Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130293 - 12/13/01 12:13 PM Flotilla 3 Lineup
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
Here are the people fishing the Flotilla this Saturday as far as I can tell. If you are listed and are not going, please post on this thread ASAP. If you are NOT listed please post on this thread ASAP. Thanks, Troy.

Spooled
RT
Stew
Rags
Dr. Strangelove
Bait Boy
Fish Hunter
Snapshot
Capin' Dan
Kalabama
Rvrtramp
Bait O' Eggs
Scotty98541 + friend (no lunch)
Gizmo
Timberman + 1 (no lunch)
Fishingdrunk ?
Danceswithfish + 1 ?
Steelheader69 ?
Mike Gilchrist +1 (Lunch only)

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. If I did, let me know.

Lunch will be at the OAK TREE RESTAURANT 3:30 PM. It is located at I-5 and the Woodland exit. You will see the sign. I made the reservation for 20 people.

Troy

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: spooled ]

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: spooled ]

#130294 - 12/13/01 05:08 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Troy,

If the Oly area boys don't have an advantage they will not participate - as we learned from the Sop vs Cow thing. Unfortunate, because it's really for having fun, not a real competition; despite the for fun trash talkin.

#130296 - 12/13/01 05:49 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Count me in. I will have rvrtramp with me also. Is there an AM meeting place or are we just meeting after fishing?? Hope the weather changes for the better.

#130297 - 12/13/01 06:35 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even Jeffhead canceled Aunty. And I just don't know if Doug and Jr. have the nads to show up. laugh jk ...

Dan, I think it would be best to meet where the driftboaters put in at the hatchery area - both those that launch d-boats on the north side and those that launch on the Meathole side. I think we'll launch at the new Happa ramp and come on up around 7:15 or so to the Meathole launch for a quick visit before the fishing. Other sledders launching down river at the golf course or Island ramp can come up to visit at daybreak if they want to. After fishing we can meet at the Island ramp and/or the resturant for pics. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. We could have a little snow during the day - fun. smile

RT

#130298 - 12/13/01 07:15 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

As I see responses, I will change the line up at the top. Thanks Jefhead and Kalabama for the notice.

By the way, remember that RT is the one talking smack on our boat. I know there are good fishermen and woman from Washington, and I will save any talking until AFTER the Flotilla. smile

#130299 - 12/13/01 07:20 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Troy,

Talking AFTER the Floatilla? See, RT talks the smack BEFORE the Floatilla because after the Floatilla, everybody can see for themselves laugh laugh

Sorry I couldn't make this one, but don't worry RT, the other WA guys will prevail.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#130300 - 12/13/01 07:27 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw on the other board that someone called this (insert name of a certain fishing BB here) Flotilla...it's not sponsored by any of fishing forums but I'm sure there will be some undue credit taken by some. Just like the tackle swap meet.

#130301 - 12/13/01 07:31 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Dan S. I fished with him yesterday, like a monkey working a math problem up in the front of my boat. laugh :p wink

#130302 - 12/13/01 08:39 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
LOL Troy! laugh laugh

If nothing else, he's good for entertainment value on the boat!

Hope you guys have fun! Fish on!

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#130303 - 12/13/01 09:23 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still can't remember which way you hook up the Hot N Tot diver Troy. Is the leader run off the bill or the belly? And I spent most of the day today practicing my casting in the backyard; in the rain! I think I got this stuff down. You just point to where those feesh are hang out. smile

Hey Dan, sign me up in your d-boat for some outer OP fishin the second half of the steelie season. I plan on making up for lost opps due to the 'oil slick' ride. Maybe saint Nick will come too - tis the season to be jolly. laugh

#130304 - 12/13/01 09:44 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
gizmo,bait o eggs,a freind of mine and myself will be attending.i won't be attending lunch afterward though.see you all there.scott

i sure hope rt dosn't use the bad egg excuse again rolleyes

#130305 - 12/13/01 10:17 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Gonna see what the weather does!! If it stays in you can count 2 more in...Won't be there for lunch though!! laugh

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Timber Man ]

#130306 - 12/13/01 10:23 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Huntar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima, WA
I'm out.

#130307 - 12/14/01 12:22 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
Will be there in spirit only, and probably some tackle too as I think I say RT in the ol tackle box rolleyes last time we were together on this very same river laugh Have fun you guys and for your OR boys, go easy on our brotherin form the north and let them catch a few......... :p

#130308 - 12/14/01 01:42 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

sounds like marginal conditions at best for Saturday. I talked to Walt (Gizmo) and he says the flow could be real heavy and although the water color may be okay the flow may not be. I'll do whatever my team (Spooled,RT) wants to do but if condtions do not warrant a decent day then maybe we should rethink this.

#130309 - 12/14/01 02:01 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

The Flotilla will take place Saturday as planned.

#130310 - 12/14/01 04:36 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope you're right Troy. We don't want F III canceled 3 times in a row due to the river conditions. The NF is one of the last to become unfishable because of the way the dam systems work there. But even if it has a couple feet of visability still it's over 10,000 cfs and rising. Can some of you experienced Lewis fishermen let us know by tomorrow afternoon if it will be reasonably fishable. We don't want the guys in driftboats to float from the hatchery to the Island take out in 12 minutes; even with their anchors out. eek wink ...

And remember my suggestions for a couple spots on the high Wilson Wednesday, about fishing the few inlet seams from the strong side? That is what we may have to do Saturday. By tucking right next to the bank and dropping anchor on it, you can catch high water fish right next to and just below the boat in the softer water. Fishing those holding seams and eddies from the weaker side in real high water just pulls your rig right out of those holding spots; unless you can float fish it while keeping your line off the water. And there actually won't be such a thing as a weak side anywhere in the NW this weekend! Let's hope it doesn't go up any more. Keep us informed Walt and you other NF fishers. Thanks.

RT

#130311 - 12/14/01 04:38 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
FYI,
The fish are definatly there to be caught... Was up there monday and a buddy and I landed 7 steelhead from the shore between the corkline and the falls.
On tuesday we were out in the sled and boated 9 between the corkline and the falls. I'd pay special attention to that particular area with the higher water. All them bankies will love you boaters working that water over. wink It should be a fun and exciting time..
Hope to make it next time, so have fun and hook some for me while I'm working... frown
Keith frown

#130312 - 12/14/01 11:19 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Hi guys the river flow is high. Color not to bad. The hachery to the island is a quick trip in a drift boat use the back eddys and you can still fish it well. I will not be able to meet in the AM one partner is comming late. I will be fishing the lower river so I will see you all at lunch.

#130313 - 12/14/01 11:23 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

To all those worried, please put "Flotilla III" into the search feature. Read the posts from the last Flotilla III that was cancelled because the Satsop was "blown out". If my memory serves me correctly, Team Vision went down that day anyway and slayed the fish. We all stayed home, because of some negative reports. Big thumbs up to Team Vision for going out and fishing a river that was "blown out". You just never know.

I am not suggesting that fishing is going to be easy Saturday, but if you want to have a Flotilla at a trout farm, I am sure we can do one. wink

Good fisherman will find fish Saturday. I know our boat will. Have some confidence in your skills. Even if no one catches a fish, which I doubt will happen, what else you gonna do Saturday, iron your dresses. laugh wink :p

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |