and especially Snohomish County is going to take a huge economic hit. Maybe the Dimmer can send Boeing a box of maggot-infested apples to make it all better?

I blame Trump. If this is the greatest economy ever why are people losing jobs and unemployment is in double digits? Just like 1970 when Nixon was president and Boeing was laying off.

#1038967 - 10/01/20 01:53 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Steelheadman]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
So, under Governor Dimslee's leadership, Boeing is yanking their Dreamliner production from Everett and heading to S.C. Our state and especially Snohomish County is going to take a huge economic hit. Maybe the Dimmer can send Boeing a box of maggot-infested apples to make it all better?

I blame Trump. If this is the greatest economy ever why are people losing jobs and unemployment is in double digits? Just like 1970 when Nixon was president and Boeing was laying off.

You've got to be shitting me... Blaming Trump, the person who wants to open the economy? It "Was" a great economy then boom COVID.... It's not rocket science, you had two threats being preached. Close the economy and save lives or leave it open and people die. But, it's the liberal Governors that have restricted the most.

You have a governor here in our Liberal state that's held everyone back for months because of Covid and the restrictions. Boeing may be a big one to go, but there's countless small businesses that didn't have capital to sit and wait out the Covid/Inslee restrictions. Unless this economy opens wide, we're going to see one hell of an issue come 2021 and beyond, I don't give a [Bleeeeep!] who sits in the oval office...

Keith

#1038968 - 10/01/20 01:56 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

....speaking of spin. wink

Both those clowns need to go. Hopefully we get it right one day.

beer

#1038974 - 10/01/20 06:08 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
If only! Horrible process of choosing leaders if this is the best it can produce. (Full disclosure, I'm voting for Trump's policies over Biden's and trying to ignore all the bullsht).

So maybe this is a topic for another thread but, who would you put on the ticket given the chance?

#1038977 - 10/01/20 06:41 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: OceanSun]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: OceanSun
(Full disclosure, I'm voting for Trump's policies over Biden's

Which trump policies do you love so much?

The ones where the environment is being destroyed?

The one where he sides with Putin over our own intelligence agencies?

The rhetoric that cause our brown and black friends to be assaulted or harassed at Safeway for not being white?

The one where he cranks up the deficits when there's no great recession?

The policies where he encourages white supremacists to interfere with our elections? Or asking foreign governments to interfere?

Or policies that promote Q anon?

How about the policy of lying to America about the severity of Covid, which has caused many more deaths than had to be.

Jeez.

#1038979 - 10/01/20 07:49 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
6.7 trillion in new debt, and yet the economy's in shambles.

A trade war with China.

Farm bankruptcies at an all-time high.

A trillion dollar deficit BEFORE the covid outbreak.

Yeah - nice policies.

Derp.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1038987 - 10/01/20 08:26 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: OceanSun]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

[quote=OceanSun] (Full disclosure, I'm voting for Trump's policies over Biden's and trying to ignore all the bullsht).

So you're retarded.

#1038992 - 10/01/20 08:50 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Just FYI - both Moody's Analytics and Goldman Sachs say the market will perform better under Biden than under Trump.

Evo may dispute their findings.

#1038997 - 10/01/20 09:30 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
All presidents from Reagan to now are running up deficits. The rate at which it’s happening is almost irrelevant... because nobody should be endorsing this idea at all. Period. Whether or not Trump gets re-elected, or Biden, the next president will spend the most of any yet. Book it.

You have to be a total fukkkin buffoon to not see how [Bleeeeep!] each side is. They are both equally terrible. To point criticism at one and not the other only proves how much of a lunatic and partisan hack you really are.

Almost all of you fit into this.

#1039053 - 10/02/20 10:30 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Blaming either Inslee or Trump for Boeing's decision to move all 787 production to SC is to ignore the over-riding consideration factors.

Regardless of restrictions, or lack thereof, people are independently deciding to use air travel much less. Less air travel means airlines are ordering many fewer new aircraft. Fewer aircraft orders means Boeing has to belt tighten and make production adjustments in order to remain profitable and in business. And like all major business corporations, Boeing doesn't really give a sh!t about people, comments to the contrary notwithstanding, so it makes complete business sense for Boeing to consolidate 787 production in non-union SC instead of union job Everett, WA.

My reaction to Boeing: don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out. Inslee and Trump are irrelevant to this turn of events.

#1039062 - 10/02/20 11:24 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Dammit Salmo. Bringing facts and logic to a political discussion, much less The Darkside, is just pissing into the wind.

#1039063 - 10/02/20 11:43 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Trump's response to the economy has kept it alive.
During the Democrats response to a crisis, the economy spun out of control I personally lost about $200,000 in wealth, most of which will never come back I had to dump the asset at a loss to keep my family fed. I was talking to my brother and he personally knew 6 people that killed themselves after they lost everything. It was immediate and out of control for most of us. I was self employed, so I got nothing. I owed $32,000 0 on a $250,000 asset (my home) and had to dump another asset at 1/3 the pre-crisis value to save it. The banks refused to work with me. At one point, the builder I was working at was still building and selling homes. Employing people and paying taxes. The government upped the requirements on the banks while promising to cover any losses. They came to the builder and tried to call the loan, even though it would put him out of business and result in a several hundred thousand dollar loss for them. It didn't matter, the government would cover the loss, but if they did not do it, they could loose their license. He pushed them off and paid off the loan.

These were some of the great policies of the Democrats during a crisis. From my perspective, almost every move they made deepened the crisis. They came and foreclosed on homes, lowered the prices and sold them only to the few home owners or investors who could buy. In many of the areas I worked, about 90% or more of the sales were foreclosures that were purposely price below market to sell quickly. Getting a loan, for many, was almost impossible. Then, refuse to sell to investors. Is it any wonder that prices spiraled downward as the few qualifying buyers chose to buy greatly undervalued properties? Or that the very rich were able to buy assets at pennies on the dollar. At one point, the FDIC offered 120 lots at about 75% of the development costs. I have buyers that wanted them, but the sale was for $3.2 million. No bank would loan that much and they refused to parcel them off in smaller lots. They sold them to a multimillionaire I know for just over a million in an auction. Within a week of the auction he sold some off for the original list of around $30,000 each. The rest he held onto and sold for around $70,000 each 3 years later.

Did the democrats suspend foreclosures or evictions? No. Did they offer unemployment to the millions of self-employed. No. What they did was extend unemployment to the those working in large corporations and businesses (read lots of union type employers) and redistribute wealth to large corporations and wealthy investors.

So tell me again how great the democrats were in 2008-2012, and how bad Trump is. Are any of you losing your homes? How many have lost their entire retirement accounts. How many of your friends have killed themselves as a result of the economy? Are you better off now economically then you were in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014? Yes, eventually it turned around, but I feel I lost almost 12 years of my life. Despite all the problems of this year, I am still doing as well or better. Right now I am about to sell an asset that I was unable to sell for $35,000 five years ago for around $120,000 -in the middle of a pandemic. I take that over what happened in 2008 any time.

There are lots of reasons to hate Trump. Just chose wisely.

#1039064 - 10/02/20 11:57 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Streamer]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: Streamer
All presidents from Reagan to now are running up deficits.

Nope. See Clinton's surplus at the end of his second term...the one that GW spent.

#1039065 - 10/02/20 12:00 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: DBS]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: DBS

Nope. See Clinton's surplus at the end of his second term...the one that GW spent.

Ya but he got a BJ from a skank that wasn’t his wife so nothing he did counts.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1039066 - 10/02/20 12:08 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
Originally Posted By: DBS

Ya but he got a BJ from a skank that wasn’t his wife so nothing he did counts.

So now the Presidents personal morality counts?

#1039071 - 10/02/20 01:13 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Dan S. Offline

Steamer lives to get all emotional and start presenting his opinion as if it's a fact.

You don't even have to go that far back to see what kind of bullsh!t he just typed out.

"Deficits don't matter!!"

lol

#1039074 - 10/02/20 01:35 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
The problem with deficits is that some times they make sense, others they don't. Think of running a christmas tree farm. You invest with no return for 5 to 7 years, then in the last year make up for all the losses. Clinton got rid of a huge deficit in a few years by not over spending when the return was coming. That makes him unique. It seems the democrats always want to spend no matter what, while the Republicans want to cry about spending in down times, then over spend in the good times (or simply give it away to the wealthy). Neither is trying to figure out how to make a surplus.

Edited by Krijack (10/02/20 01:35 PM)

#1039075 - 10/02/20 01:40 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Both parties are complicit with deficit spending. Maybe Clinton was an exception to that (I don’t know) but if that’s the case I will take that back. The parties are ok with it and it isn’t going to change.

Keep misconstruing what I said. Reading comprehension for you seems to be another deficit in this discussion. Deficits do matter and shouldn’t be happening at all regardless of how much.

#1039076 - 10/02/20 01:51 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Streamer]
Dan S. Offline

Both parties are complicit with deficit spending. Maybe Clinton was an exception to that (I don’t know) but if that’s the case I will take that back. The parties are ok with it and it isn’t going to change.

Keep misconstruing what I said. Reading comprehension for you seems to be another deficit in this discussion. Deficits do matter and shouldn’t be happening at all regardless of how much.

You should use better words if you don't want them misconstrued.

My reading comprehension is excellent - you just talk out your ass too much.

#1039085 - 10/02/20 04:09 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Dan S.]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

I’m a know it all who doesn’t actually know it all and I hate anyone who leans even slightly right of center with every fiber of my being because I’m miserable little man who acts tough on the Internet.

Fixed it for you.

Page 4 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 1219 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |