Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115054 - 06/10/01 10:38 PM Sky???
Fish Stalker Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: S.W. Washington
How is the sky been fishing lately???Going to drift it for first time on Thrusday and any info would be greatfull. Where from where is a good drift and what is prouducing???

#115055 - 06/11/01 04:35 AM Re: Sky???
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
A friend of mine who gets to fish more than I do says he's hooked quite a few more fish on the Snoqualmie than the Sky.

#115056 - 06/11/01 09:48 AM Re: Sky???
bank walker Offline
Spawner

IF your good behind the sticks i would fish High Bridge to Sultan. From Sultan down would be good too but there are a ton of sleds buzzing back and forth. Have fun, there's lots of fish around. =)
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#115057 - 06/11/01 03:15 PM Re: Sky???
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
CATCHER1, get the hell out there man!! You are missing out on all of the action. You can't catch fish until you wet a line, and let me tell you there are plenty of fish in the Local rivers right now. It really doesn't matter where you fish right now I have been doing good up river and also down in snohomish. I fish the Sky somewhere above Sultan about 5:00 a.m. and hit 3 nice steelies only landing 1. I had only fished for about 1-1/2 hrs. The one that I landed was about 12lbs. All of the fish that I had on in that short period of time were 3 salts!!! Chalk another one up for the old school spoon chuckers crew!!! Justin?

#115058 - 06/11/01 06:48 PM Re: Sky???
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Brian is right. Plenty of fish to be had right now. Brian and I did some exploring on the Sky system yesterday but we got held up because a motorhome flipped over on the High Bridge and then exploded. Brian?

The OSSC is in the house so watch out baitchuckers when we come in behind ya and slam the fish that you left behind. Unlike the SRBC boyz, we'll let you in on the OSSC which stands for Old School Spoon Chuckers.

BTW, I really don't mind sleds because I fish out of them quite a bit and I don't want to be a hypocrite, but for jeez sake...... What is up with you sledders running way way way up the Sky? Saw sleds in the upper river yesterday higher than I've ever seen sleds before and I've been fishing the Sky for over 15 years.

Peace
Justin

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Kid Sauk ]

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#115059 - 06/12/01 03:47 PM Re: Sky???
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Oh dats funny rolleyes rolleyes Kid.
ya see we're just catchin fish on another local river laugh laugh But is you wanta follow the crowds be my guess :p

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC boyz

#115060 - 06/12/01 05:12 PM Re: Sky???
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Kevin, I hear ya man. I've never seen the Sky so crowded in June before and it's sled city out there too. I know what you mean about the other local rivers. wink

I like to hit other spots early in the day and if I sleep in like I did on Sunday, then I like to bat a little cleanup on the Sky-crowd-mish. It's funnier than sheeyat to see the look on peoples faces when you come in to a hole that they've pounded hard all day, you make a cast or two and FISH ON!!! Some people are just too stubborn to try something different in the high pressure areas, but I like it that way laugh

Peace

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#115061 - 06/12/01 05:39 PM Re: Sky???
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Oh man, did anyone else see that terrible accident on hwy 2 just past reiter road on Sunday about noon? I was standing with a friend of mine down at the high bridge boat launch. This huge motorhome was traveling west on hwy 2 when he blew a tire out just before the bridge going about 60 mph. This dam thing sounded like a train derailed. After flipping over on its side at 60 the motorhome slide to the middle of the bridge were it finally stopped. Shortly after the motorhome stopped 4 people came ripping out of the motorhome just before the whole thing when up in flames!!! I don't mean a little fire or anything, this thing was 30' tall and exploding constantly. From the time the motorhome crashed till it finished being put out was about 20 min. By this time the only thing left was the frame and that's it! So, if your wondering what the hold up on hwy 2 was, this is the cause of the problem. At least nobody got hurt very bad or killed! For not doing so well Sunday fishing we sure had an exciting afternoon! Brian

#115062 - 06/12/01 09:24 PM Re: Sky???
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
It took me 2 1/2 hours to do my turn around and pick up my rig at highbridge. I almost thought of swimming across to my rig. I'm just wondering what made it into the river because the explosion happened right on the bridge itself. It looked like the road was melted! Anyways fished hard Sat and Sunday and got a few.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#115063 - 06/13/01 11:01 AM Re: Sky???
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hey BK, I meet you on the river Sat. down by the Wallace. Did you and Scott end up getting anything on Sat. after I left? Was there any size to the fish that you bonked? I went back to the same place Sun. with Justin and Dave, we fished for a few hours and got nothing. Things should pick up tomorrow though. I just looked at the graph on the rivers around there. They crested last night, the fishing should be very good tomorrow. I think I'm going to be calling in sick!!! See ya on the rivers, Brian

#115064 - 06/13/01 11:22 PM Re: Sky???
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Hey whats up brian. Ya we got 2 more right before it got dark. The fish were really moving because as it got dark they were going nuts. One of which was a clipped springer which SHOULD have gone home. I cant remeber if we released it or not it was getting dark........actually on second thought it was a summerrun! Ya it was a summerrun! It tasted really good though smile laugh smile Just kidding. We landed 1 steelie and a springer.

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: BK ]

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |