THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137972 - 01/29/02 09:45 PM Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hey! Stop that! Quit lurkin', stop jerkin', and start workin'. Help us out with your info. Share your insights, and pull up a keyboard and chat a while.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#137973 - 01/29/02 10:03 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
It's like being an actor on the state and someone just turned off the front flood lights. Suddenly, I can see all the people out in the audience and I feel...kinda...stunned.

#137974 - 01/29/02 10:24 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
ONTHESAUK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Stunned??? You think someone was listening to you?

#137975 - 01/29/02 10:39 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Ouch! He's up against the ropes!

#137977 - 01/30/02 01:41 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
What the hell is the deal with all these lurkers? mad I see over half the names on here that I have never seen a post from mad .Lets get some info goin here guys...Don't just be LURKIN!!!TM

#137978 - 01/30/02 02:02 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
aosteelheader Offline
Alevin

Loc: Central Point Or.
A lot of times I want to post a reply but someone else has already said what I was thinking, or pretty close to it. So I just read on.

#137979 - 01/30/02 09:31 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
Wow, with the new recent visitors feature, kinda puts a whole new spin on things here doesn't it?

Dogfish, I can understand some of the reluctance though of some of the so called lurkers to join in. How many times have you seen people or have been yourself flamed for various reasons on this board. Doesn't take much for a guy to get jumped around here.

#137980 - 01/30/02 11:49 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I know, but I know the flamers, and if they read the board a lot, they know the hot buttons to avoid and the people to ignore.

For example posts on Sleds vs. Driftboaters vs. Bankers, don't mention zipper lip streams like Percival Creek in Olympia that empties into Capitol Lake (J/K), anything dealing with the tribes and their right to use nets, commercial fishermen, and what type of hook is best. If they avoid these simple topics, ask a question or two that get a discussion going, or present us with a solution to an issue they they have overcome, I welcome them.

Well, except for that 4x4 guy who keeps on lookin' at naked pics of his mom and sister with his MAC(10) 'puter. wink All but that guy are welcome to post.

Andy

#137981 - 01/30/02 12:11 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Kyle_A Offline
Spawner

There was a time when this board was a great resource for fishing information. I learned a lot in the first year or so. It seems to have become a replacement for a couple of peoples private email threads to each other. No longer the great source of information it once was. I still take a quick glance daily just to see if someone has posted some good info, or if it's the same couple guys/gals braggin about how great they are and sharing information that should be shared in private mail, not in a public forum. Now go ahead and continue the thread as to "what's up his _ss" and "take a chill dude".

The poster formerly known as Cracker.

#137982 - 01/30/02 12:47 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Hey TM
Maybe they dont have anything good to say:)
Havent you ever heard the frase(sp) If you dont have anything good to say Dont say anything at all rolleyes But its not like anyone around here ever advideds by that rule anyways wink shocked
Dances Out

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

#137983 - 01/30/02 01:08 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

The thing is Kyle, you took the time to post. Thanks. Yeah, there are a few cliques here, and a few guys who take but never share. That's society for you. There are also a number who share for the sake of making folks better fishermen.

Bob has shared a great deal, especially on gear selection for conditions. This summer there was tons of sharing on salt water salmon fishing. I asked a question on springer tips this week and got a wealth of information, so sharing does happen. You might not get the name of a zipperlip, but you might get enough clues to figure out how to find your own.

I'm just asking for the lurkers to contribute, heck, even a good joke, cause we could all use a laugh once in a while.

#137984 - 01/30/02 01:24 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
My.02 worth,
I've been viewing and sharing info on this board for couple years now. I could of sat back been a lurker and tried to retrieve info that may help me, but instead I contribute knowing with my knowledge that I help people and reality is that feels good. I love seeing others catch fish! But in return I as most all on here won't share all their secrets or favorite places to fish.

Loosen up and share a little, or if you just a beginner don't be afraid to ask..
Keith laugh

#137985 - 01/30/02 01:29 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
i lurked for awhile cuz i lost my password..so i have a excuse.. laugh

#137986 - 01/30/02 01:37 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I've posted a couple replies but for the most part, I've been a lurker for a couple months now. Problem is, I've only steelheaded a couple times and don't have anything to add. Just looking for info for the next time I might be able to get out and try it again. I read all the posts about nets, hooks, boats, etc... but what more can be added? I look forward to posting my $0.02 about the saltwater fishery this coming year.

#137987 - 01/30/02 04:06 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
taoski Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: King County
I'm with ejthomp and most other smolts. I post when there's somthing I can contribute, and keep ly trap shut when I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think lurkers are with holding anything, just listening to the experts for a while. Peronally, this is my first steely season, so I still have a lot to learn. When I've gained enough insight and wisdom about the sport, I'll gladly share.

#137988 - 01/30/02 05:10 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Loco_Dingo Offline
Parr

Loc: Boise
I guess what Dogfish and others are looking for from us smolts or lurkers is what I define as "SPAM". I'll contribute when I actually have something to contribute...on the other hand, this reply is a lot like others and therefore is SPAM. Happy now?

#137989 - 01/30/02 06:18 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

So you're saying that you're lame??????? wink

#137990 - 01/30/02 06:36 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

SPAM, or NOISE?

#137991 - 01/30/02 06:48 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
LittleBear Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: USCGC HEALY, Seattle, WA
'Guess I'll come out from lurking to say "Hello". I'm a Native to Northwestern Waters but haven't been able to get much fishing in 'til the last year or so. I'm afraid I pretty much suck at it, but I'm an avid Steelie and Salmon FISHERMAN (OK... Woman) just not a very good CATCHERMAN. laugh I enjoy reading the posts on here and hope to catch up with some of you on local Rivers one of these days. I'm also big into fly tying... and have only beaten the water with a fly line... hmmmm... three times rolleyes ...that includes at the North Pole! (For real!)

#137992 - 01/30/02 06:51 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
fishblood Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
I have been reading this board for about 6 months now and haven't posted much but thats because I don't know much about the subjects being discussed. I enjoy reading others opinions on issues such as hatchery practices and comercial fishing. when i first came to this board I didn't know enough about these issues to have an informed opinion so i've just listened to what others have had to say while gaining enough information to formulate my own opinions. If I new more about fishing techs i would be glad to share but since I caught my first winter run just this monday I probably don't have much to add. Hopefully as I learn more I will be able to add to the discusions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bob, Mike Abbott
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645451 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |