No flaming please. I'm not giving out any secrets.

Floated the nooch for the first time with a fellow board member on Wed (thanks for the ride in your D-Boat Kurt - it was nice to meet you).

Fishing was good - for everyone but us!!! Kurt and I will be scarred for life. Just as one example of how the day went, we worked a run with eggs, jigs, plugs, spoons, spinners, shrimp, and the kitchen sink - then a boat comes through with a guy and his 8yr old kid. With in a few minutes the kid is fighting his first steelhead!! Cool for him and really made his dad proud - but man did we feel like crud. Later, I'm about to work through a nice looking slot with my float/jig, and my first cast into it, I get hung up and lost my jig (this river is full of logs and branches - don't get too attached to your gear here...). I walk back to the boat and a sled moves in on my spot. Seconds later he has a nice native fish dancing on the end of his line. Anyway - final score: Us nothing (not a bite), everyone else (at least the boaters we checked with) - at least a fish or more - some dark, some bright.

Also, for a mid week trip, this river was PACKED with tons of bankies and a parade of boats.

When passing over the diversion dam, my thoughts went out to recent drowning victim. Really put the day in perspective...

-Chad