Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136419 - 01/21/02 12:14 PM Nooch Update
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

Loc: Port Orchard, Wa. USA
Nothing but mud flowing from the Dam, Went and looked yesterday at the lake. What a sorry sight. Gonna be gone for awhile I think, Looked in the holding area at the fish collection facility and couldn't believe my eyes.... Nothin but TOADS more big nates then I have ever seen this time of year. And gaints at that, So I guess the high muddy water was good for that pupose. fish-on laugh laugh

#136420 - 01/21/02 09:23 PM Re: Nooch Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Yarf'em. Thanks for the report. I would like to thank you for your consistent reports on the wynoochee river. Not being able to drive to the river on a daily basis, it is good to have a trooper like you who seems to like company on the river more than fish. I mean, if it werent for you, myself and the other 5000 people who read this stuff would'nt know that there are an incredible number of huge native steelhead finning up the river, ALREADY. And as all of us know, thanks to you and the fishing and hunting news, the majority of the fish dont come until february/march. This will obviously be a banner year and there will be more fish than all of the fishermen in the state combined can catch. Boat fulls for everyone right. Cant wait. Oh, but EXACTLY what level should we wait for before we ALL show up? For those of you out there who dont know where to find river level information you can E-mail yarf'em personally and he will gladly give you that information. And if any of you dont know already, wynoochee river steelhead are suckers for pink corky and sand shrimp. Cant keep their lips off it. That is all I am going to say. Any further tips will enthusiastically be provided by yarf'em. As soon as the river drops into perfect condition, which as yarf'em pointed out is still surprisingly brown, I am sure he'll let all of us know. I cant wait to see all of you there. I will be putting in at whites bridge and floating to the crossover bridge. Make sure you all spend alot of time in the first high bank hole that you come to. The bank is on the left about 300 yards down the river and has some logs laying in it. It looks kinda flat and featureless but it REALLY produces. I sometimes stay there all day and catch fish after everyone else has gone down. The lower end of it is awesome. If I have left anything out, I appologize. As sinfull as you all believe it is to keep information to yourself, I personally like a little solitude on the river. I even like to be the first to drift a bait through a hole every now and then. Anyway, thanks again yarf'em. I have my gear loaded and ready to hear those magic words leave your fingers, "The wynoochee is perfect." We'll see ya there.

#136421 - 01/21/02 09:59 PM Re: Nooch Update
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Idiot...give me a break. All you zipperlip people are getting out of control. The Wynoochee is defintely not a secret. If you can't even post if a river is blown or not without getting flamed, all I can is, again...give me a break.

#136422 - 01/21/02 10:08 PM Re: Nooch Update
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
idiot...

#136423 - 01/21/02 10:15 PM Re: Nooch Update
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

What a joke, So I drive up and let ya all know it is brown and get my head bit off. Like you get Solitude on that piece of water. Again what a joke. Didn't tell ya what any of the other rivers around where like though did I , Figure if I send you and everyone else to one of the most popular rivers in the state then I will get my solitude on one of the other rivers... Besides do your homework , find a private launch and then you will be the first boat to the honey holes..... good luck. and Fish On laugh laugh laugh

#136424 - 01/21/02 10:21 PM Re: Nooch Update
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
Shipyardidiot. You are your name to a T. I give just as many reports off and on as do others here. If it upsets you so much find a life sucker. You must have work one to many shipyards in your time . I as a bunch of my friends fish that river all the time so if you would care to talk in person just say when and where. In fact you most likely do not fish that river or any for that matter. You are the kind that would have a hard time at a U-fish trout pond. mad mad

#136425 - 01/21/02 10:24 PM Re: Nooch Update
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

Thank You Boss, KSR, DB Sorry just trying to save to guys a wasted trip..

#136426 - 01/21/02 10:28 PM Re: Nooch Update
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
Don't worry about him they come and go like bad gas. Just stink up the room for awhile. rolleyes rolleyes

#136427 - 01/21/02 10:29 PM Re: Nooch Update
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
yarf em keep postin! its cool that you take the time to do that without anyone asking!
tyler

#136428 - 01/21/02 11:51 PM Re: Nooch Update
screaminreelron Offline
Smolt

Loc: Roy,Wa
Shipyard.....your the type of guy who pitches the bottle into the river when empty, or maybe tossen those styrofoam shrimp cups over the side too. Get a life....and a new board to hang out in. mad

#136429 - 01/22/02 01:15 AM Re: Nooch Update
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
Hey shipyardidiot, THANKS for the addl info on the Nooch. Never fished it before. Me and 3 other sledders are heading down there this weekend. Where's a good place to launch our sleds and park our motorhomes? Can we stay at your place? I'll let you touch my sled! Thank's again for letting us fish your river, your the GREATEST!!!!! laugh

#136430 - 01/22/02 01:33 AM Re: Nooch Update
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Nice first post idiot! eek

How long will that smolt last?

#136431 - 01/22/02 01:36 AM Re: Nooch Update
Bart Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland, WA
Tyler said it. I suspect many of us have limited time to fish and a report like yours helps us change plans if necessary and make those trips more enjoyable. Someone on this board said "I'll tell you the river, maybe even the fly or bait, but not the rock(or hole)" that's more than fair - if we return the favor. Thanks for the report. By the way, where is the Nooch :p Bart

#136432 - 01/22/02 02:07 AM Re: Nooch Update
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
Hey Bart! Hook up your sled, you can follow all of us down there. We're staying at IDIOT's place!!!! Don't forget your BONKIN Stick! laugh laugh

Anyone except IDIOT need a Skagit or Nooksack report? Just ask.
:p

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: G-MAN ]

#136433 - 01/22/02 02:18 AM Re: Nooch Update
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
Hey YARF'em:

As a guy who works a day job that doesn't take him anywhere near there, I also appreciate the info. The occasional good deed shouldn't be reason to get fried. I'll try to return the favor sometime.

Fisherdan

#136434 - 01/22/02 02:30 AM Re: Nooch Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just ignore the IDIOT. laugh First time poster, zero profile, no e-mail address and he cuts loose with a bunch of crap. We all know the Genus and species...Lurkus flamii. Take a hike dude! wink Thanks for the post Yarf'm laugh .

Gooose laugh

#136435 - 01/22/02 11:05 AM Re: Nooch Update
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Most of you are assuming this is idiot's first post based on his number. My bet is that he is a regular here and just created a quick fake ID to post a flame. I've seen it here before.

What a coward...

#136436 - 01/22/02 11:49 AM Re: Nooch Update
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
If he did that on his home P.C., I hope Bob or R.T. can trace him and put him up for all to see!! If you are new here, GREAT START! Don't go away mad, just go away. Nope wait, go away mad. mad

#136437 - 01/22/02 12:48 PM Re: Nooch Update
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Use email you goomers. eek I email some of the nice conciderate people from this forum when I am thinking about fishing it. I always email them after I get back with a report so you can give alittle back to them. laugh Just a little hint to everyone.
Yarf em - thanks for the report,I was down there on friday and it looked horrible, we didn't even fish it. Soem guy told me there might be a slide way up by the dam. Do you know anything along those lines?
Also, to end the bashing what happens to the steelies after they are taken over the dam? They can't get back right? Then why do they let them spawn up there if their smolts can't get down and go to the ocean?

#136438 - 01/22/02 06:22 PM Re: Nooch Update
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Hi Plug, there are "smolt passage tubes" in the dam that are supposed to let downstream migrants out. This is after they are scraped out of the way of the turbine intakes with an Eicher screen. From working on this project in the 70's, right after the abortion was built, I can tell you that they do not work well at all and that few smolts survive the trip.

I suspect the slabs that find their way into the holding pen, for truckin around the dam, wind up there because the dam, among other things, has prevented gravel recruitment and has turned spawning beds into boulder fields for a mile downstream. These poor guys have no more gravel to spawn in and so are going to get the chance upstream of the dam. Fat chance if you ask me. frown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Streamer), 1206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |