THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137089 - 01/24/02 07:00 PM Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
OK, we listened, we checked and now we are announcing the date of the next floattilla. The outgoing tide ends about 2:30 or so. (I am trusting Jack on this). The event will be held in the Colubia River near the mouth of the Lewis River and the Town of St. Helens Or.

At about 3pm, we will meet at Sand Island for an informal gathering to share stories and to meet each other and weigh in your catch.

You will need to bring your own food, plates, drinks and what ever to the festivities.

Those with last names ending in the letters A through M bring a salad to share...those from N to Z bring a dessert.

We will have a weigh in for the heavest Spring Chinook for bragging rights. ALL FISH MUST BE WEIGHTED IN BY 3:30 PM TO COUNT...NO EXCEPTIONS

We will weigh the fish from Wa and Or fishers to see who has the most overall weight. This will put an end as to who has the better fishers.

If you have a bbq that is portable, let me know as we will be needing a few for people to cook on.

If you have any prizes or know of anyone who has any door prizes they would like us to share with those in attendance let me know.

If you have any problems or want to make any complaints...direct those to Keith and Jack... smile smile just kidding because this is a fun event...and we will all keep it that way.

When we get closer to the date, I will post a sign up sheet so we can see who is in whos boat. Also, if conditions should change, such as water conditions, color, nets, or any unforseen circumstance we reserve the right to change the date and location (Jack's tub where he will have 10 springers swmimming).

I would like to thank the PP and Ifish administrators for their support by allowing us to announce this event on their bb's. If they would like to contribute any door prizes or volunteer their services, that would be appreciated as well as any one of you out there that can enhance this experience for all...

Giz... smile

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Gizmo Man ]

#137090 - 01/24/02 07:18 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hey,

Is RT going to catch one this time? laugh

Anyone offering a seat?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#137091 - 01/24/02 07:18 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
cooter Offline
Parr

Loc: Woodland Washington
I'm there!!! Look for me I will be the one fighting all the fish!!

#137092 - 01/25/02 12:31 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've decided that it just doesn't matter where a fisher sleeps at night - it matters where they fish. Since I have fishing licenses for OR & WA and fish almost equally in both states, I consider myself a regional fisherman. Let's see, we've affectionately refered to Oreos and Wassies in fish and football threads, but what can we call a regional fisher? A Reggie? OK, I'm a reggie. So instead of the easy to do trash talkin down of the Wassies (they are lame of course) and the over -rated Oreos (not bad though) I will concentrate on trash talking teams or individuals entering F4.

I'll start with myself. OK Dan, no, I'm not going to catch a fish this time. I simply refuse to catch a fish in a Flotilla. I do all my multi-fish days outside of flotillas. The question for you Dan is will you even show up?!? shocked This is the big one, on neutral territory - except for guys that fish there a lot (Giz and Thumper, etc.) Jeff has said he's coming to F4. Remember this time bro, the Columbia doesn't have salt in it! Leave the Coyotes and downriggers at home. Osprey, lucky star of F1 with one fish caught and one that bit but he crackered it off. Dan reportedly caught one too, but it sure looked a couple days old to me. laugh I did backrow the "Renegade Whiteman's" d-boat with a 'poly into one on and off; but not from crackering it. The fish was a cracker - it couldn't get his dang mouth around a simple Tadpoly. How hard can that be for a piece of plastic that couldn't swim away from it. Just a typical Wassie cracker steelhead brat. :p And of course, Fly and I having to give 'Yall rowing lessons cost us at least 5 or 6 fish. But hey, the guy had to learn the sticks, and the sooner the better. Besides, we were to sick to row much. rolleyes . Justin had his mojo going on the sticks and also had one on a 'poly as I recall. But that's the only way he can catch feesh. He still doesn't know what a bait bite feels like. Oh, there's always F2 >

Well, F1 'star' Osprey and bass feeeshin cohort 'Yall head to Oreoville for F2. I didn't get to go. I did the needy kids fishing event at O.C., scheduled the same day, or I would have undoubtedly caught 10, 12, maybe 15 fish just by myself; with my boat team getting 20+ summer steelies/springers combined in F2. But the 2 Wassies? Muh ha ha ha ha - blanked, when all sorts of fish were caught by those average Oreos were that were there. Hey, no prob guys, it can happen to anyone.

Then we finally have about half Wassies and half Oreos in F3 on the NF Lewis. I was able to go this time. Dan K.'s Wassie team took top honors by 1 fish more than Dan And Bait Boy's Oreo team. But we never saw the fish; but we believe them. Of course, my boat would have won this event easily if I hadn't purposely handicapped myself by not only debarbing my hooks but also cutting the outer 1/8th" of hook points off to a blunt tip; just trying to make it a little more challenging by evening the playing field - not to mention not knowing the NF worth a crap and having lamos Stew and Spooled in my boat (jk you 2 guys - at least you hooked a fish apiece). So ...

I will not blunt my hooks for F4. But when I feel a bite I will cracker set it too early to make sure I keep my flotilla record intact (unless I hear about some dollars floatin around laugh ).

And Giz, how could you even think of allowing BOE in your boat?!? He scares away springers faster than sea lions do! And Mark Z and Nanook, you guys like to anchor I've heard. That should work well on some slots in the area F4 is being held. However, you guys can't troll anywhere but thru bobber water holes though. What if trolling is the ticket on April 13th? We'll throw some bobbers out there to make ya feel right at home trolling. wink C&E, what can we say about your chances? "*******"! HOGTIDE will be a tough boy with his home field advantage of fishing around the St. Helen's to mouth of the Lewis R. area. Maybe we should make sure he is 'tide' up somewhere. And Jack? Anyone with a moniker of "THUMPER" has got to have a better chance at shooting a rabbit out there than getting a springer. How about team Vision? Or will it be team "in nobody's vision" again, by being chicken to show up?

I forget who else has posted they are going. So more trashin later. smile

#137093 - 01/25/02 12:38 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh ya, Shane and I could use a couple good fishers to jump into my sled for F4. One of our team that was going can't make it now. Since my boat will be a Reggie team, I'd love to have a couple good Wassie springer fishers join with us. Or a couple good Oreos would be fine too. Just be good enough to carry the team while we drink beer. laugh My e-mail is in the above icon.

RT

#137094 - 01/25/02 01:05 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Jellyhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: St. Helens, OR
Hey RT, If you were smart, you'd be offering me that seat in your sled. This is my back yard. I'll have it dialed by the 13th. It's gonna be a little different game this year with the higher water.

So, unless you wanna get beat by a couple of crackers in a bass boat, leave an open seat for me wink Those sparkles on my boat aint glitter, they're scales.

Just to clarify...I guess I'm a reggie too. I'll whoop up on everyone just the same laugh laugh

Aaron

#137095 - 01/25/02 01:27 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
"Let's see, we've affectionately refered to Oreos and Wassies in fish and football threads, but what can we call a regional fisher?

Slut.

#137096 - 01/25/02 02:12 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Dave, I am a fishing 'ho and egg 'ho. smile

Aaron, who are booked into seat 3. I don't fish down there much so your local knowledge of the slots are very welcome! And your posts are fun too, so I know we'll have a great time. E-mail me a confirmation. We need one more for our team. Red and green pack herring would be cool. I heard there may be a shortage of it?

#137097 - 01/25/02 02:29 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hey, I showed up at F1 and left in a tie for top honors. Now, I don't want to be known as the guy who needs to bask in the glory all the time, so I decided to give somebody else a shot in F2 and F3, in hopes that RT might actually be in the running. Besides, I typically only fish rivers smaller than the Mississippi, so when you go plannin' these Columbia trips I'm kinda out of place.

Just remember RT.......that one chrome fish is STILL how many times more than you've banked during a Floatilla? Hmmmm?

Still looking for a seat............Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#137098 - 01/25/02 02:38 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Did someone say.......Bueller????? Bueller here, Dan your seats in the Jeffhead Jeffsled!!! Hey Ya'll you out there....you have a seat too!!! I hear Os is in the BOEsled....that is unless he wants to jump ship!!! Will be a great day!!! Let the games begin!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#137099 - 01/25/02 02:59 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Jellyhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: St. Helens, OR
I'm in RT. Check you're e-mail.

The reason there's going to be a shortage of herring this year is because It's all in MY FREEZER!! laugh laugh

I've got bait covered. I can't wait to feed em' my special brine.

I guess my bass boat will have to sit this one out. Man, I don't know if I'll be able to produce fish out of a sled. wink

We'll have to leave the ramp at least a half hour earlier than we would if I was in the skeeter. That's unless you're sled does 60 laugh

This will be a fun event. I've been tinkering with my springer gear since December.

Aaron

#137100 - 01/25/02 03:13 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Rt: for a guy who can't find his way to the water without a seeing eye dog...you really talk like you where a guide or something... :p maybe even a writer... laugh

I told you the secret to fishing the N. F. Lewis was to back the boat into the water and then fish. Why you fished the puddles in the parking lot is beyond me. I saw that Troy almost had a chance to reach the water when he wasn't in the trees, studying bark rings around the trees you had him tangled in Someone of your water reading skills should have figured out that steelhead do not swim up boat ramps to parking lots.... laugh

You state you need a good crew, from the results of your prior floatillas it is evident you need someone in the boat that knows what they are doing... :p I think you should get Jeffhead and his famously modified rods and reels to join your team. That way when you are bouncing off boats you will have a couple of stumps to push off with... laugh . To round out your team,go recruite the net bit*h Stew. Roy and I spent a lot of time teaching him how to net. We let him net about 50 shad as he was only able to catch 2 all evening....so we let him do what he is best at...netting... wink

The reason Roy is with us, and by the way, I am in his boat, is that someone needs to show him how to fish. I would have put him with you, but it would be too disruptive to others on the river watching "Mutt and Jeff" trying to fish together... laugh

Giz... Let the smack flow...

#137101 - 01/25/02 04:15 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I am a little scared of all that water rolleyes
F-1 Dan"s boat was the King....
F-2 eek in our only defense all the fish were landed with 100 yds of the put in and 100 yds of the take out,with the exception of that Boot caught in rags boat smile heck we didn't even have rods in the water,at either location
considering Our no one in boat had never seen that river before we did well laugh We wanted to do a pre-float trip rolleyes but we chose to do it straight -up :p and we thought having a witness might help.......Os

So I guess I'm hitting 500..not bad for a Wassie laugh ...........Os

#137103 - 01/25/02 05:28 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Ah ..........Aunty M
Have you been hittin Rt's meds again,that's one way to wean him......Os

#137105 - 01/25/02 06:37 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Wow, I guess this means that I'll have to do my taxes on Sunday. eek

#137106 - 01/25/02 07:51 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
It appears that RC, FisherDan, his son and I will be fishing on the Seaswirl. Now we just need some tips from the Washington guys on how to catch a springer.

By the way, what's a springer? wink

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#137107 - 01/25/02 07:54 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK Giz, let's get down in the mud and pick on a middle age guy that is losing that sharp vision. (sharp vision - I've heard that somewhere before). Besides, with the slow NF fishing reports at the time with the river so high, I thought we'd have just as good a chance in the lot puddles. We got skunked there so put it late and ran away from the fish down river. But we came back in the afternoon and didn't score at the hatchery hole hot spot (meathole area) and you guys did. (How in the hell did you get Roy to hook one?!?) Geeeeeez that's humiliating. Speaking of vision, we must have been so shaken by you almost running over us in Scott's sled that we couldn't concentrate on the feeshin - had to keep an eye on your driving. eek But I need to catch a springer on 4/13. That's a lucky date for me; I used to get to drive 413 big block muscle cars when my Dad was with Chrysler back in the day. ...

And I've got to hand it to you Os - right now I'd take .500 in flotillas in a heartbeat. Would only have accepted batting 1000 going in, but I've been humbled by the flotilla gods. There are a lot of them on the horizon, and I foresee catching up to your batting %. Quicker if you show up for them! wink

Since I am really a 'reggie' and have 3 Oreos so far in my sled Giz, can you allow Jeff's Wassie team, with Dan and Yall, and my team to combine to make an interstate goodwill Team Reggie? [no Steve, you cracker. Besides Jeff's team wants no part of your flotilla stink near his boat] Oh frown , fine then. We'll see who needs to be hosed off after F4!

As for you Aunty, you are gettin pretty darn cocky since catching your first steelhead! (2 in fact, as I recall) So you keep talkin it up and come "Judgement Day at Sand Island", you better being swingin some chrome! Springer that is. laugh ... wink

#137108 - 01/25/02 09:16 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Hey can I go!! :p I've got three seats filled and will take another... $$$ eek Just kiddin- I've got another buddy I've got to get on the phone with and see if he's in or not, but if not there will be an open seat.

Finally, a flotilla that I fully plan to attend! I'm looking forward to pure chrome! laugh Maybe someone on this board can shed some light on what I should use for bait? SMELT confused :p That's what RT's boat will be cut-plugging along with the pink rubber worms. laugh
What happens if a guy shows up with a limit of summer runs??
Keith laugh

#137109 - 01/25/02 09:25 PM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Keith, nobody said summer steelies didn't count. But they had better be big ones if you want to win the weigh in thing. smile btw, I got your pink worm right here. laugh

And Giz, I just checked out this same smack talkin thread over on the other board and I gotta say I am embarrassed for you dude! shocked And I quote Mr. Gizmo "JH...when did I get promoted. I thought I was the vp and your dad was the pres. of the double d club...(for those who don't know what the double d club is ask jeff...actually its when you are caught with your pants down and the rod goes off...in the case referenced there was a double header going on...both dad and I where caught at the same time when dads rod goes off..well actually both his rods ....let the choas begin." shocked Oh man, I would NEVER admit to such blasphemy publicly if I were you Giz. Geeez, "are caught with your pants down and the rod goes off." - "both dad and I where caught at the same time when dads rod goes off." - "there was a double header going on". shocked shocked Oh Giz. rolleyes

#137111 - 01/26/02 04:27 AM Re: Let the trash talk begin...F4 "The Really Big One" will be Saturday April 13th.
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Glad you are not in some type of trance RT. Thought maybe you went looking for a emu to tell your problems to... smile

I am not embarrassed at all. Wasn't my rod that finally went off (well not the way you are thinking you big perv. :p ) Jeff's dad was the one with the double header... :p . I just happened to be next to that club Jeff calls a fishing rod.

Over on the other board they are on their second page of trash talkin'. What's going on over here...

Your right about you having to watch if you will be run over by another sled. In case someone hasn't told you, when you boondog the boat is actually moving back with the current and slightly slowed with the kicker. You don't run up to the spot and hold in place with the kicker....Kind of hard to get the bait in the fishes face. And you better watch out, cause the next boat will run right over you.... eek

What happened to jeffhead...he can't take the heat so he took his bat and ball and went home...(those rods he uses are actually the bats he uses on his softball league...Help him out RT and get him something he can be seen in public with... laugh

Old thumper keeps thinking me and him will be dead by the time f4 comes around. Its tough when your as old as he is...I hear he checks the obits each day to see if his name is listed... smile He doesn't understand that this is more constructive than some of the posts that are being made...at least we can all walk away and laugh...

Giz...or geezer....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 495 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |