THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137915 - 01/30/02 04:20 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I am with you Old Man.I wear hip boots and wool pants durring the winter!The hikes I do,you get to hot in anything else!during the summer I wear a pair of carharts cut off right below the knee pading and my hiking boots.My wife loves when I wear thenm around town!Everybody that goes with in the summer always insist on wearing there neos and end up with borderline heat exaustion and wetter on the inside than I got all day.

#137916 - 01/30/02 04:36 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
EggsGuy Offline
Parr

Thanks Crayfin called them a bit a ago and the lady said that they were the 2nd quality boots,,,the first quality are $160.oo.
thanks

EGG'S

#137917 - 01/30/02 05:15 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I use both neo and breathables, but if I had to choose 1 it would have to be breathables!

I got a pair of cabela's for $99 and have been happy. Plus they back up their stuff pretty well.

I don't have studs in my boots yet, but plan to in my next pair. Slipping on the bank when it's muddy is just too common - and a broken rod, leg, or hole in my waders is just an accident waiting to happen.

One reason I like breathables that has not been mentioned yet, is that they tend to fit more loosely, and I can slip them over my work clothes in the morning (for my pre-work fishing fix. Some folks just need coffee...) and not have to worry so much about wrinkles or even sweat like I would with neos.

#137918 - 01/30/02 07:41 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
Crayfin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Beaverton
Eggs---yea, they are second quality but it is almost impossible to find the flaw most of the time. Like I said mine have held up better than anything I have ever tried and they are still going strong! I am having them resoled and I will get another 3 years out of them. I figure buying them cheaper lets me get them resoled for free!

#137919 - 01/30/02 10:34 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Quote:
Originally posted by ltlCLEO:
Rp,
Am I right in guessing you are wearing around $600. in wading gear? eek
Something like that... shocked I do stay very very toasty, warm and dry and do not sweat even if I am putting miles on my wading boots that day. I spend as much time as I can on the rivers, which at times, is alot. So I do what I can to be as comfortable as possible.

I mean think about it...you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping and look at how much you can spend on mattresses to be comfortable...I spend another third of my life fishing so why not be as comfortable as possible? confused

#137920 - 01/30/02 11:52 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
ctflyfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: ridgefield wa. usa
I own both. I get my high-end Gore Tex from a reputable shop that will exchange them if they fail. My friend returned his Orvis several times in 4 years and they always gave him a new pair, no charge. In winter, I like neoprenes because they provide warmth and also about 9 pounds of floatation, about half as much as a PFD. Two folks I know capsized a raft in January and were stranded on a rock. The one wearing neoprenes lived, the other died of hypothermia. Finally, they are fairly inexpensive. So, I think each has a place.

#137921 - 01/31/02 10:47 AM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Its all good Rp!!!I just got hit with a severe case of sticker shock!After reading your post I went over to siims site and took a look!Looks like some nice sht!!
I do sleep on a $1400.00 bed which I argued against right up to the morning after I slept in it!!! smile

#137922 - 01/31/02 01:18 PM Re: Waders- Gore-tex or Neoprene ????
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Do Gore Tex waders get as stinky as neoprenes? If so, how do you clean them? I don't own a set of breathables, but they are on my list. Another great advantage I see is that they pack better.

I second all the comments on studded wading shoes. They are like night and day compared to felt-only boots. The only problem I had was getting used to exactly how well they grip. I've almost gone down a couple of times because the studs grip so well I almost went down because of my forward momentum. The only spot I see that warrants extra caution with studs is dry smooth rocks - they are like ice when using studs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645389 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |