Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132415 - 12/09/01 08:37 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Yes, again congrats EggsGuy. But show me where again did you enter the contest? Under a different moniker perhaps? Hey, as far as I can see this is your first post in this topic, and it basically states you're entering the contest AND that you've already caught a fish? That's just like showing up at a squawfish bounty station, showing your catch, and wanting to claim your voucher having never registered beforehand. IS THIS LEGAL IN THIS CONTEST? Not trying to be a greedy a$$hole, just inquiring. laugh Plus, I want them jigs! :p There is three places for this contest though (I think?), so I still might have a chance. laugh

#132416 - 12/09/01 08:48 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
EggsGuy Offline
Parr

LOL-you really must need some Jigs,,get out there and try to get second or third place...I didnt no that I had to enter the contest before I caught the fish..., however I am completely onest about it. I usually get my fish on eggs and somtimes a float so I used the same techniques but used a jig.

#132417 - 12/09/01 11:42 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

EggsGuy as far as I'm concerned you won under the ancient obscure "Sneaky Fisherman" rules! :p rolleyes Kinda like golfing rules. Up to RT to decide.
At least you used a cork float(related to solid wood due to it being bark) and not one of those soft foam floats. wink BTW Gooose remains unsullied and still as pure as driven snow when it comes to jigs. rolleyes

Gooose laugh

#132418 - 12/10/01 01:36 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Winnemucca Nv
Got my first Steelhead on a jig 12-7-01 about 8 am. cnr'd a nice little hen out of an small O.P. stream. Jig was a Silent Approach nightmare. The hole was behind a tree and next to a stump and basicly just an impossible to drift situation but the float and jig pitched in underhanded cast made it about 2 feet before it went submarine. FISHON!!! I do like watching that float go under. What a kick.

I fish therefore I am

#132419 - 12/10/01 01:50 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dangit all...forgot about our friend "down under!" Registered as an official contestant too. Kinda late postin but there's that time zone thing...whooops is it east to west or southeast by northwest? I there a time zone advantage factor built into this contest? Crap don't matter as I'm still a jig virgin.

Gooose rolleyes

#132420 - 12/10/01 01:54 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
EggsGuy Offline
Parr

You better fish tomorrow KB there is only third place left.
Right on man, I almost pissed my pants when I got on within 2 hours of fishing a jig. I think that I am going to fish with jigs this whole winter to see how they compare to other years.I cant wait to get the new ones...We will be ready for them with are new set of jigs.!

#132421 - 12/10/01 02:09 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I know it is a little late but I just got home from the run up to paradise. it was made extra long as we ended up getting towed in the last 75 miles after a pack of feral dogs decided to cross the road in front of us. 2 did not make it and left the car undriveable.

Left out important detail. Wife got her first steelhead about an hour later. She's hooked.

I do have a pick I will try to post tomorrow it is to late to try to figure it out and I have to work tomorrow with a 5 am getup. Darn dogs anyway.

I fish therefore I am

#132422 - 12/10/01 04:08 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats Desertdog and EggsGuy. Fun watching that bobber go under, eh? ... Please excuse me gettin on so late - I was fishing today (Kevin Beckman, Shane Stewart, and I went 3 for 6 chromers on, in a N. OR coast stream today, with some other hard takedown misses while backtrolling; so steelies starting to show down our way too) and my son was online much of the night after dinner. Anyway, >>>

I declare D'dog the 1st place winner. Mark Anderson of First Cast Jigs will be sending you 6 of his newest jigs. E-mail him your street address to firstcastjigs@earthlink.net with an explaination of your win and for him to look at this post of mine in this thread. Thanks. smile

As for you EggsGuy, I went back and checked my original post and it said ... "any other members that confess to their jig virginity here in this thread, thus entering also." I had in mind that you first post a fess up and then get after it. But technically I did not say that clearly. *So I declare E'Guy second place. I will be sending you 6 jigs instead of 5 (3 feathered and 3 rubber worm jigheads). ... But because you were a wuss for not posting before jig fishing, you now must change your moniker to "Eggs&JigsDude". laugh Just kidding. Since I am temporarily without internet service, and I won't give out my son's e-mail addy (I'm using his ISP until I get new service), please e-mail your street addy to Mark at the above address, with a note to call it over to me.

* I will also up the 3rd place prize to a half dozen jigs, so keep after it people. ... And after reading Osprey's post in this thread earlier, I would think there might be a 4th place prize from him too. Os, please verify what you are offering up for 4th place. Thanks.

Get back after 'em! smile

RT

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#132423 - 12/10/01 07:31 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
bait boy Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, Wa,USA
Rt get a yahoo address you can get your email from anyones pc anywhere.

#132424 - 12/10/01 12:26 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Come on Guys get out there.
I'll take the 4th place winner,I'll supply the Silent Approach Jigs..........looks like 4th place just might be the real"winner" wink ....Os

#132425 - 12/10/01 04:53 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Wizzer of Os, the real winner is the first guy to break the JV squad and move up to varisty! That would be D'dog. As for which is the best prize (that you entered in my contest - classy), both those jig brands are great. But I will only admit SA's are as good as FCJ's if you post an admission right here that Pac 10 Football CHAMPION University of Oregon, which is nationally ranked No. 2 by both the coaches and media polls, got computer shafted by the lame BSC and should be in the national championship game in the Rose Bowl. Waiting .....

wink

#132426 - 12/11/01 01:17 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I posted a pic of the jig fish to the photo gallery. up424.jpg don't know how to put it here in the thread. The good looking one is ... a Steelhead

One question. Is anyone else stupid enough to drive 700+ mi. to catch a couple of steelhead. I think I'll do it again end of the month. If I can talk the wife into it.

I fish therefore I am

#132427 - 12/11/01 02:45 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Gregor Offline
Smolt

Loc: America
here ya go d'Dog...

#132428 - 12/11/01 06:10 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice catch D'dog. Looks like one of my fav color combos of black and cerise. Congrats; and many more. smile Mark is awaiting your e-mail to firstcastjigs@earthlink.net , with your street addy included so he can send out the 6 new jigs to you. Thanks.

RT

#132429 - 12/11/01 12:25 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Classy......thanks Rt.
(Response edited ) wink

The Ducks gave up like 49 pts in a home loss to a decent Stanford team....not good

I got news for Ya even if Miami losses and Oregon wins......Miami will still finish ahead of Oregon.
I don't like the BCS either,but facts are facts.....the Ducks just ain't that good eek .....just my .02....Os

#132430 - 12/11/01 06:30 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Osprey,

You couldn't keep your SA promo out of my contest thread - that is what I meant wasn't classy. So be it. It does give the 4th place person some jigs - but not a good image for your SA jig company association.

As for your continued shots at the Ducks ever since they made you and your Dawgs cry last season, keep it in the current football thread please. That's where I addressed your latest incorrect Duck dis. rolleyes rolleyes

Please pardon this unfortunate interuption jig fishers. Back to fishing. smile

#132431 - 12/11/01 07:23 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Reel Truth,
I was only trying to help out a few Virgins wink
I offered my "own" personal Jigs,the fact that I fish S.A. Jigs is my own personal preference.I fish only one brand,where was I supposed to get them from?
This isn't about who jigs are best,I'm not trying to get in urinateing contest here O.K. wink

As far as being a spokesman goes,I'm sure you haven't made Mark too happy at times.

Man lighten up ,I was just trying to help out.
Don't try and read too much into it.

Do we have all our winners yet?

Ya we cried all the way to the Rose Bowl :p ....Os

#132432 - 12/11/01 08:33 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
You made the right decision, RT. I totally agree with ya, about D'Dog (nice fish, btw) bein' 1st and E'Guy bein' 2nd. E'Guy deserves credit (and a prize) for breakin' his virginity, even if he didn't enter the contest before goin' fishin'. rolleyes laugh

So I guess 3rd/4th place left then? Might be able to get out fishin' Friday, myself, and probably Saturday. Never know I might just 'get layed out' with a nice hen! laugh

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Krome Brite ]

#132434 - 12/12/01 02:00 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Blyn, WA
O.K., I'm in for the contest, too. Seeing as I've only caught one steelhead (last Sunday) and it was on a corky & yarn, I think I qualify for the "virgin" catagory... now I just hope those rivers are in good shape Saturday...

-N.

#132435 - 12/12/01 12:32 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Net_Boy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett,WA,USA
I'm in on the contest. laugh I've not caught a steelie on a jig.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |