Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1043568 - 12/11/20 08:30 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I sat in for the whole meeting. I know when it comes to Salmon the Quilayutes have made adjustments in days, net size etc over the years. I'm curious what concessions the Quinaults are doing with regards to the Queets. The Queets has missed Escapement Goals for both Coho & Steelhead for a lot of years over the last 20 (I can't remember the exact #). And the Queets does not have to deal with habitat destruction etc.
The one Wild Card out there is the National Park. What are they going to do? They do not have to follow what WDFW does.

#1043575 - 12/11/20 10:00 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Bye bye steelhead.

#1043601 - 12/12/20 12:26 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Blu13]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Blu13

The one Wild Card out there is the National Park. What are they going to do? They do not have to follow what WDFW does.

According to them they follow state rules.

#1043613 - 12/12/20 04:22 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

bobrr: The Park does not always follow WDFW. They went to "Release All Wild Fish" a few years back. That's different then the sate. Take the Hoh. You can't keep Wild Salmon in the park but can once outside the Park.

Edited by Blu13 (12/12/20 06:05 PM)

#1043699 - 12/14/20 10:28 AM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: fishbadger]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: fishbadger
I'm starting to get the sense that you like to steelhead fish out of boats.

fb

In Grays Harbor County, there are rivers where it is legal to fish SALMON until 12/31/2020...... In the 20+ years that I've been a "spoon fisherman on the hook", I've never caught a steelhead using the salmon type spoons many fishermen use.

Edited by DrifterWA (12/14/20 10:34 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1043706 - 12/14/20 10:59 AM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
Supporting this is supporting more broken policies that have been proven not to work. We need to use the Tillamook county example and run with it, or the salmon river. Broodstocking works. There aren’t any non biased studies that can dispute it. None.

Why is the Skookumchuck even involved in this wild steelhead debate. That dam killed all the real “wild” fish decades ago.

You can’t even kill hatchery steelhead on that river...that’s all that’s there.

Our state is useless at fisheries management.

#1043713 - 12/14/20 11:39 AM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

(r state is useless at fisheries management.)

u got that right

mainly region 6

#1043719 - 12/14/20 11:52 AM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I wonder how many guides are planning on moving their operations to one of these supposedly "healthy" rivers that Sthdr1 has mentioned? Even better, you know they will post great wide-angle panning shots of these majestic fish all of BookFace and InstaTard. Social mediaites will eat this crap up.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which river that is

It actually takes *less* time to drive to these rivers from Seattle than taking a ferry and getting out to the OP.

Can't wait to guide fish from a boat on these rivers! Can't wait to fill your wonderful social media sites with grip-n-grins. Maybe toss up a few movies on YouTube to make it so obvious where the good fishing is!

Oh well. Probably won't take long until these Columbia River basin rivers are taking the brunt of the boating guide services and won't be healthy for long. But who cares, right? As long as *I* get to fish them and fish them the way I like, fvck everyone and everything else.

Once again, will someone please remind me why we are allowed to hammer on runs of wild steelhead in rivers that are not making escapement goals?

If a river is projected *not* to make it's escapement goal this year, it should be CLOSED to all fishing.

Will someone please remind me again why this new rule of not being able to fish from a boat isn't state wide? If we're gonna get bent over and fvcked by the WDFW, shouldn't we all be bending over equally?

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Bye bye steelhead.

Don't worry WDFW. Looks like a lot of sportsmen are jumping on the "I don't give a fvck how the state fvcks me or the wild fish in the ass as long as I get to fish for wild steelhead regardless of the costs now or in the future." bandwagon.

Again.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

#1043722 - 12/14/20 11:55 AM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Stop making sense paker

#1043724 - 12/14/20 11:58 AM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

what do you mean you cant kill hatchery steelhead on the Skookumchuck?

#1043766 - 12/14/20 01:22 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: The Moderator]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: elparquito

If a river is projected *not* to make it's escapement goal this year, it should be CLOSED to all fishing.

W

This is spot on.

#1043864 - 12/14/20 07:26 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: 5 * General Evo]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
Originally Posted By: Evo
what do you mean you cant kill hatchery steelhead on the Skookumchuck?

“Release ALL rainbow trout”. That’s steelhead.

All you old farts complaining about Instagram and YouTube must have never had subscriptions to STS or other magazines that blew up rivers. 99% of the people who are successful at Instagram or YouTube don’t say where they are fishing.

Whah whah whah. The state is the problem, some of these “glory shot guys” are doing more positive things for steelhead and salmon than most of the people complaining about them.

#1043868 - 12/14/20 07:47 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Omg are you dumb enough to think that means no adult steelhead retention??

#1043871 - 12/14/20 08:04 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

I'm 41.. Not a old fart..

You can kill hatchery fish on the Skook...

Fish it once before talking about legal limitations..

#1043872 - 12/14/20 08:14 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

I'm sure he's a regular there, just to dumb to realize that rule is for trout and not steelhead, which is anything over 21"

#1043873 - 12/14/20 08:18 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: On The Swing]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: On The Swing
I'm sure he's a regular there, just to dumb to realize that rule is for trout and not steelhead, which is anything over 21"

20”....but who’s counting anyway.
SF

#1043874 - 12/14/20 08:25 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
While most of this talk has been about the boating restrictions, I am a bit more concerned with the Selective rules. While it may make sense in some basins to promote this later on, there is no need for it in December in most rivers. Last week I was stopped for a a couple of hours on one of the effected rivers. I was joined by two other guys as I walked in. We all stopped at a well known hole and spread out a little bit, trading places as we through jigs, spinners and the floated some bait. After an hour they moved on and I switched up to some eggs behind a spin n- glow. On the third cast a mint bright hatchery coho came flying up and slammed the rig as I as pulling it in. We had worked it over hard and had seen nothing. The other two guys walked down and I helped one of them pull another out hatchery fish in a few minutes later on the same eggs drifted bare. In the between a jack came flying up chasing the eggs but bit short. I am almost positive nothing else would have worked other than the eggs, which produced fairly quick. In an extreme case, I have a friend who was working a hatchery hole a few years back. There were 10 or so guys hitting it hard and no one had a fish all day. About an hour before dark he remembered he had some prawns in his bag. The next hour he hooked a fish almost every cast, while no one else had a hit. They were debating whether it really was the prawns so he tossed one over to the guy next to him. First cast and it was fish on.
I hate that they are taking away options before they need to.

#1043876 - 12/14/20 09:19 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Well I'll agree with you on that, while I agree with most of it, the start date is 4-6 weeks too early in my opinion. Would be nice to mop up the brats before going no-bait and no-boat.
fb

#1043878 - 12/14/20 09:49 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: jgreen]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: jgreen

All you old farts complaining about Instagram and YouTube
Shut your fkn mouth flatbiller when adults are talking .

#1043879 - 12/14/20 09:51 PM Re: Coastal steelhead rules out now... [Re: Todd]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

It's bullchit.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer), 1328 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |