Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 149 of 201 < 1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 200 201 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1059969 - 07/01/22 05:30 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET *** [Re: eyeFISH]
Lifter99 Offline
Returning Adult

Seabeck, I hope you are right about a December fishery for coho in the Chehalis system . I talked to Larry Phillips (who is no longer with WDFW) last year about the lack of wild steelhead in the system in December and that it should be open for late timed hatchery coho during that month. He didn't seem to be very interested in having that fishery.
I hope you are right but I will believe it when I see it.

#1059970 - 07/01/22 06:34 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
In November and December, Late coho are harvested 5 days per week in gillnets, they are affectionately referred to by our tribal friends as steelhead.

#1059972 - 07/02/22 11:50 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: seabeckraised]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: seabeckraised
[quote=Lifter99]
If the early Chinook seasons are any indication of overall health of the runs, there may be quite a few Chinook returning to the tribs in a few months. Blew through most of the quota in Marine Area 4. I was only able to make it up once while it was a two fish limit. Had my two Chinook in TEN minutes and it seemed that many others were doing well. LOTS of fish around already. Hopefully Coho follow suit.

I think Summer Steelhead is starting out strong also, which could be another indicator of good ocean survival. From myself and friends catches have been better than the last few years. Could be from better than average available water but think overall things are turning around.

#1059973 - 07/02/22 12:32 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

or wdfw actually planted the number of fish there suppose to for a change

mainly region 6

#1059996 - 07/11/22 07:15 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

If the late coho show in numbers sufficient to support a Tribal "steelhead" fishery, we will be allowed to fish in December. If they're off the water, so are we. Simple as that. SO, whether it's salmon or steelhead you want to fish for in December, pray for the late coho run to come in strong. Prospects look decent so far....

#1059997 - 07/12/22 07:50 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
0/12/2022

James Losee, WDFW, Wild steelhead committee, probably many others have a very good idea about what's going to take place 12/01/2022.

I have emailed Losee, asking for a written plan for Wild/native steelhead/ in Region 6........... no response!!!!!! WDFW has, in general, a "black hole", where emails get filed into........

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1059998 - 07/12/22 08:03 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i called 3 different bio's from Region 6, and emailed the team directly, about the Puy and Carbon BS, zero response...

fvck the WDFW..

#1059999 - 07/12/22 08:45 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: 5 * General Evo
i called 3 different bio's from Region 6, and emailed the team directly, about the Puy and Carbon BS, zero response...

fvck the WDFW..

The Puyallup and Carbon are in Region 4. You might have better luck contacting the Region 4 office in Mill Creek.

#1060000 - 07/12/22 09:30 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Steeldrifter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Pierce county
I contacted WDFW and spoke with an employee who gave me the name of the biologist. I called left a very detailed yet respectful message and no response. From what is going on in the sound( area 11) it looks like its all about the 5 year plan for Chinook.

This is the best information I received on the other thread I started.

I remembered my login here... dumb luck.

For the answers on the Puyallup system, see the WDFW link below and expand "What is the difference between the 2022 plan and the 2017 plan?"

https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/management/puget-sound-management-plan

Edited by Steeldrifter (07/13/22 09:25 AM)

#1060001 - 07/12/22 09:57 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Salmo g.]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

fvck the WDFW..

The Puyallup and Carbon are in Region 4. You might have better luck contacting the Region 4 office in Mill Creek.

they are region 6...

Counties served: Clallam, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Kitsap, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, Thurston

i had been in contact with Tara Livingood-Schott, but it seems she is no longer at the WDFW it looks like..

i emailed and called 3 biologist, as well as emailing the entire team at TeamMontesano@dfw.wa.gov, 2 weeks ago, and got zero response...

Stacie Kelsey will no longer be doing what she has been for the last couple decades either..

the WDFW is a joke..

#1060004 - 07/12/22 10:03 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i dont even care about fishing for Chinook in either of those rivers, im talking about Coho fishing in October and November, when there isnt even any Kings around...

they are also expecting a more abundant return this year as well, just like everywhere else in this state...

its not about a "plan", its about the tribes, and the whitey ran boats and all their lobbyist donations... thats why they arent answering me like Tara did.. they easily could have done what they do on the Green, which is release ALL Chinook...

NOPE, they close the entire river right when the hatchery Coho return and screw everyone....

fvck the WDFW..

#1060005 - 07/12/22 11:48 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
deadly Offline
Fry

General Evo. I too emailed them, they did get back to me, their reasoning is the big floods we had on the Puyallup system in 19/20 they expect less that 2000 adult coho.

I think that's [Bleeeeep!], but that's what the told me.

#1060006 - 07/12/22 02:22 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: deadly]
Steeldrifter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Pierce county
Originally Posted By: deadly
General Evo. I too emailed them, they did get back to me, their reasoning is the big floods we had on the Puyallup system in 19/20 they expect less that 2000 adult coho.

I think that's [Bleeeeep!], but that's what the told me.

IF THATS IS THE CASE THERE SHOULD BE NO NETS IN THE RIVER PAST SEPTEMBER 30!
All about the co managing and conservation right? Doesn't 'Co" mean both party's participate in what's best for the fish?

#1060007 - 07/12/22 02:29 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Steeldrifter]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Steeldrifter
All about the co managing and conservation right? Doesn't 'Co" mean both party's participate in what's best for the fish?

No. 'Co' means the same thing as "in common" which means they get to take their share first and then tell us if we even get a fishery. It's not about what's best for the fish but what is best for the tribes and the seafood processing industry.

#1060008 - 07/12/22 02:49 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

well they said no Coho were returning in 2019 and closed it then, the entire season, thats when i started emailing Tara first...

then, which i had eluded to in emails, they met escapement, and opened the river mid October, well a major storm came in and blew the river up over 6k CFS, and the whole run came through in about 3 weeks...

Voights gets a decent return of Coho, even the late wild fish, even after the 2009 floods (river was over 50k CFS in the Alderton area), they still came back just like always...

then, in 2020, we had a stellar Chum year, best i have seen it in over 10 years, Coho as well, i was hooking up to 15 a day at one point...

then, in 2021 they did it again, but changed it at the last minute and opend the river until November 30th..

you can go up past the mouth of the Carbon and fish the little Puyallup until January 15th, but cant touch the Carbon and lower Puyallup.. and there is no retention of anything up there either..

if someone told you it was because of the floods, and the WDFW has listed on their page until 2027 that this is the deal to protect Chinook, that right there tells you all you need to know..

they flat out lied, and caved to the tribes and lobbyists and are taking our fish, and giving them away...

thats the only explanation that i have for why they would do that... Coho arent Chinook, so whats the deal with protecting Coho and not Chinook?

#1060009 - 07/12/22 02:53 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

also, their so called "fish redd counters", are god damn morons...

last time i talked to them, ( see them multiple times a year), they said that they had seen nothing, at all.. i had already hooked my 7th fish that morning, and it was like 9:30...

off down the river they went, vaping oil, and twirling around in their raft...

not counting or looking for sh!t...

#1060012 - 07/12/22 03:13 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

last time i talked to them, ( see them multiple times a year), they said that they had seen nothing, at all.. i had already hooked my 7th fish that morning, and it was like 9:30...

Yeah that's On the Swing for you. His dad set him up with the job, a complete nepotism hire.

#1060013 - 07/12/22 07:56 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: 5 * General Evo]
GoPro Hero Offline
Smolt

Damn bro you sound like a good fisherman! You should DM me for some collabz for my channel bro.

#1060019 - 07/13/22 09:35 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Evo,

My bad. Sorry. I was thinking the NIsqually separated Region's 4 and 6, not the Puyallup system.

Regarding the confusing seasons and regulations, WDFW simply does what the Puget Sound Treaty tribes tell them to do. WDFW does not work for the people who pay the taxes and buy the licenses that keep the doors open and the lights on at WDFW. WDFW works for the treaty tribes. The tail wags the dog.

"Defund WDFW."

#1060028 - 07/15/22 09:44 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Defunding begins with not buying licenses. Otherwise you just support their crack habit.

Page 149 of 201 < 1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 200 201 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |