Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130335 - 12/16/01 04:53 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Fish Hunter Offline
Fry

Loc: St. Helens, OR
Hats off to Spooled for setting F-3 up. Was great to connect the faces to the names. We didnt seem to crowd the water too bad at all. Lunch was good. Think I met everyone but Dr. Strangelove and Bait o'Eggs, catch you guys next time. Phil Leshowitz and Mike Gilchrist showed up for lunch only. They are with the Recreational Fishing Alliance, thanks to the organization the reel raffle. Bait of Eggs won it. Had a great time fishing with Bait-boy and Cap'n Dan these guys are dialed on the freedrifting tech. They will get me trained eventually. Good job Kalamabama and Rivertramp for finding the fish downriver and connecting in a major way.
See you guys on the river, Jay

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Fish Hunter ]

#130336 - 12/16/01 05:32 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stainless Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Dirt, Oregon
Could someone please explain to me why anyone would use a pink worm in high water/questionable water conditions? I thought that you guys were trying to catch fish?

Just wondering?

#130337 - 12/16/01 05:43 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
i also would like to thank spooled for getting me down there and getting the chance to meet a few from the boards.i had a good crew(gizmo,baito eggs and eric) the fish were cooperating we just couldn't get them in the boat(had some great excuses though).that hatchery drift is a tough stretch to freedrift.the weather also was something to be desired.but with the good co.i hardly noticed it was raining a inch an hour. my hats off to kalamabama and crew for finding fish in the lower river with that much water,you must know the river pretty well.good job. wink scott

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: scotty98541 ]

#130338 - 12/16/01 06:06 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Congrats to the Dawg Boys and another victory. laugh

These Washington Fish must know an Oregon worm when they see it rolleyes

Next ones on the South side of the Big River,I hope We make a better showing than last time down there wink

Wished I could have made it,but thats alright,If I had to miss one....like RT says big water scares us wink

my arms recovering from my "day off"
Hows you'res Danny cool ....Os

#130339 - 12/16/01 06:24 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
Regarding fishing with worms and catching fish, it must be the angler. Our own Bait of Worms (The angler formerly know as Bait of Eggs) caught one adult and 2 jacks on WORMS of the 11 (7 adults and 4 jacks) we hooked. Yes, the old garden hackle stand by.

I would like to add my thanks to Spooled for coordinating the event and seeing that it took place despite concerns voiced about the conditions.

I would also like to congradulate the winners Dan and Tony, (although we had our chances to win if the fish would have stayed on the hooks better...won't mention the brand)

And finally, a special thanks to Scott for sharing his boat and knowledge. Any of you guys needing a guide out there on the cowlitz and Satsop should look him up. He is very pleasant to fish with and has a great boat to fish from.

Giz....

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Gizmo Man ]

#130340 - 12/16/01 06:41 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Was there any large fish boated? Or were they the typical 6-10 lber's? We haven't seen many fish over 12 lbs yet this year up there.
Keith

#130341 - 12/16/01 06:45 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Keith, I woke up this morning and thought the whole thing was a nightmare ... until I burped up a bunch of black feathers. shocked

Next one is Oregon's turn. I'm hoping someone like Spooled, who nicely organized this F3 makeup day, or Willierower who organized F2 on the S. Santiam, will come up with something appealing to most fishers - maybe on springers somewhere. The Willamette is expecting it's biggest run in years and will be open 7 days a week for them (driftboats work as well as the sleds in the best 2 stackup holes up there). It's an earlier run than the upriver Columbia run, so we could have one up at Oregon City in March or April. Or have it out of a Columbia port such as a St. Helens/lower Lewis ramp combo. This would be an excellant centralized location and wouldn't be the zoo of overcrowded boats and long lines that occur up below the Bonneville Dam deadline. And there will be just as many Col. springers this year but with a higher percentage of finclipped fish to keep. Anyone with other good ideas or dates post them soon enough (before January is over?) to make some plans.

Stainless, I now agree with you that it's 'doughballing' to keep trying to prove the pink worm will work on the NF Lewis, especially in high water; so I give up on it on that river. But I have no excuses why I couldn't get a bite on good eggs combined with either a flame Glo Go or with double corkies. So for that I am going to take my son to school in the morning and write "I am a Flotilla cracker", 100 times on a spare blackboard somewhere and sign it. shocked ... wink

RT

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#130342 - 12/16/01 06:55 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I went back for more this AM Os, and yes, the arms can feel yesterday. laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#130343 - 12/16/01 07:42 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Batchelor Island might make a great place to hold the next flotilla. It is great for springers and is close to St. Helens and to Pekin Ferry and Beebe's moorages on the Lewis, as well as to the Richfield ramp. That area will hold a bunch of boats too. If the weather is nice (right!) we could have a weenie roast on the beach on the island right close to all the fishing.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#130344 - 12/16/01 07:54 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great idea Thumper. And the chances would be very high for plenty of fresh caught springers on hand for a large BBQ. Cool! Gizmo said that area was a real good producer for spingers this year too.

Since an Oregon guy (Spooled) organized the successful F III up in Washington, I nominate Thumper and Giz to organize the spring Flotilla IV. That scenario has the potential for more participants and a fun beach BBQ than the previous flotilla's combined. Fun! (By the way, I found out it's not spelled Floatilla laugh ).

smile

#130345 - 12/16/01 08:30 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
PiperFLA Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bremerton WA, USA
So what kind of boat could I use for this particular flot. wink

would... say a 14' with a 9.9 or so do the trick or am I asking for trouble.

#130346 - 12/16/01 08:35 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
A big thank you to Spooled for getting everything set up for the Flotilla 3. It was nice to meet everyone. Yes I did fish the lower river Woodland down. Well you just have to go where the fish are laugh Keith the hachery down is tough in a drift boat when the river is this high maybe I can get a ride in your new sled someday. I did go out today also did well there are lots of fish in there. smile

#130347 - 12/16/01 08:48 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
I'm glad to hear that most people did well.

RT, you crack me between your trash talk and no fish. Hey, why did you neglect to tell the others you ate a banana that morning? lol.

Matt

#130348 - 12/16/01 09:43 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Glad you all had a good time for F3. Vision Hooks & Tackle apologizes for not showing up. Team Vision was going to hook up (pun intended) with Team Ultimate Egg Cure and put on a clinic for you all eek , but..... without a boat or skipper, it was called off.

Oh well, there's always F4.

Again, glad you all had a good time! Wish I could have been there.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#130349 - 12/17/01 01:45 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
Boys, Boys, Boys,...now that's not the conduct I would expect from a team who fished together several times.... laugh laugh Turning on each other.... Maybe if the smack talk was backed up with results this apparant friction would not rear up in public smile smile

Anyway, I would help organize a spring thing on the Columbia and would suggest that we can have a picnic and weigh-in at Sand Island which has a developed dock and picnic area. It is across from ST. Helens so folks lauching from the Lewis River, Ridgefield, St. Helens or the Scappose launches can reach it.

If there is any interest in this, post and let me know. If someone wants to help, let me know.

Giz...
smile

#130350 - 12/17/01 02:00 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gooose might be in for this if there's a Wa side launch. BTW RT whats your shoe size and width for your waders? Just curious?

Gooose laugh

#130351 - 12/17/01 02:53 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I thought I heard RT issue a F4 call, for the Willamette. I know I'm a newcomer here, but I'm also a long time Willamette salmon guy, and if there's a flotilla for the Willamette, I'll offer my services for a Noprthern Washington offensive into the rodents' home turf.

One North River sled, with room for four rods, ready to do battle against the evil beavers.

#130352 - 12/17/01 04:36 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Giz for offering to help organize a spring flotilla on Columbia spingers. I hope Jack teams up with you on it, because you two know the fishery and landscape in that area well. You don't suppose it could get rained out twice do ya? wink

And Gooose, give me a little more credit than that weak setup attempt. I'll just say it for you - my flotilla mouth is much bigger than my boots and they will fit in there just fine. After I burp out the rest of the crow feathers. laugh

#130353 - 12/17/01 04:56 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

I'd be happy to help Giz with F4.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#130354 - 12/17/01 06:52 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Count me in, I'll help organize this fine event... laugh Although, it may consist of a herring show... Guess we'll have to doctor up some herring and drop the kicker and do some trolling.. Nothing like a 20+ springer chomping at the bit. eek Sort of gets me excited and it's only december. Hell by then it will be short-sleeve shirts, a cold beer and shades with a fresh green label slamming on some over aggressive springers.. :p I can't wait!

I'm in on organizing this one...! laugh
Keith laugh

You ready for another whoopin Oregon, this time james and I will be there come hell or highwater.. wink

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |