LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133196 - 01/02/02 01:55 AM fishing around spokane?
Carsonsig Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Sacramento, ca
I will most likely be visiting the brother in law (read putz), in Spokane around spring, maybe May.
What I want to know is, even though it is far inland, is there any good river fishing around spokane?(within like an hour drive) Salmon steelies sturgeon, anything bigger than pan rainbows? I am really looking forward to the 12 hour drive mad so it would really help if I could get into some mischief while I am up there!

#133197 - 01/02/02 02:19 PM Re: fishing around spokane?
Carsonsig Offline
Eyed Egg

come on guys
I am begging! confused

#133198 - 01/02/02 04:15 PM Re: fishing around spokane?
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Not a lot to report for that area, thats why your thread is a little slow. Th first 10 hours of your drive will take you through some prime winter fishing spots. The last two hours......theres always big lakers in northern Idaho smile

#133199 - 01/02/02 06:40 PM Re: fishing around spokane?
Nathan Offline
Egg

Loc: kirkland
Sprague lake has some big cuts (also some walleye bass action.) The inlet can have some great fishing but I am not sure if it is open in May. Diamond lake has great large mouth bass...5-10pd...hit the docks with a wacky rigged rubber worm...can be dynamite!!(you will need your float tube and some thick waders to keep off the cold.)
Rock lake has big browns by the boat launch...bait works best.
As far as river fishing goes try the Spokane River it has some big fishin it...
Sorry so general... I grew up in Spokane...We mainly fished lakes and small streams...Although Diamond is a lake, it can be HOT!! for Bass at that time. Try going to Spokane during bloomsday..that way if you get bored fishing you at least have the memory of one of the worlds largest road races.

#133200 - 01/03/02 12:27 AM Re: fishing around spokane?
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: oregon
Well, if you fly fish, I would recommend Bayley Lake, North of Chewelah. The lake is at about 1.5 hours from Spokane. Fly fishing only, one fish per day over 16 inches check regs), and has some absolute pigs! We have done very well in past years with a wooly bugger and sink-tip line. The largest rainbow I have seen was probably around 8 pounds but I have personally caught them in the 5 and 6 pound range. Tons of lakes near spokane, keep asking around, check with the local fly shops/tackle shops. Good luck!

RM

#133201 - 01/07/02 02:53 PM Re: fishing around spokane?
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
........and if you would like to catch a real fish, it will take a little longer drive than an hour, but not much. It hasn't been announced yet, but I'm guessing the Clearwater, and Snake will be open for springers again next year. Keep an eye on the Washington F&G website when it gets closer.

#133202 - 01/07/02 04:29 PM Re: fishing around spokane?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Carson,

Here would be my recommendations:

For lakes, I'd go to Rock Lake for brown trout, Amber for rainbows, or Coeur d'Alene (ID) for pike in the spring. (make sure they're open at the time you're there).

If you'd rather river fish (flyfish or otherwise, for trout), send me an e-mail, as I'd rather not post those spots on the board.

Good luck.

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#133203 - 01/08/02 01:50 PM Re: fishing around spokane?
Carsonsig Offline
Eyed Egg

^^^

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 953 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |