THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135628 - 01/17/02 02:52 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: kent
Well Bardo I my self a quarter Choctaw Indian and choose not to absorb any benefits from my heritage. I am not saying "KILL" anyone. The fact of the matter is that the trail of tears dried up many years ago. How long should should they mourn the loss of our heritage? How long should a human mourn the loss of another human?....... Anyhow that is another tangent not meant for this site.
All I am trying to succeed in by eliminating nets physically is SAMENESS. DR. Martin Luther King Jr.(yet another great American) wrote about it in his letter from an Alabama jail. I do not have any words to actually quote from that transcript. but you should get an idea what SAMENESS means from my little example sentence below:

I got a rod and reel in hand, everyone else should only have a rod and reel in hand.

THe United States Government has more than compensated the tribes for their persecution. Remember we escaped the wrath of England, where is our checks in the mail????? God this would be a great trailer to Affirmitive Action rip...... but this is a Fishing website. laugh

ENUMCLAW IS A GREAT PLACE TO GET HAY. JUST DRIVE DOWN THE PICKLE FACTORY ROAD AND YOU WILL SEE THE SIGNS. ALSO PICK UP A COPY OF THE COURIER HERALD AND THEIR WILL BE ADVERTISEMENTS "HAY FOR SALE".

#135629 - 01/17/02 02:54 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

oh yeah guys the Indians do own and run hatcheries on alot of rivers....................... but so do we. Where is our nets?????

#135630 - 01/17/02 02:58 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
You know everytime I see that picture of that indian with a tear comming down his cheek, you know the one about us hurting the land? It makes me want to VOMIT!!! IF it wasn't for us sportsmen there wouldn't be, 1 elk, 1 deer, 1 duck, or 1 salmon left! They have shot herds of elk at FEEDING stations in the wintertime because they know we can't do anything about it. I have pulled nets with ROTTING!!! STEELHEAD in them. Last Nov I went to a lake and saw a pile of coho, all with net marks, dumped at the launch! So don't cry to me about taking their land from them. They were raping it long before we showed up. Where do you think they got Eagle feathers? Walmart? Wolves skins? Kmart? Just go to a Res and look at all the trash on the ground! Motor oil, antifreeze, houshold garbage, paint, ect. ect! I drove through an indian housing delevopment,(Nicer homes than most full time working whites own, which we paid for) and they were dumping their garbage in the creek!!!! Living in harmony with nature huh? Bardo, I to have indian blood in me but this crap the Feds and Boldt started is wrong! I choose to be differant and have some Pride! and so do you, so why don't the Nations have some pride they so often yell about? Why rape our resouces till there gone? confused

#135631 - 01/17/02 03:15 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
G-MAN, you took the words right out of my mouth!

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#135632 - 01/17/02 03:16 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
AS FOR THE EXCUSE ABOUT US (WHITES) TAKING THE NATIVES LAND, WELL HOW ABOUT THE NATIVES MAKING WAR AGAINST ANOTHER TRIBE AND KILLING THERE WOMEN/MEN/CHILDREN ALL IN THE NAME OF TAKEOVER? SAME DIFF AND ANYONE EVER GO THRU ENUMCLAW AND SEE ALL THE TRASH ON THE MUCKLESHOOTS HUSING/LAND, ITS A MESS!!! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO STARVE A INDIAN? HIDE HIS MONEY UNDER HIS WORK BOOTS!!! ITS THE TRUTH THO...GOVERNMENT ASSISTED LIVING..

#135633 - 01/17/02 03:51 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Ok guys I just got to say this since it was my post.......DO NOT TAKE VIOLENT ACTION. Please and thank you for letting me know I do not stand alone on this subject. laugh

#135634 - 01/17/02 04:19 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I have noticed during my encounters with the so-called Indians on the Green that very few of them are, to the naked eye, actually Indian.
I swear some of those guys probably claim "tribal rights" because they are F'ing some chick who is Indian.

Go figure! confused

#135635 - 01/17/02 07:00 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
ive seen a lot of white indians too Carl...i wonder how many of them would claim their indian heritage if they only had the same rights as everyone else instead of the "special" indian rights...

#135636 - 01/17/02 07:33 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
I don't know about down there but up here a guy I know got caught throwing bales of hay off the bridge by a deputy sheriff. He was ask what he was doing and he replied, "I'm throwing hay in the river" The deputy replied, "hurry up and get off the bridge" I guess hay is an organic, natural material and thus it's not considered littering? The guy had several bales in his PU and finished the job! I asume the deputy knew why he was throwing them in the river but couldn't cite him for anything. Also it was 2 in the morning. laugh

#135637 - 01/17/02 08:22 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chrome454 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Drifting Down The Braids Of Sw...
Save a Nate
Bonk a Native!!!

#135638 - 01/17/02 08:31 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
I'm still laughing about that one laugh laugh laugh

Quote:
you are an uninformed pussy.

Fishhead5 laugh

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#135639 - 01/17/02 08:33 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
Bardo,
I've heard of a recent finding of a body. it dates back older than the indians. They think it looks like a caucasian body eek . Could it be the indians stole the land from the vikings? Also how has land been taken over since the begining of time? WAR! I have seen something that has made me so sick i almost went over to fight the tribal netters. I think it was october i was down on lake washington at the boat launch in kenmore the first day it opened for silvers and they were everywhere! i had about 5 hook ups. the next day i went back down and there were no fish anywhere. then i see the tribal fishers coming to the boat launch. we find a few stripped carcasses here and there.we confronted them about it and they got really defensive and started saying my friend and i couldn't catch fish. i called wdfw 4 times but those Q***RS wouldnt do anything. i have the whole thing on videotape if you want to see it. I could go on for days about this subject!

Tyler

laugh laugh BAN ALL NETS!!!!! laugh laugh

#135640 - 01/17/02 08:43 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Think about where the so called native Americans came from.I think its traced back to a land bridge from another continent thousands of years ago.Looks to me like it wasnt their land that they are getting paid for to start with.Maybe they should have to pay all that treaty money back with interest.Now theres rumors of ancesters of slaves seeking compensation.If we go back far enough in history almost everybody has an ancestor that got screwed by somebody.Do we compensate everybody,or do whats really right and cut the crap and give all people truly equal rights? mad

#135641 - 01/17/02 09:09 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
As for the "tribal" hatcheries, they are designed, built, stocked, and for the most part run, by our government for the benefit of the tribe.

#135642 - 01/17/02 10:00 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rcl187 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Sedro-Woolley, Wa
I suppose that all of you who'd like to see nets banned would like to see them replaced by mariculture ~ hel! a few more pens couldn't hurt much. Look at the facts and you will see that there is a demand for fish. These fish must come from somewhere and no matter where they come from there will be consequences. I'd rather see 20 gill nets then an outbreak of Gyrodactylus salaris in pacific waters (which is linked to the re-stocking of Atlanic salmon in Europe). If you compare netting with maricultured salmon then you'd stumble across some startling information: I bet you'd like the sounds of a few nets. As for throwing a hay bail into an indians net that shouldn't even have been brought up on this board. I read the profile for Paul Fehr and it said your into survival. That should come in handy because if it was my net you'd better remember everything your daddy ever taught you.
take off your pants and jacket

#135643 - 01/17/02 10:30 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Taking action along the lines of throwing hay bales in the river is akin to the tactics used by E.L.F. and our friends the Anarchists. I'm sure they view burning down research labs and ransacking Starbucks shops in EXACTLY the same way you're looking at tossing hay bales. While I would consider your cause more just than theirs, the ends still doesn't justify the means.

I'm still hoping for research (hey, I don't care if it's valid research wink ) that shows eating salmon and steelhead (even the roe) will make your pecker go limp. Not only would men stop eating it, they'd stop their wives from eating it.....'case that $hit's contagious! Demand falls, prices collapse, and we're swimming in fish. Since it would take forces beyond human comprehension to debilitate MY pecker, I'd be the happiest guy you ever laid eyes on.

I wouldn't recommend taking the law into your own hands. Not only will you regret it if you get caught, but you couldn't possibly throw enough bales to make a difference in the long run. Besides, replacement nets are easy to come by.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#135644 - 01/17/02 11:00 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
the hell with the research, i can prove it is true. why do you think i've been married three times?
it's got to be all the fish. i have a choice, quit fishing or give up women. guess which one?

#135645 - 01/17/02 11:18 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
If the netters would reduce their netting from 24 hours a day 5 days a week (we get the other two days, ya!) to 24/3 or even 24/2 we would see a lot more fish in the rivers.

#135646 - 01/17/02 11:27 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hey Brad,

Third time's a charm (for both of you). smile

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#135647 - 01/17/02 11:59 PM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
right on andy. check out my new technique on quinalt plunking. we'll have to try it

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Alpne Dan, bjcarpetguy, red river, westcoastdayton
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 248 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645379 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |