LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130281 - 12/13/01 12:29 AM Somebody tell me some good fish stories!
Cracker Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kenmore, Wa, USA
Between new daughter and Mom in the hospital I can't even get to the garage, let alone out to fish. Anybody having fun between rain storms?

#130282 - 12/13/01 01:15 AM Re: Somebody tell me some good fish stories!
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about a Gooose story from way back? A bunch of us college boys were duck hunting Lake Terrel hot and heavy continuously during Christmas break. Getting to the best blind at 2 am every morning. Buddy Tim decided to go it alone and hunt a different blind in the other side of the lake....and takes off in his canoe into the dark. gets to the island/pit blind site about 3 am and starts unloading dekes and gear in the dark with no flash lite. Walks up to the pit blind and dumps some gear and all of the sudden out of that black hole in the ground something starts to honking, hissing and thrashing around. Gooose!
Tim bailed in head first and it was man against gooose in the dark with no holds barred. Tim didn't have a lot of details to pass on as I suspect the experience was a bit indescribeable in words. Don't know if I'd done the same...but the goose was delicious and Tim lived...that's the story of the "Immaculate Goose." Not a fishing story but thought it might be interesting.

Gooose laugh

#130283 - 12/13/01 02:13 AM Re: Somebody tell me some good fish stories!
DRIFT BEGINNER Offline
Parr

Loc: longview, wa cowlitz
Went out this morning to my favorite SW Washington River, it was cold and rainy but I hooked into 4 fish and landed one. Went out yesterday also and landed one fish, both around 7 pounds. I'll be in your boat starting Saturday, I have to go to work for 2 weeks so no fishing for me, just great dreams of the fun I have had. Pink Worms really do work laugh

#130284 - 12/13/01 03:45 AM Re: Somebody tell me some good fish stories!
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Fishing the Lewis river recently with BK and hooking 8 steelhead while he only hooked 2, and the other buddy in the boat hooked 0!

Sorry BK, had to tell. There is a slight advantage to being the first bait through boondogging! I need to come up to your home grounds and let you whoop on me! wink

#130285 - 12/13/01 11:44 AM Re: Somebody tell me some good fish stories!
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
Fished the Wilson Monday with David Johnson. We hooked 27 and landed 17. We got a 26lb bright Chinook as well as 15 chrome Steelhead and one dark summer fish.

Went back yesterday with Steve (RT) and Kevin (Bugleman) and got 4 chrome Steelhead. smile

#130286 - 12/13/01 05:19 PM Re: Somebody tell me some good fish stories!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geez Troy, those numbers make you look worse as a guide in your d-boat than deserved. On Monday guide DJ stayed all day in the hatchery acclimation hole (Dykes) to get all those fish. Yesterday Troy started late around 9 am and rowed us down the Wilson, fishing secondary water behind the boat parade and we hooked about 10 fish landing 4. Fun day. Better runs on the N. Oregon coast this season so far, but nothing compared to the hords of fish on the OP, such as Chef Cr. and the ****** R. I can't wait until I get clearance to sit and drive that far!

RT

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |