THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119594 - 08/21/01 11:23 AM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Danny boy you better slow down laugh

ZoZo I will commend you on the size of B***s,

But I beleive the old days of just filling a freezer because we can is over rolleyes

I will not try to impose my morals eek on you.I'll be sure and say Howdy on Wednesday.....Os

BTW not all of us C&R Fanatics use 6 lb test and noodle rods rolleyes

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Osprey ]

#119595 - 08/21/01 10:08 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Duck in the Fog are you maybe just a bit jealous that Little zozo has a freezer full of fish.I think if he's in it for the meat he probably takes pretty good care of his fish. If you have a family A person could go through that many fish pretty fast.Sure if they get freezer burnt and go to waste thats bs.Then he doesn't deserve to catch fish.But I would be willing to bet there are an awful lot of fish that people release as part of their cnr that die as they float away,and what do they say about that.Damn I thought for sure that one would be o.k.Well shucks I better get my line in the water so I can hook another one.

#119596 - 08/21/01 10:22 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
Heh Osprey good to hear from you, miss yass!!! PEACE!!!

#119597 - 08/21/01 10:38 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Quote:
Originally posted by LittleZoZo:
I derive enjoyment from the act of killing...

I hope I never piss you off... laugh

wink

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]

#119598 - 08/21/01 10:53 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Hntnfsh, first what is there to be jealous about. I don't want a freezer full of fish. I might keep 3 fish a year and they are ate within 2 days of being caught. I see you are into the numbers game, someday when you grow up you'll learn that is not what it's all about. Then you will have serenity too.
Jim Marquis (Duck In The Fog)
P.S. How did this come to c&r?

#119599 - 08/21/01 11:48 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Aerofly Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
One thing I have noticed fishing some of the hatcheries around this state is that the fish and game are more worried about the boundries and gear (barbless) then what you are doing. I know of at least two places that fish and game has issued tickets to the guy who kept crossing the boundry marker but yet said nothing to the guys using 3/0 + hooks with painted bananna weights or "lining". In my opinion, I really don't think the f&g cares what or how you fish in front of hatcheries (the ones I have seen) as long as they have there escapemnt. After that they close the gates and the rest of the fish are stuck out in front trying to get in and then what?
Thats when the free for all seems to happen.
Every one knows these fish are not biting yet c&r guys along with snaggers are fishing for them, in this case whats the harm? They have there escapement and not opeing the gates and the fish will all die , what do you do then?.

#119600 - 08/21/01 11:54 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Im with Jim on this one. Numbers dont mean jack. A guy that fishes in solitude will outfish a guy standing at the hatchery outlet any day. Fishings not about putting up numbers like football, its for our own enjoyment. I fish areas like reiter just enough to get a fish or two for the BBQ and the rest of the time spent hunting steelies in no mans land.

If getting rid of excess hatchery fish is the reason for lining, than why not give them to the indians in trade for not netting the lower stretches?????
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#119601 - 08/21/01 11:54 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Duck in the Fog I feel peace and serenity everytime I kill something for dinner.It brings a certain calm to me.Thats good enough for me.And no matter what I catch or kill it does'nt go to waste.You said you would'nt let your kids around somebody with morals like little zozo's Well I would be more concerned about kids being around you.They would obviously get the feeling that everybody was a bad person,just because you don't agree with their ideals.So where does that put you in that big pile of morals.I know,better than everybody else right.Because your Ideals and morals are all that matters. rolleyes

#119602 - 08/22/01 12:33 AM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Well after I made that last post I realized that a lot of us including myself,need to understand that everybody has their own thoughts and feelings on how everybody else should or should not do things.I don't think that its necessary for us to personally insult other sportsmen.I don't think thats what this site is supposed to be about.Maybe if we don't agree, a point would be better taken if we kept the personal insults out of it,and made our points with somewhat logical reasoning.
I saw some personal slamming going on and it kind of ticked me off.So I couldn't keep my mouth shut.But I know I handled my responses wrong also.I'll try not to respond that way anymore.But I will stick up for what I believe in,and thats the right of everybody on here to express their opinion and not get ridiculed or belittled for it.
As far as I know I never said anything about my fishing habits that disclosed whether I was in it for the sport or the meat,so any thoughts by other people on that are pure speculation.All I did was express a point of view, and defend the right of somebody else to have a point of view.I don't remember ever saying that I agreed or disagreed with them.
As far as the cnr part of it,What I was pointing out is that either way you look at it its a waste of resources and its not right in either instance.
So I do now hereby agree to be more civil and try not to offend anybody in a personal manner.But I'll argue a whole lot more, on a more civil note though.Arguin is like fishin ,its a mighty fine sport,sometimes we just need to use a little more finess.

frown

#119603 - 08/22/01 02:58 AM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
well, I joined this one late as usual. Flossing is illegal, in fact fish must be hooked from inside the mouth to be considered legal, not from the outside in. Flossing is snagging and in my opinion no better than someone using a 9/0 treble and snagging fish in the back. Flossers are losers and should be prosecuted, it is legal in some areas of Alaska but not in WA or OR. If you do it when I am watching, I will turn you in as fast as I will crack a brew.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: salmontackler ]

#119604 - 08/22/01 07:00 AM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
For the record.... It's not just about the number of fish I catch. I love to fish and I love to catch fish. Just because I don't subscribe to Duckinthefog's "Zen" approach to fishing doesn't mean that I am less of a person. Also, there is nothing at all wrong with wanting to keep fish for the freezer. None of my fish goes to waste. I smoke, can, or pickle a pretty good portion of the fish I catch, the rest gets cooked and eaten. Those punchcards are there for a reason boys. And yes, fishing means much more to me then simply obtaining meat. However, there is a certain sense of satisfaction I feel when I return home from a day of fishing with a couple of chrome brite fish to show for my efforts. Bottom line: I don't have a problem with keeping a lined fish or ten. If lining fish is something that you have a problem with, then don't do it. If you are above fishing around a bunch of Liners, then stay away from those kinds of fisheries. And, if you do choose to turn me in for Lining (prove it) then that's your choice to make. If that makes you sleep easier at night, knowing that you've rid the World of yet another hardened criminal, then turn me in. I just hope you can get your hands on that Cell phone before I get my hands on you.

#119605 - 08/22/01 01:02 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
I guarantee it....snagger

The challenge and the 'sport' of fishing is fooling the fish into 'biting' the offering on the end of your line. Taking advantage of the fact the the fish swims while opening its mouth to manuever your line into its mouth is not 'fishing'. How about spending less time learning the feel of a leader dragging through a fishes teeth, and spending more time learning how to cure good eggs, or match the corkie and yarn size to what they want to 'bite'.......

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: backlash2 ]

#119606 - 08/22/01 01:53 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville, WA, USA
Excellent -- now we're back to threats of physical violence:

"I just hope you can get your hands on that Cell phone before I get my hands on you. "

I guess the legality issues have pretty much been covered, but just for the record, this is what snagging is, according to the authorities that will haul your sorry a__ off to court: "Attempting to take fish with a hook and line in such a way that the fish does not voluntarily take the hook(s) in its mouth."

ZoZo, go on and rationalize all you want, but you are breaking the law. You clearly aren't mature enough to accept the consequences of your actions, but sooner or later your number will come up. It won't be because of me turning you in, I'm staying away from the rivers. I don't want to have to explain to my kids why Dad got threatened or beat up or shot for trying to do the right thing.

Regards.

Mike
Woodinville

Finegrain
Woodinville

#119607 - 08/22/01 02:50 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
flickyourjig Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Saxon,wa.
The rules also say if a fish is hooked in the gill, eye, or tongue, it should be kept if legal to do so.
I for one let them all go. That does not make me holier than thow. I fish 50in. leaders and hook all my fish on the retrieve.
Ganging up on a single board member for being honest with you guys will likely bring out there bad side. I know it would me.
By the way, Fish and Game turns there head on this matter everyday. If hooked in the gill, eye or tongue, it should be kept.
What WDFW is saying is that a HEADSHOT is legal----sad but true----Easy boys smile eggy!

#119608 - 08/22/01 03:32 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

I don't think so. You are stretching things a bit. You can hook a fish through the eye or the gill from the inside of the mouth, which is of course what WDFW has in mind.

At any rate, the determining factor is intent, both on the part of the fisher and the fish. Both are pretty much impossible to determine. The fisher is the only one that really knows what his intentions were.

Regards.

Mike
Woodinville

Finegrain
Woodinville

#119609 - 08/22/01 04:52 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

I am not threatening physical violence. I am simply being honest in that you have your way of dealing with things that you don't like, and I have my way of dealing with things that I don't like. If you want to turn me in for lining, you'll have the Balls to do it right out in front of God and everybody and deal with my wrath while we wait for the Fish Cops to get there. If you want to avoid all that, then you can always sneak off into the bushes and call the Fish Cops in private.... However, that would exhibit a fundamental lack of Balls on your part, and I personally would rather be called a Snagger, or anything for that matter, then to have to live with myself knowing I didn't even have the Balls to handle a situation like a real man. Also, I am not rationalizing lining. I have never once tried to give some reason that would make lining OK. I have simply said that I line fish, I enjoy lining fish, and that I am very good at it. I have also said that if you have a problem with lining, then don't do it. There if no rationalization at all. I don't have to rationalize anything. The other thing that I would like to address is the legality in lining. By now you guys should be familiar enough with me and my opinions on this matter to know that I am not overly concerned with the legality of the whole lining issue. However, I will say this on the subject: Knowing something and proving something are two totally different things. Secondly, there are several condradictions in the Game laws... Enough so that I could beat any kind of Lining rap they could stick me with. Lastly, just because something is Legal, doesn't mean it is right to do. To the same token, just because something is Illegal, doesn't mean it is wrong to do. For example, it is legal in most states to marry your second cousin (Hey Y'All might be familiar with this law) but just because it is legal, does that make it right?

#119610 - 08/22/01 05:00 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
ZoZo, For the most part I just don't aprove of the way you fish. Believe it or not some of my old buddies line fish, but I still enjoy being friends with them. As a person I can't and shouldn't judge you. You're probably a good person. I don't know. I do believe that making threats in this forum is not justifiable. You not knowing who you're dealing with could get you into a lot of trouble. You might win ,you might get your ash kicked. It's time for you to realize that this is not a personal vendetta. We shoud not carry it further then that.
If you put this mess into perspective you'll understand that this whole topic is blown out of proportion. Duck In The Fog.

#119611 - 08/22/01 05:13 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

Oy.

Breaking the law is, by nearly any ethical standard, wrong. You may choose to do it anyway, but it does not lessen the wrongness of doing it. BTW, punching someone's lights out for calling you in to the poaching Hotline will most likely get you jail time. You can practice being a "man" while you're in there eek eek

All for a few slabs of meat that you could have picked up at Safeway
confused

Finegrain
Woodinville

#119612 - 08/22/01 05:29 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Duckinthefog: You make a valid point. It's hard not to take some of these remarks as a personal attack. I am of the same opinion as you in that just because we disagree on an issue, it doesn't have to get personal. However, when people are telling you what a horrible person you are, and telling you how they would tell their children to stay away from people like you.... Well, it's hard to take that kind of a statement as anything other than personal. As far as violence goes, you're right, I could get myself into all kinds of trouble by spouting off to someone that I've never even seen. I might win, I might get my @ss kicked. It doesn't matter. the better part of valor lies in the act, not in the end result, ie, I've had my @ss kicked before..... It's not that bad. I would rather get my @ss kicked knowing I tried then to turn tail and run just to save my skin. I'm not about fighting and confrontation, quite the contrary. But, when everyone gangs up and starts to issue insults and personal attacks, then I go on the defense, and that's when I resort to confrontation and violence. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me. I'm just a regular guy with a wife and three kids. I like to fish. I enjoy the company of most of the guys I meet on the river. I've never gotten into a fist fight on the river, and for the most part, the other fishermen I've encoutered over the last 20 years or so, are some of the best people I've met. I'm in it for the fish, not all of the other B.S. This will be my last post on this topic as I have grown bored of it. Later, guys.

#119613 - 08/22/01 05:51 PM Re: 12 ft. leader on the cowlitz?
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

He, he, if you think that getting your a__ kicked is "not that bad," then you've never really gotten your a__ kicked. You may have gotten slapped around a bit by someone that knew not to really hurt you, but when you really get your a__ kicked, you end up in the hospital, you may not work (or fish) for 6 months, you may inherit a colostomy bag, you may even get dead.

This is the great fallicy about all of the so-called "men" who brag about kicking so-and-so's a__. Unless you have some training in how to rough someone up without maiming or killing them, the outcome is usually pretty grim. One of the things I learned in the military (and since forgot) was how to quickly remove someone's will to fight, and it usually involved the loss of at least one major body function, and sometimes all of them at once. Are you willing to gamble that whoever you're pissed at has these skills still fresh in his/her mind?

Regards.

Mike
Woodinville

Finegrain
Woodinville

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (20 Gage), 1321 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |