THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115802 - 06/24/01 02:00 AM Re: How many ifishers here?
OneLastCast Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Nehalem,Or
Pitch Pocket

FINALLY an intelligent, well reasoned post that with all the blathering from all sides, no one could produce. You did not even talk about your back, job, or wife.

Excellent

OneLastCast

#115803 - 06/24/01 04:41 AM Re: How many ifishers here?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
You know what. I try to lay down my sword on ifish, then onlastcast comes over here and lays a load of crap like that last statement of his. I know EXACTLY who that was laid towards. All my points were made honestly with why I was peeved on that board and I also tried to give some insight on why I was the way I was. If my back, exwife, or raising two young kids adds stress to my life so sue me. I'm sorry RT, but it's crap like that from a 3 poster that really pisses me off.

Now Pitchpocket, I'm not really sure what you're getting at. You say you've been around along time on both boards. I'm sure RT wasn't there at first. I know when I went over there, there was less then 1000 posts, maybe 600 topics, and only 200 members. It was still a fledgeling operation. I didn't see any sort of family values of the sort that's complained about now. I saw a site comparible to Bob's, but I was able to exchange wits with Oregon fisherman/women and get their takes on fishing. I never was deleted/edited in all that time. I personally watched the numbers rise to the amount of members there are today. It wasn't until a couple months ago that things went the way they are. To say RT got ticked and ran away from the board is ludicrous. I was heavily emailed by Jen and Steve about what was going on. I know exactly what was said on both sides of the coin. Did she email you all her problems? I heard alot of differences on what she wanted and how she wanted them. I don't care how she wants to run her site, it's hers for pete's sake. But to change your rules day in and day out is what got on alot of our nerves.

To add to this, we aren't angry fisherman. Yes, we are accomplished. I've met alot of these guys and have seen pictures of their conquests (and they've seen mine). We're all die hard fisherman. It's not a club, it's a lifestyle choice of ours. Most of these guys aren't lurking, they do still have friends on that board. Would you turn your back on a friend even if he was somewhere you didn't like? Of course not. Plus, trust me on this point. If you post on something you truly love, not like, but love you'd be pissed to if it was deleted. I'm not talking joke threads either. Os and I are hardcore cataraft enthusiasts. I've been doing it for over 12 years. Whitewater first then started using them for fishing. We've given alot of advice online. One of our posts that was 95% good was deleted completely because of 5% bad. It's the so called throwing the baby with the bathwater. There's never a stupid question and rarely bad advice. Some of us are very slow typers so takes forever and a day to type out one of these posts (luckily for me I took typing in high school). How long this post of mine is would take my Dad an hour to type, and I've done it in 5 minutes. So of course your hard work posting will piss you off if it's deleted.

To go back to the true sportsman speech. I have to go back and forth to check I'm not mispeaking anything. I'll reitterate. We're hardcore sportsman. It's not a new thing for us. It's something we've honed over the years. We've put alot of time and patience in to refine our skills before the days of computers and websites. We learned things on our own or earned the right from older respected fisherman to secret tips. No, it doesn't make you less a sportsman to get all the info off a website in 30 seconds that took us 20 years to get. What it doesn't do is make it ok to tell us that our lifestyle is wrong/immoral when it's something that's been going on since day one. Boat talk has been a common thing in the fishing community. I sent you an email about some of this PP. I knew (and still know) alot of hardcore fisherman and they're all this way. I MEAN ALL!!! It seems more the elitists that consider fishing a "sport" or a "hobby" don't believe in a dirty joke or shooting the s#*t. It's not a sport or hobby to us, it's a way of life. This is something that's really hard to explain. You have to live it. RT, Os, Yall, and the others know. They've been there. And YES, we're free to tell others tips and give suggestions. I've done it and so have the others mentioned (and not mentioned). Of course we'll be zipperlipped about certain runs and rivers. Someone who's too free about things of this nature have to be either stupid or outright lying. That's like telling a klepto where you stash your valuables. You're just leading others to your sacred spots. That's something you only do to close friends, not out to the millions of people on the internet.

Ok, off my crate.......

Northwest River Fisherman

#115804 - 06/24/01 12:31 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
OneLastCast Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Nehalem,Or
Yeah Stealheadr69 that was a thinly veiled jab at you that was totally uncalled for and unwarrented. I apologize. That is what happens when I stay up past 9:00 pm.

But reread Pitch Pockets Post (say that real fast three times) It seems well thought out and reasonable. There is really not all that much difference between the boards.

OneLastCast

#115805 - 06/24/01 04:11 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
It's obvious that this is a very emotional issue for some. That's too bad. I wasn't trying to stir a hornets nest, just put in my apparently uninformed 2 cents worth. There are always more details than the general public knows to an issue and this is obviously one of them. However, all this dirty laundry has been aired in a public forum or two. I'm just responding to what it looks like.

You want to carry around hard feelings and recruit support for your side? Be my guest. Life is too short. I'll leave it to you guys who are more emotionally vested in the topic.

#115806 - 06/24/01 06:16 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
Frogwater Offline
Alevin

ifish is about Jennie as much as she can make it that. This site is about fishing and other fun also.
Frog

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Frogwater ]

#115807 - 06/24/01 07:13 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
Jennie_dup1 Offline
Fry

Loc: Tillamook
Im here! I love this site and check it all the time.
Thanks for the added attention, frog!
smile
Jen

#115808 - 06/24/01 10:04 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
antifish Offline
Eyed Egg

Well...well Jennie. You might not like some of the things posted over here. This is not a feel good site like you have over there. Hope you didn't come over here to get your ego stroked 'cause it ain't happening. Family board my a** it's all about you getting your kudos from your synchophants. Anything that is even loosley critical of you get's 86'ed so don't give us this family values crap. Anyone doubt what I'm saying just go back and do a little research and you will see what I mean. RT and BigStew can't deny it either they are just too nice to say so.Ifish?... it's all about giving Jennie the warm fuzzies.......barf!

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: antifish ]

#115809 - 06/24/01 10:19 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Frogwater

I'm just an interested fisherman that has enjoyed both boards for their fishing content with no hidden agenda.

I meant I have no hidden agenda. Geez, can't you guys just let it go? You're going to give yourselves a hemmorage.

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Pitch Pocket ]

#115810 - 06/25/01 03:08 AM Re: How many ifishers here?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Hey OLC, I accept your apology. As I had said on Jen's board, I was explaining why I was easily upset. You have to admit, if you were hit with cabin fever from not being able to do any activity (including fishing) you'd be *****y too.

PP, for me, I'm not upset at all on my postings (except for my little jab from OLC). It's hard to read emotions on a BB. But on Jen's board, I joined it while it was only 2 months old (I went and checked her registration as #2 and my registration date). I really didn't miss much and i know there wasn't that many posts. So I'd say I was there at ground level and new what postings were like and how the board was run. RT was there, and I assume from day one on the BB side of it (RT can vouch for his time on there).

Hey, I have tried numerous times to just say "let it be" but I would get jumped on. I like you have kids (except mine are 4 and 6). Since my ex never comes to see them I can't just throw them in a boat and go (except in my sled). Since I love to drift, it's not as easy since I need to use a chaser and can't really leave my kids behind while I pickup my rig. So I have curtailed my fishing a bit (except taking my kids trout fishing). This is my "fishing" so I do take it personally. I come here, because one can only tie up so many flies, jigs, and rigs. I have surplused so many that I have given away and sold quite a bit (hey RT, you gonna take some of my specials on the Cow? Might be good jigs for silvers). I only get probably 40-60 days fishing in a year (which is down alot since I used to put well over 140 easily). I liked Jens board, but as someone had said it gets a bit too political. It all depends on what you say and who you say it to dictates on whether it will stay or go.

I welcome anyone here. I just don't really give a you know what anymore. I know I can come here and relax. I'll scan ifish and post accordingly. No emus there...... smile

Northwest River Fisherman

#115811 - 06/29/01 03:25 AM Re: How many ifishers here?
Fishhead Vic Offline
Fry

Loc: Milwaukie,Oregon,USA
Ok, so now that 52 posts have shown up on this thread lets see how many are from oregon and how many from washington and any other states. laugh Thanks ....Fishhead Vic laugh

#115812 - 06/29/01 11:32 AM Re: How many ifishers here?
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Here are your tallies:

WA: 16
OR: 18

OTH: Master Baiter, since his location is in the "NW" with no state listed.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#115813 - 06/29/01 12:22 PM Re: How many ifishers here?
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Redneck shows off his mathematanical prowess! wink
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Krijack), 559 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |