THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110411 - 03/30/01 11:55 PM Best day......numbers and hogs.
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
I've had some great days this year but none epic how bout you. In terms of numbers whats the best day you've had this year? Or hogs? Its my first year in the past 3 without a 20+ but then again I've had to work alot this season and as we all know I(we)got screwed out of our C&R in the sound. SWpringers....agggggggg....droooooolllllll.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#110412 - 03/31/01 01:07 AM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best day 10 for 13. Biggest fish 22#.

BK,
Why dont we put our differences behind us and call it a truce after the eppisode we had a couple months ago...

#110413 - 03/31/01 01:40 AM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
An eleven fish weekend two of which were over 20#, one was 21# and the other a 42" -27# monster both from the north coastal rivers on the same day .

#110414 - 03/31/01 05:21 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

A week ago, 6 hooked and 4 landed. Among the 4 landed a 20-22 lb. buck & 18-19 lb. hen. One lost was also pushing 20.

The best thing of all is I didn't even get up early....had it all to myself!

Yes, sometimes life is good.

#110415 - 03/31/01 09:32 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Rich, I just like to F around...I thought it was funny. It was never personal! My short term memory is horrible for some reason . What were you referring to, anyways consider it forgoten. I had a couple days landing 7-12 fish but they were far and few between. November and early december was smokin' but when the fish I loved showed up I was reduced to consistant action 1-4 a day. That is until it closed. I'll be on the coast floatin' the duc next weekend, see ya out there.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#110416 - 04/01/01 09:32 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
SkeenaGuy2 Offline
Egg

Loc: Terrace BC
Hiya all
I have been away for along time but I have too tell ya my fishing story eeeerrrr one of them anyways
My Best day was last year fishing the Skeena River in BC
I had hooked 11 Springs and Landed 9 of them
3 of them were over the 50lb range had 1 in the 40 lb and the rest were chickens 30lbs and less
Between my 2 buddies and me we had hooked 28 springs in that early july day IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!
theres no feeling like having your arms ripped out by a swimmer that takes Lotz and lotz of line on ya
I just hope it's as good this Year

------------------
Here Fishy Fishy

#110417 - 04/02/01 02:57 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Knock it off, Skeena. eek
It's not fair. It's just not fair.

Back to reality ... while I didn't get to spend as much time on the water as I would have liked, my time was well spent. Three in the high teen to 20# class and best day in quantity was probably 6 for 10 natives. Actually had three consecutive days like that which have completely ruined me. Horribly.

Bruce

#110418 - 04/02/01 04:19 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
:p Is this the same SkeenaGuy from the good ole days?

If so Welcome back wink

#110419 - 04/02/01 05:11 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Rysemus Offline
Fry

Loc: Snohomish, wa
best day being that this is my fisrt year ...two weeks ago caught and released
two natives one 15+# and one 10+#....
caught both about 30mins apart..

thats a day and felling i wont forget... smile

crazy

#110420 - 04/02/01 05:44 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Middle of the "season" on a zipperlip of mine resulted in:

5 kings --all over 20 pounds
3 silvers -- 2, 8 pound coho brats, 1, 18lb. nate.
1 rainbow trout the size of my thumb.

All in the span of 2 hours....and with my younger brother along for the trip after we got skunked on the Cowlitz, drove over to the zipperlip and fish on.

---Equal to that day was chum fishing on an unnamed zipper (but not so zipper) river: within 2 hours came about 12 hook ups, 6 landed, 2 bucks kept: 25 pounds and 15 pounds. Thanks Osprey for that one wink

Also, any time night fishing with my brother and hooking up into the double digits using the glow corkies, glo yarn, and camera flash. River all to ourselves, and he his 2nd salmon ever landed in his life was a dressed out buck at 49.3 pounds. eek Of course it would totally qualify in the boot wars post, but it smoked fine.

And my first and second summer steelies I caught. First one was like oH WOW FISH ON. The second one, a guy was fishing my spot for 3 hours without moving, as soon as he moved, I moved in, first cast into there 10 pound hen brat. Ya move ya lose.

Will always remember those trips. I could have Alzheimer's and still remember night fishing with my brother and he landing that big ol bruiser.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#110421 - 04/03/01 01:37 AM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
SkeenaGuy2 Offline
Egg

Loc: Terrace BC
Yes Coho this is the same SkeenaGuy from couple years back smile ......Been away from the computer thing for awhile ...damn working for a living Sux
Also glad to be back when I did get back online I could not find this site again for along time eek I know thats alame excuse but I'm sticking to it smile
The winter steelhead here was Awesome this winter Lotz of those chrome bumpers around here this year
A Buddy and I went out for Springs today being April 2....A little early yet ..but you never know smile We were skunked on them frown but we did hook into a small Doe Steely about 12lbs my Guestamation smile Nice fish
Even nicer watching swim away
I just can't wait For the Swimmers to show up ....Steelheads alright but my favorite is the Skeena Springs WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!
now that I have my favorite fishing site back I'll keep in touch and brag.....eeerrrrr keep ya'll updated on the Skeena situation smile

#110422 - 04/03/01 11:36 AM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
3 memorable days come to mind,for Coho hooked and landed 14 largest about 16lbs kept 4 chromers all in about 4 hours
,2nd day was a 19 fish day(landed) probably hooked another 10 more ,all big Chummies...great days
Best steelie day hooked up with at 10 fish landed 1(got rid of that line) all hooked on SilentApproach jigs.......looking forward to this year already......Os

#110423 - 04/03/01 11:43 AM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
First one to 20 wins....I get in on that one this year so sign me up O's. wink I didn't do too bad with the 6 I landed from the bank. Can't wait to do it from the Cat.

Well no wonder you did so well, you were using Silent Approach jigs. I'm glad I got turned onto them because I say bring on the summer runs.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#110424 - 04/03/01 11:59 AM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Good to have ya back SkeenaGuy. Always enjoyed the reports from your neck. Lets hope the Canucks dont F'up their playoff chances. cool

#110425 - 04/03/01 12:06 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Spoony Offline
Fry

Loc: WA
12/23/00 - On a trib to the Puyallup, a day I didnt intend to fish but just look at the river conditions. But then it happened, I saw a fish roll in some slow water and my mind started going over all the possibilities. So, I had to run to the truck, get my spinning rig, tie on a beadchain and chartreuse #3 Vibrax. In (well almost) succesive casts I hooked and landed: 12# nate hen, 10# chum, 12# chum, 15# nate hen. Not the biggest and the most fish I've ever caught, but one after another in about 20 mins was crazy action....Spoony

PS - There was a snagger and his wife (about 15 years old and he was at least 40) just down the bank and I had to fight him off with a stick when I released the fish. He wanted to take them home and argued with me about it...again some crazy action.

PSS - That sounds like a good thread for later...."Whats your craziest moment on the river this year?"...

#110426 - 04/03/01 12:28 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
If were gonna let chums in on this one anyone who fishes Chico creek can easily beat 19! I live a couple miles away and I remember a Thanksgiving day we hooked fish on Fly rods for hours. Lost count but I bet we (2 people) caught over 40 chums in about 3 hours. Its a madhouse and not tranquil what so ever! But somone let the chums on this thread. LOL
As for Steelies, Best day for numbers was march 19th. 10 fish landed and photo'd. Biggest fish this season was B Grays Big male, Pics dont do it justice but it was about 25. Put 4 people into 20+ fish this year so far on the peninsula. Travis Howard (TH Custom Rods) caught a near 20 pound hen this last Sat fishing with me. That would be five if it broke 20 but I think it was a little under. In its prime it probably would've gone 20 easy!!! Still one of the biggest Hens Ive ever seen on the penn.
My biggest fish that I actually got to reel in was on the Zipperlip last sept. It can be seen on TH custom rods web site and its on Angies site also. Got one about 27, 2 casts later!
Thanks B Gray for your tailing efforts! Its your turn this year!!! And Ill do the tailing!

Bob D
(aka) Major Brown

#110427 - 04/03/01 12:48 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Spoony Offline
Fry

Loc: WA
Bob D - dont pretend you didnt enjoy them ass biters....LOL

#110428 - 04/03/01 02:33 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Na Spoony there a hoot!!!!
Look forward to them every year! laugh

#110429 - 04/03/01 03:21 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Chums in a creek....tooo easy those don't count,but they sure are fun.....Os

#110430 - 04/03/01 03:29 PM Re: Best day......numbers and hogs.
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Last week on tues the 27th we hooked 23 steelies 16 0r 17 boated one keeper not a bad day I would say rolleyes

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |