Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 26 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1039349 - 10/08/20 08:08 AM Re: Governor Dimslee * [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Do you smell anything burning? It's just Dimslee, he got smoked last night in the debate. As Cousin Eddie said, "I haven't seen a beating that bad since someone put a banana down my pants and then let a monkey loose"

#1039350 - 10/08/20 08:18 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Culp did make a good showing and said a lot of the right things, Inslee sounded like he didn't take the time to realize he needed to debate, if Culp doesn't outright win this thing he sure make it closer last night.

#1039359 - 10/08/20 09:11 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: DCC]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Originally Posted By: DCC
Culp did make a good showing and said a lot of the right things, Inslee sounded like he didn't take the time to realize he needed to debate, if Culp doesn't outright win this thing he sure make it closer last night.

Have to agree on the first (2) statements, but I feel Jay-Jay will still get the nod for the next term. While Culp is definitely WAY underqualified for the position, Dimslee has had his chances for 8 years and under performed IMO. It was fun to watch Jay squirm!

#1039360 - 10/08/20 09:18 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
“Climate fires”

Really Jay? You sound like a total dumbphuck. Culp should have brought up the DNR Forest reports that Inslee ignores... and only funded only at 20% for wildfire prevention. Jay made his bed with that one.

At least he admitted to lying about not knowing about CHOP. I guess it’s better to be labeled a liar than being unaware.

#1039361 - 10/08/20 09:22 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: snit]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Originally Posted By: snit
....Dimslee has had his chances for 8 years and under performed IMO. It was fun to watch Jay squirm!

Yes, he has and yes it was.

#1039362 - 10/08/20 09:37 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Maybe running a state is a bit more complicated than representing and arresting the fine folks of Republic. With a little work on the hair, and Trump knows the best hair people, Culp could be a stand in for Bill Barr should Barr go down with Covid. Denny Heck will be a very good Governor, when Inslee joins the Biden team.

#1039364 - 10/08/20 09:42 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: CedarR]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I really liked what Cowboy Culp had to say about fisheries and hatcheries. Jay doesn't seem to get it on fisheries but understands climate change.

#1039367 - 10/08/20 10:12 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Steelheadman]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
I really liked what Cowboy Culp had to say about fisheries and hatcheries. Jay doesn't seem to get it on fisheries but understands climate change.

You may have liked what Culp said about fisheries and hatcheries, but the take home message I heard in that regard is that he is absolutely clueless on the subject. I heard Culp say that he wanted hatcheries at 100% production. I take that to mean that he wants recent year cuts in hatchery production restored. That fails to consider that many of the hatchery production cuts are the result of complying with ESA requirements. Culp also wants to reduce the state budget. That being the case, where would the money come from to restore hatcheries to 100% production? Can't come from the General Fund if he intends to reduce state spending. And sport fishermen don't want to pay more for fishing licenses when WDFW is actively reducing recreational fishing opportunity. And lastly, restoring hatchery production, within ESA limits, would result in very little increase in the overall sport harvest. Neither Culp nor Inslee seem aware that salmon and steelhead populations are in the toilet due to poor ocean survival rates, a factor over which we have zero control.

#1039368 - 10/08/20 10:17 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Regarding wildfires, I don't see that the governor has much influence on that. Unless the gov has been vetoing legislative appropriations to DNR for that purpose. DNR Commissioner Franz has been very active during her tenure both in fire prevention measures and fire suppression, to the extent of the available budget. It isn't the fault of the governor or even the legislature that the citizens of WA don't want to spend a sh!t ton more tax money on fire prevention measures. As Inslee mentioned, there are something like 22 million acres of forest in WA, and there is no way all of it could be treated in a short time.

#1039369 - 10/08/20 10:23 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I am sorry I missed this last night, sounds like it was actually worth watching...I managed to tune in to a bit of the VP debate while setting stuff up in my new house, and that was less than thrilling.

Pence was as unimpressive and bland as I expected, besides lying virtually every other sentence, but Harris didn't seem as well-prepared as I expected. Haven't checked out the polls this morning but I suspect she will probably be sitting at about 60/40 as the winner, not dissimilar to where Biden and Trump ended up.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. That fly stole the show.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1039371 - 10/08/20 10:25 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Salmo g.]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

[/quote]....Neither Culp nor Inslee seem aware that salmon and steelhead populations are in the toilet due to poor ocean survival rates, a factor over which we have zero control.[/quote]

Salmo, current fisheries are so farked-up would another "wrong" (election of Culp) upset the apple cart even further..really? I don't honestly know, but last night it appeared Jay-Jay doesn't either on multiple levels...

#1039372 - 10/08/20 10:26 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Folks are calling for more hatchery production, more fire protection, fixing up of roads, and whole long list of stuff but are unwilling to pay for it. If you are unwilling to pay for it, you don't really want it.

#1039374 - 10/08/20 10:29 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Carcassman]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Carcassman
Folks are calling for more hatchery production, more fire protection, fixing up of roads, and whole long list of stuff but are unwilling to pay for it. If you are unwilling to pay for it, you don't really want it.

WORD

#1039375 - 10/08/20 10:30 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
The debate was a non event.

Moderator, "Culp, what is your plan?"

Culp, "I plan to fix everything."

Moderator, "Culp, thank you"

Moderator, "governor, what is your plan?"

Inslee, "I'm currently fixing everything."

Moderator, "thank you governor"

That was about it for an hour.

No plans, no details, very little rebuttal, a few good questions, but no follow-up.

Culp did OK, but really said nothing more than what's on a campaign sign with bullet points in someone's yard.

Inslee kind of stumbled around answering just about every question and looked unprepared.

#1039377 - 10/08/20 10:31 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Carcassman]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

There's a huge hatchery just sitting there waiting for man to stop sh1ting in it long enough for the fish to recover.

#1039404 - 10/08/20 01:47 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: snit]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: snit
....Neither Culp nor Inslee seem aware that salmon and steelhead populations are in the toilet due to poor ocean survival rates, a factor over which we have zero control.[/quote]

Salmo, current fisheries are so farked-up would another "wrong" (election of Culp) upset the apple cart even further..really? I don't honestly know, but last night it appeared Jay-Jay doesn't either on multiple levels... [/quote]

Snit,

No. More likely than not, Culp wouldn't and couldn't make fisheries any better or any worse. If elected, he will learn that the governor has next to no power over fisheries, although gubernatorial support for hatcheries could be expected to play out for more legislative support.

Sg

#1039405 - 10/08/20 01:48 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: ondarvr]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: ondarvr
The debate was a non event.

Moderator, "Culp, what is your plan?"

Culp, "I plan to fix everything."

Moderator, "Culp, thank you"

Moderator, "governor, what is your plan?"

Inslee, "I'm currently fixing everything."

Moderator, "thank you governor"

That was about it for an hour.

No plans, no details, very little rebuttal, a few good questions, but no follow-up.

Culp did OK, but really said nothing more than what's on a campaign sign with bullet points in someone's yard.

Inslee kind of stumbled around answering just about every question and looked unprepared.

Excellent summation. I need to learn to take better and more concise notes.

#1039407 - 10/08/20 01:52 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Illahee]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Illahee
There's a huge hatchery just sitting there waiting for man to stop sh1ting in it long enough for the fish to recover.

Looks like it's gonna' take a much more effective pandemic than Covid-19 to clear the way for that recovery to begin. BTW, if the world human population were decreased by say, 50%, there is no assurance that environmental recovery would result in anadromous fish populations looking anything like they did in 1850.

#1039409 - 10/08/20 01:59 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Salmo g.]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Looks like it's gonna' take a much more effective pandemic than Covid-19 to clear the way for that recovery to begin. BTW, if the world human population were decreased by say, 50%, there is no assurance that environmental recovery would result in anadromous fish populations looking anything like they did in 1850.

Let's shoot for harvestable levels first or is it the all or nothing mentality?
Oregon south coast rivers allow retention of wild fish, so it's possible, we just need the will.
Until the sh1thing stops and those that sh1t are held accountable, the downward spiral will continue.
Welcome to the days we have made.

#1039410 - 10/08/20 02:20 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Let's shoot for harvestable levels first or is it the all or nothing mentality?
Oregon south coast rivers allow retention of wild fish, so it's possible, we just need the will.
Until the sh1thing stops and those that sh1t are held accountable, the downward spiral will continue.
Welcome to the days we have made.

Wrong! Harvest/retention can happen over wild fish populations that have and will continue to have exceeded spawning goal populations.

Keith

Page 6 of 26 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1423 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |