Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129183 - 12/04/01 07:49 AM Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just learned how to use my new digital camera. I had tried before to take pics of my custom painted "Injured Baitfish" for Kwikfish/Flatfish and plugs, and it came out fuzzy. This digital pic seems ok for a first try. Here is my pattern I've tried to desribe in posts before, along with one of my favorite plug colors - the "Red Ass Cop Car". This also shows what I've tried to describe about the change over to beadchain and single treble hook - with tapered foam for neutral bouyancy on the heavy 'nook hook. It extends the hook back and keeps it steady right in the strike zone; increasing landing ratio:

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=57062697&Sequence=3[/img]

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#129184 - 12/04/01 09:37 AM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
springer4you2 Offline
Egg

Loc: Hillsboro, Oregon
RT,
If ya don't mind me asking, what sizes are these??

KC

#129185 - 12/04/01 10:11 AM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
K B Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodinville WA
RT ,I am new at this computer stuff, I can't open the picture. Is there a trick?

#129186 - 12/04/01 10:50 AM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Nice pics RT I still can not figure out how to post a pic. I really like the cop cars also I will give the red butt a try. Good luck on the rivers and have fun.

#129187 - 12/04/01 12:58 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
SeaMeantGuy Offline
Fry

Loc: localrivers&streams
Nice RT. Those definatly look worth trying out. Any others your willing to divulge ???

Chris cool

#129188 - 12/04/01 04:48 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
RT,
Its after Salmon season and neither of those have scratches in them. Even with a hook set up like that I would think you'd have a couple scratches in that kwicky! Big male fall Kings have long beaks and would easily put some tooth marks in them!
Lets see one that catches fish! LOL, just JoeKing...
I do see some Emu toe nail scratches though...

Bob D

#129189 - 12/04/01 06:34 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
RT, those plugs look great! I hear you also have some custom-painted knee pads in similar colors. Let's see those knee pads, boyee! :p

Just ribbing you, RT, I love that Kwikie. I have one with a shiatload of teeth marks in it.

Why don't you build a big Kwikie that vibrates? That way the wife can use it too! laugh

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#129190 - 12/04/01 07:05 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Cracker Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kenmore, Wa, USA
Very Nice RT! I've done something similar with the Nickel Shiner Tadpolly and it has become my staple for summer steelhead.

#129191 - 12/04/01 07:25 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys. That is actually a T-50 Flatfish. They dive slightly better than a K-15 Kwikfish, about as deep as the K-16 but it's sized between those 2 Kwikies; and it has rattles aboard. This one hasn't gotten wet yet because I had most of my fall season cur'tailed', and used the Kwikies I have painted up like that. It also has the silconed tail hole, but I now prefer to just leave in the back eyescrew without a hook on it for this application.

Having a new dig. cam is like being a little kid with a new toy. smile I will post some good lures to try for the steelies in another thread.

RT

#129192 - 12/04/01 09:42 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Streetwalker Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Hillsboro, OR
RT
Where can I find the fisheyes & lure tape you've been showing us on plugs & spinners.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Streetwalker ]

#129193 - 12/05/01 01:00 AM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Anonymous
Unregistered

Street'

The Beav GI Joes was out of the 2 best colors when I was over there the other day (flame red and chartreuse). They are also out of the sheets of lure tape fisheyes. You can cut out a small round eye out of the prism chrome jure tape sheets to use for eyes; put a black dot in the middle with a perma-marker black pen. Maybe the new 'Joes by Orenco might have some. Let me know if they do; I'm in need again. Joes just doesn't carry as good of fishing inventory as they used to. Sometimes Fred Meyers and Bi-Mart fishing inventories will suprise you. Otherwise it's a trip over to O.C. or north Portland to Fishermen's Marine Supply.

#129194 - 12/05/01 06:09 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Okay, since I hardly ever contribute any ideas for fishing tech. kind of stuff ( cause, I really don't know shiyit when it comes to fishing laugh -except I did post a reply the other day to that guy that I thought wanted to know about dinks and such-learned all the stuff I posted in that reply from this board, thanks folks wink ), I will offer an idea now.

Here's my spectacular idea. Just buy some of those sheets of lure tape once you find them-then you can use large strips of it for the sides of your lures and instead of cutting out circles from the sheet for eyes, use a SINGLE HOLE PUNCH. Stick the eyes on the lures, then mark them with the marker like RT said. Quicker and much neater. So there ya have it. Gotcha RT. :p

My ankle's still bothering me, so if this has nothing to do with the discussion just ignore it. laugh

RT, I have a couple questions for you by the way. First of all, is that "Ass" custom painted on that wart? Never seen one with a red ass before in the store. Second, is that wiggle wart effective on silvers in the rivers. Need to find something that works halfway decent for me as I haven't caught one damn adult silver yet. No smart ass remarks about that now-I've caught plenty of steelies/chinook, just no adult silvers yet (plenty of jack silvers though). And also, wouldn't taking the back eyescrew out [Bleeeeep!] up the wiggle motion/diving ability of the lure? Thanks.

#129195 - 12/05/01 06:38 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
KB,
For the Cow regular size warts in the Orange Firetiger will just knock em' dead on the stretch above the mouth of the Toutle. Up by the dam the hot plug for me (and other folks I have spoke with) is either the chrome with the orange stripe or the chrome with the black stripe and orange dot on the belly. I know those all 3 of these work, check em' out. As for Kwikfish, I used some of RT's lure tape tech and added 2 strips of red prism tape to the tail of a red clown Kwikie. I really haven't had much of a chance to fish with Kwikie's this year but that plug has outfished the other one's in the tackle box when I have had the chance.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#129196 - 12/30/01 11:56 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Nebb Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Forks
Hey RT, Is there anyway to get the picture on this again? Thanks!!!!

#129197 - 12/31/01 12:35 AM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Thank God it was a picture of lures. The title brought up scary images of RT in some questionable situation doing who knows what, AND subsequent pictures of the following clinical diagnosis. YIKES!! laugh :p

#129198 - 12/31/01 06:16 AM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't even been able to get on the picture site I use for hosting my outdoor pics (Photopoint.com). It keeps coming up with a can't access page. I think it is probably over jammed with holiday pics and has capacity overload probs. If it doesn't come back soon I will find that pic in my files and try to put it back on here via Bob's on site picture program.

I also have some pics I just took of new killer custom 'spinner worms'; using a plastic line clevis to put blades above double hook leaders with pink worms wired on. They worked great from the get go. More later on how to make them and use them (a little different presentation for this). ...

BTW C&D, I got your wart right here! laugh ... wink

RT

#129199 - 12/31/01 04:27 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Jellyhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: St. Helens, OR
RT,

It sounds like you've been looking over some walleye gear. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing about you using bottom walkers for boondoggin wink

Aaron

#129200 - 12/31/01 04:51 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
What Picture? I don't see any picture. Would like to. Where is it? confused

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#129201 - 12/31/01 11:51 PM Re: Picture of My Favorite Kwikie & Wart
Nebb Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Forks
Thanks for trying RT, I appreciate it!!!!! smile

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1043 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |