THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116765 - 07/11/01 02:54 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Oh Ya the Hoodsport Zoo rolleyes can be fun at times and other times ...well not so fun mad

The best way to have a good time....bring Timberman rolleyes for some reason we don't get to much grief...go figure.....Os

#116766 - 07/11/01 02:57 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Gotta agree with O's bringin Timber to any combat area makes life alot easier laugh :p Seem we don't get corked either with him in the boat

Tight lines

Kevin

#116767 - 07/11/01 04:06 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Two thumbs up for Timberman laugh

Wish I had him with me on the Wind River.

Peace

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#116768 - 07/11/01 07:54 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
I would be considered a youngin' by many people who knew me. Yet I hate combat fishing. I don't like being around people who don't know what they are doing. (I'm not saying I feel this way about all people in all situations). And ya know, I'm sure some people feel the same way about me because of my age.
If I know I am next to someone who has knowledge or knows the system then I want to learn from that person. It's probably the rude and uncourteous people who bother me the most. Why would anyone fight over a quote, "stupid" fish??? Are they really worth getting injured, or how about death?
Just letting of a little steam here. I have had bad experiences with mean people! Mean people suck nice people... Just thought a little comedy would lighten things up. I think that people should try to assist other people in learning the ways of the river, and then there SHOULDN'T be ANY problems.
Matt

#116769 - 07/11/01 09:13 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
ramprat Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham
Meat Holes........ Where fish stack up in front of hatcheries river forks and such and so do lots of Anglers.
Anger..........When the Guy next to you at Hoodsport takes his fifteenth fish that he brought in tail first back up to his car.
When the guy six guys up from you at blue creek snags your line for the 22th time.
Patience............Must have it or stay away from meat holes.
RAMPRAT [img]null[/img]

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: ramprat ]

#116770 - 07/12/01 05:00 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: oregon
Dodge,

As far as the boats are concerned, yes it has gotten much, much worse. The fish numbers have also gone way down from what they used to be. I believe that the hatchery rack numbers are still up but the fishing quality has diminished for sure. I am convinced that commercial fisheries not the least of which the Tribal fishery are really hitting these fish. The fishing would just start to pick up and then the beach seines would come out........

Chums are a spectacular fish to catch on a fly, but in my opinion not worth the grief anymore at Hoodsport. The sad part is that my boys absolutely love the trip over there each year and always compare all other fishing trips to "Hoodsport". When I tell them "we're not going anymore" the SSSS hits the fan, lol. Happy Angling to you!!

RM

#116771 - 07/14/01 01:32 AM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
desertdrifter Offline
Smolt

Loc: richland
GO GET EM LITTLEZOZO!!!!!! when hatchery fish are endangered I'll quit fishing.

#116772 - 07/14/01 05:19 PM Re: Is combat fishing when the fish are thick really worth it?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Desertdrifter: Exactly my point. Hatchery fish are there to be harvested, so why not harvest them? Hell, it's much better than taking home natives. Would you guys rather have all these "Doughballs" as you call them, out at Blue Creek putting the hurts on a bunch of hatchery fish, or would you rather they were up on the Oly Pen. Targeting Natives and taking home every thing they catch?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cfinlip, Fishbait, gkohler
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 512 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |