Three Rivers Marine

Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1041093 - 11/03/20 04:15 PM Re: Governor Dimslee * [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I have 13 acres for sale in West Kingston for $200K. Has a barn and a salmon/steelhead stream and deer. Going to get a soil study done in addition to the 2 wetland studies I already have. Has electricity and a fence.

#1042288 - 11/15/20 07:55 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Hey Jaybone, you've been blaming Trump for months for how he has handled Covid, but YOUR state is surging in numbers. I thought you had it all figured out and under control?
Now you're going to shut down indoor dining and cancel Thanksgiving? Stellar work buddy. What's next? No fishing or golf and canceling Christmas?
Make sure you ignore the Health Department's alert of increased children suicides due to depression from no school, no activities, no sports, and no interaction with their friends. Children Covid deaths in WA: 0. Suicides: Dozens. Including children of people I know.

#1042291 - 11/15/20 09:48 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Has Jay handled Covid perfectly? No. But I think he got it mostly right, which makes it the highlight of his governorship.

When uncertainty is great, smart people exercise the cautionary principle. Inslee has done that. Did he get it wrong sometimes? Heck yeah, but a lot of that was when far, far less was known about the virus than is now, in addition to some choices that appear to have been purely or mostly political. I expect new shutdowns to be more and better targeted than they were last spring.

#1042293 - 11/15/20 12:08 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

To blame any politician on how they handled Covid is a disservice imo. It’s a fluid situation and hindsight is always 20/20.

#1042296 - 11/15/20 03:25 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: dwatkins]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

And nothing from the federal government but "let us know how it worked out".

#1042297 - 11/15/20 07:38 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Don't worry.
Jay will expect the Feds to help foot the bill for his shutdown.

#1042300 - 11/15/20 08:24 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Don't worry.
Jay will expect the Feds to help foot the bill for his shutdown.

Maybe as he should a bit?
Mind telling me the last time you saw McConnell bring a covid aid relief package to the floor? Even though several have been pasted with bipartisan support thru the house, meanwhile millions of taxpayers and businesses suffer...

#1042303 - 11/16/20 07:50 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

...the snowflakes don't want to wear a mask, the Chancellor of the American Reich turmp mocks those that wear a mask and take Thecovid seriously, Thecovid spreads because of it and the retards want to blame Inslee.....?

Then again, why would I expect anything less?

Take responsibility, people.

#1042306 - 11/16/20 08:55 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: DCC]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: DCC
...the snowflakes don't want to wear a mask, the Chancellor of the American Reich turmp mocks those that wear a mask and take Thecovid seriously, Thecovid spreads because of it and the retards want to blame Inslee.....?

Then again, why would I expect anything less?

Take responsibility, people.

Isn't it ironic that freedom and taking responsibility for your actions are opposing forces in this day and age? When did that switch happen? I remember when it seemed like conservatives were the responsible ones in the room. Now it seems like they are the party of the do what I want when I want and any morality is out the window whenever the going gets tough. The hypocrisy runs deep.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1042308 - 11/16/20 08:59 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Jason Beezuz]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

[/quote]
Isn't it ironic that freedom and taking responsibility for your actions are opposing forces in this day and age? When did that switch happen? I remember when it seemed like conservatives were the responsible ones in the room. Now it seems like they are the party of the do what I want when I want and any morality is out the window whenever the going gets tough. The hypocrisy runs deep. [/quote]

Great post and so true.

#1042313 - 11/16/20 11:56 AM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Beezer with the truth!!

#1042314 - 11/16/20 12:25 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
I feel for the restaurant owners, small retail, gym owners etc that will be greatly affected by the latest orders... but, it's a no brainer to not share space with dozens of unknowns greatly increasing your vectors to possibly infected people. Highly encourage supporting these people as much as possible with takeout, curbside pickup, video workout sessions, etc. Not just to ensure they'll still be around later but to help them support their families. Takes more effort to source and order from small businesses locally than just ordering on Amazon but we'd be the hypocritical ones if we're not willing to put forth a bit more effort to support our neighbors.

Congress sucks! Doesn't really need much more explanation than that but, Mitch could have brought relief to a vote and Nancy could have put up a bill that would have sailed through months ago. I believe both are guilty of party over people!

Masks are a no brainer as far as risk reduction is concerned but, they don't eliminate the risk. I fear that otherwise smart, responsible, caring people put on a mask and participate in risky situations thinking they're all good with the mask on. Too lazy to look up the study I read but it showed that 85% of people contracting Covid are regular mask wearers. If you've got to go to Freddies go at 10:00 pm instead of 6:00 pm - there's 10% the crowd and that alone reduces your risk of exposure 90% more than wearing a mask alone. Wear the mask. But, don't be stupid!

Not an Inslee fan but have to agree he's done a decent job with Covid - just as long as he doesn't shut down fishing again! Although he may as well since his goons @ WDFW killed our blackmouth season!!

#1042315 - 11/16/20 12:26 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: snit]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Originally Posted By: snit
[/quote]Idaho isn't that far, why not move away from the libtards, move in next to bubba a burn a MAGA cross in your front yard.

That is a distinct possibility for us, as the property values continue to escalate in Central Wa. With the increase in property values, our property taxes have steadily increased as well. Mainly driven by the retiring implants from parts to the West and South (but not entirely, as there's increased industry, plus additional medical facilities as well). Subsequently, the surrounding areas of my 'burg are expanding to accommodate these new inhabitants.

This all adds up to "more people", in an area where the cities infrastructure was designed 40+ years ago. There have been some modernizations, but overall the towns are WAY behind in upgrading. With more people comes the problems that larger towns have; how to balance the budgets and where to distribute the monies (City/County), increased crime (unsure if there's an exponetional relationship?), and for me personally the loss of the "smaller town feel".

Now the last issue is totally subjective, as a lot of the folks moving in are doing so for this very reason. And within 2 years (once the kid is done with HS/AA) we may be moving away. It's all relative, eh? At least we'll do well on resale. [/quote]

I got bad news for you Snit, your are more than welcome here but if you are looking to escape higher home prices and higher property taxes that train left the station here about 6 years ago. In the Coeur d' Alene and Post Falls area housing prices have risen dramatically in the last 5 years and along with that property taxes because of increased assessed value. We moved here almost 11 years ago and there were plenty of houses available under $200K, not now, in fact there really isn't any housing available, unless you can outbid 11 other people. My house has gone up over $200,000 in 5 years. My neighbor across the street had 13 bids over the asking price, one was for $50k over his asking price. The house was gone in less than 24 hours.

We are getting droves of people moving in from the Seattle area, Texas, California, and Arizona. Now that many people can work from home that has just accelerated the number of people moving here. Traffic congestion is becoming a real problem and our infrastructure is falling way behind. Locals are upset because they are being priced out and even rents have gone up substantially.

We have a state income tax of about 7.6% and a 6% sales tax, which includes food (however you get a rebate on the food part at tax time). There is no tax on services, for example when I had a landscaper come in I didn't have to pay tax on the plants and other items because it was considered service. With that said, not sure how you would fair on taxes; definitely less then the Seattle area, where I came from. you also get a break on property taxes, but the fast paced housing market is still driving property taxes up.

Consider the cost of medical too. What you pay varies from state to state, and county to county.

Overall though it cost less to live here because wages are so low.

#1042316 - 11/16/20 01:24 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Yes, the property values have gone up considerably over here. I avoided Idaho due to the income-tax, the bang for the buck was better in WA than ID for housing too.

As for the 85% mask wearing statistic. It was a little misleading because those people self reported, and also said they had visited restaurants and bars, where masks weren't worn. I do tech service type work, every customer I talk with claims they did everything "right" and didn't get the desired result. The deeper you dig the more you find out all the things they didn't do correctly.

I have friends that still have get togethers with family and friends in their homes and say it's safe because they know these people. They wear masks all the time in public though. This is where most people get exposed. You can wear a mask 100% of the time when you're out in public and still get it when socializing privately.

Trump's strategy was have the governors take the beating for implementing rules for lock downs, then he could be the hero of the grand openings.

It's a no win situation for implementing a lock down. If it works well the non believers say "see, it wasn't that bad, we didn't need a lock down."

If it still gets bad, but not as bad as it could have been. The non believers say "see, it didn't work."

Remember non believers don't need facts, Trump gives them all the information they need to make an informed decision.

#1042317 - 11/16/20 01:28 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
It used to be that owners were excited by rising home prices.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1042326 - 11/16/20 03:22 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Have a place in both states.

Inslee is Biden's bitch.

Bahh Bahhh Bahh.

#1042327 - 11/16/20 03:30 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Idaho has been in worse shape than Washington with infection rates, and Spokane County has been far worse than west-side counties for infection rates.

It's the Culp/Trump non compliant hoax crowd that tends to drive infection rates higher.

#1042329 - 11/16/20 04:53 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: ondarvr]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: ondarvr
Idaho has been in worse shape than Washington with infection rates, and Spokane County has been far worse than west-side counties for infection rates.

Spokane? Idaho? Infections?

Sounds like just another Friday night in the Palouse!!!

Time to crack open that cold Cuurs Lite and get the party on!!!!!

Turn up the tunes and sing along to to Eric Clapton's Cocaine:

When you been drivin' all day
Ain't seen nothing but hay
Spokane (Spo-caine)

When you're down on your luck
And they repo your truck
Spokane (Spo-caine)

It's Spokane
It's Spokane
It's Spokane, son
Spokane (Spo-caine)

When the Cougars get hot
They'll be drinkin' a lot
Spokane (Spo-caine)

When there's no place to go
'Cept for Idaho
Spokane (Spo-caine)

It's Spokane
It's Spokane
It's Spokane

Spo-Caine

#1042336 - 11/16/20 05:59 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: Snake Pliskin]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
All good points fellas!

In our (2) county area of Chelan/Douglas there have been 29 deaths in 11 months, and the youngest person to succumb was 41 years old. It's been reported that all of the unfortunate folks who have perished had some other ongoing health issues when they contracted The Virus.

We minimize our exposure, and "mask up" when going out in the real world. Why take the chance?

#1042337 - 11/16/20 08:43 PM Re: Governor Dimslee [Re: snit]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: snit

We minimize our exposure, and "mask up" when going out in the real world. Why take the chance?

'Cuz tyranny, that's why.

And hoaxes, of course.

There are a lot of fuckin idiots in the world. I'd say they are selfish, but I don't think they are smart enough to be selfish...they are just stupid.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 546 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |