Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118391 - 08/02/01 01:08 PM Deschutes Guide help
Rip-Lipper Offline
Alevin

Loc: Selah, Wa
Got a little schmoozing to do for some California clients. I don't want to be blamed for them not catching. THEY WANT TO CATCH STEELHEAD IN SEPTEMBER. Anybody know of a good lower Deschutes guide? Thanks...

#118392 - 08/02/01 10:31 PM Re: Deschutes Guide help
fishingtoo Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Rip-lipper: When I used to live in OR I drifted the lower Deschutes for steelies many times. Still my all-time favorite spot. Sept is great time as many of the rafters are off of the river and the many deer/chukar hunters don't start until OCT. You really need two days for the trip if you get drift boat guides. I have done the lower drift in one day from its shortest point, but that doesn't allow enough fishing time. As for guides...sorry don't know any but call the "Oasis" in Maupin, OR. The Oasis is HQ for upper & lower river guides, shuttles & river info. It is a small hotel, burgers, beer & fishing tackle stop. The only one in that part of the river. It is about 45 miles from mouth of the river & you have to go very near there for road connections to lower river drift launch points. If you want to access river by jet sled, you need to instead hook up with a guide out of the Dalles, OR. They run you upstream to fishing locations. PS: fishing is NOT allowed from any boats of any kind, only from the bank. Boats can be used for getting there only & it is patroled very heavily! One of the great thing about this river, it is ALWAYS in perfect shape. No worries about a special trip getting washed out by high, muddy waters.

#118393 - 08/03/01 10:18 AM Re: Deschutes Guide help
tilla Offline
Parr

Loc: Portland
Those guides get really booked solid for that time frame. One guide you might try is Bob Worley (Clackamas Based). He is one of the qualified Deschutes river runners, which is gonna be required in the low water in Sept. There is also River Bend Outfitters, Homers sporting goods, Jack Smith, Youngs guide service in the Dalles..September is also good at the mouth with those Idaho B run fish and the crowds start to drop as you get further into the month.

#118394 - 08/03/01 11:25 AM Re: Deschutes Guide help
Rip-Lipper Offline
Alevin

Loc: Selah, Wa
Thanks a million guys, should be able to rip lips with one of these guys.

#118395 - 08/04/01 12:16 AM Re: Deschutes Guide help
Vinny Offline
Alevin

Loc: Walla Walla, WA
rl,
there's a fly fishing shop in Pendleton. I'm not at home in NW right now, & don't have their website, but a search can find it. They have several guides, one of which is a knowledgeable young man named Rod who just so happens to be on staff at the Deschutes Park (at the mouth). You might look 'em up!

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Vinny ]

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1062 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |